No announcement yet.

Mack Maine the unsung hero of C5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can’t please everyone I guess. Personally , I feel like Wayne quality been so inconsistent and such a tease for so many years, to get an album where he’s consistently rapping this good for 20+ tracks is almost a miracle. Think about it: almost no immature dick and pussy jokes, almost no struggle bars, no unbearably high voice, actual meaningful lyrics that don’t descend into empty philosophies, dope production, nice variety, thematic consistency and motif (the Cita thing).

Both FWA and D6 were dope but they each suffered from Wayne’s biggest modern day flaws (many listed above), so C5 is actually the first time all of it kind of came together with 95% of the bullshit shaken out.

Plus we got a little bit of almost every side of Wayne’s styles — all top quality imo. A song like Perfect Strangers or What About Me could have crashed and burned in any other Wayne era but he turned them both into classic soft tracks here.

i guarantee there’s probably dozens of songs that some of us would call GOAT that didn’t make the cut, but I think Mack (or whoever was mainly responsible) took on a nearly impossible task and delivered what I think most Wayne fans wanted out of C5.

Think aboht what a tough tough task that is too. There were probably songs that were lyrically unbelievable but maybe they had one weak verse or a shitty hook. So they didn’t make the cut. I don’t know. I’m just grateful we got a solid dope Wayne record in 2018

Comment

Mack Sorted The Interview Out With Cita & Put Himself On The Album Cause He Wants Fame

Comment

Working...
      X