Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[OFFICIAL] THE FUNERAL (Appreciation/Discussion)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jhoya101 View Post
    mac dont count, he dead.

lil uzi
    em
    lil baby
    kendrick
    travis
    drake

and maybe thug

only ones who would outsell wayne say next year

bad bunny
    jhene aiko wont be outseling wayne in the future. theyr hot acts
    yeah idk about that. I guess we’ll see in december. Im sure there will be more.
    and jhene’s fanbase is steadily growing. She will do it again I think. As for BB, depends how long spanish music stays relevant. It’s been 2 years as it is

ive seen forums from 07-08 call wayne a hot act too. Sometimes hot acts surprise you

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by bhawks24 View Post
    And yet, I listen to Funeral over all of these. I bump some of Music to be Murdered By too
    As far as albums this year I been bumping Uzi and G Herbo the most

Comment

• Originally posted by martian master View Post
      yeah idk about that. I guess we�ll see in december. Im sure there will be more.
      and jhene�s fanbase is steadily growing. She will do it again I think. As for BB, depends how long spanish music stays relevant. It�s been 2 years as it is

ive seen forums from 07-08 call wayne a hot act too. Sometimes hot acts surprise you

- - - Updated - - -

As far as albums this year I been bumping Uzi and G Herbo the most
      But we all know Wayne is a lyricist. Like Eminem. He�ll always do numbers just cuz of how well he raps. Like if he ever did a press conference and said �I�m rapping harder than ever� he could do 200-250k first week and maybe more. Like if he sed these are the best raps of my career. The numbers he�d do could be carter like. Like everyone would at least take a slight listen just to see what all tht entails. People love to hear Wayne rap. He�s one of the few artists that could make a statement like that and it�d mean something. And yeah he always has people that think he�s just a commercial artist but his core fans know and listen to him due to the caliber he raps at.

Comment

But we all know Wayne is a lyricist. Like Eminem. He’ll always do numbers just cuz of how well he raps. Like if he ever did a press conference and said “I’m rapping harder than ever” he could do 200-250k first week and maybe more. Like if he sed these are the best raps of my career. The numbers he’d do could be carter like. Like everyone would at least take a slight listen just to see what all tht entails. People love to hear Wayne rap. He’s one of the few artists that could make a statement like that and it’d mean something. And yeah he always has people that think he’s just a commercial artist but his core fans know and listen to him due to the caliber he raps at.

Eh if you say so. These numbers aren’t really impressive. Out of 2020 hiphop related releases (i count 12) he’s 7th best. And compared to his peers of his level (Kanye(2019) and Eminem) his numbers are low. They both almost doubled him. This his worst first week since Carter 1 (excluding IANAHB because it’s release was the first of it’s kind). Also the album did a freefall on the charts since the release. People aren’t listening like that. I’m also not a fan of this album, lacks structure in my opinion, and songs with structure are lazy. He’s rapping great but the songs don’t stick i don’t think an announcement would do much. .

Comment

• Originally posted by martian master View Post
          Eh if you say so. These numbers aren�t really impressive. Out of 2020 hiphop related releases (i count 12) he�s 7th best. And compared to his peers of his level (Kanye(2019) and Eminem) his numbers are low. They both almost doubled him. This his worst first week since Carter 1 (excluding IANAHB because it�s release was the first of it�s kind). Also the album did a freefall on the charts since the release. People aren�t listening like that. I�m also not a fan of this album, lacks structure in my opinion, and songs with structure are lazy. He�s rapping great but the songs don�t stick i don�t think an announcement would do much. .
          Buggin. All those numbers came from Wayne�s core fan base tho. Niggas will always check if Wayne drop something. It�s just he has almost no pull in the mainstream. And if he had a big feature. Like Kendrick, or Cole, drake or someone he could still easily sell a lot. The best songs on here are some of the best music Wayne�s made this decade. Mahogany, harden, piano trap, stop Playin wit me etc. like these songs are universally liked by anyone who�s not a teenager. And people still take what Wayne says serious. Like if he sed this is the best music of my career or my best rapping, it would have to garner more views
          Last edited by jhoya101; 03-16-2020, 08:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ym9191 View Post
            - - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -
            I started this shit, they borrowed this shit
            I thought of this shit, they thought it was it
            you just part of this shit, I'm the heart of this shit, and the heart doesn't skip
            it�s BrewCityYM lil BITCH

Comment

• Originally posted by BrewCityYM View Post
              I started this shit, they borrowed this shit
              I thought of this shit, they thought it was it
              you just part of this shit, I'm the heart of this shit, and the heart doesn't skip
              it’s BrewCityYM lil BITCH
              I wonder if they're the same person or diff

Comment

• Originally posted by BrewCitySQ View Post
                I don't know how you can be reppin CM like that after everything Wayne went through.
                You�re like the awkward guy in school copying others to fit it in but like a clown

Comment

• Originally posted by BrewCityCM View Post
                  You’re like the awkward guy in school copying others to fit it in but like a clown
                  Where's the explination of reppin CM? Better take your ass to babybirdbitchHQ.com

Comment

• Originally posted by bhawks24 View Post
                    And yet, I listen to Funeral over all of these. I bump some of Music to be Murdered By too
                    no! you are supposed to listen to uzi the most since he sold the highest, then em, then baby, etc..

sales are very important!

Comment

• Originally posted by legendarytunechi View Post
                      no! you are supposed to listen to uzi the most since he sold the highest, then em, then baby, etc..

sales are very important!
                      yea exactly

Comment

• we are Wayne fans and we want Wayne to sell well but he won't, this is 2020, not 2011, Wayne is not a superstar anymore.

Comment

But we all know Wayne is a lyricist. Like Eminem. He�ll always do numbers just cuz of how well he raps. Like if he ever did a press conference and said �I�m rapping harder than ever� he could do 200-250k first week and maybe more. Like if he sed these are the best raps of my career. The numbers he�d do could be carter like. Like everyone would at least take a slight listen just to see what all tht entails. People love to hear Wayne rap. He�s one of the few artists that could make a statement like that and it�d mean something. And yeah he always has people that think he�s just a commercial artist but his core fans know and listen to him due to the caliber he raps at.
                          Hell no. If they dont change the way they plan out these albums and if they dont put big relevant names on it then it'll stay like this / get worse
                          I really dont care about the numbers but dont think Wayne going out there and saying this is my best shit ever will make people (other than his core fanbase you already mentioned buying his stuff anyway) lose their shit

I really dont see him having another peak as in commercial success. They fucked up basically a whole decade of his career
                          Only Chance would bei through different management and that hope died already
                          But I'm glad if I'm wrong

Comment

Working...
                          X