Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[OFFICIAL] THE FUNERAL (Appreciation/Discussion)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WeezyFan View Post
    Wayne basically comfirming his heroin usage on I don't sleep. saying he speedballing.
    Nah he said "speedballing off the cocaine and CODEINE"

Not that it really matters that much I guess

Comment

riggght I love the album, that beat switch on Piano Trap is so unexpected and dope.
      got me goosebumps fr just like his flowswitch halfway through 'Harden'

Also... idk man but the versatility of this man is untouchable..
      There are rappers out there that literally have one style/flow of rapping
      And this man basically shows off a whole catalogue on a single project.. like I cant even comprehend it

Comment

• It�s a shame some people gave this album 1 listen through and deemed it trash. There�s a 0% chance you can take it all in with only 1 listen. Wayne himself said go into it with an open mind so forget whatever expectations you had and appreciate it for what it is cause it�s a great ass album. Shit gets better and better with each listen. Thank you Wayne

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsnowman1 View Post
          Production definitely lacking on some songs, which should not be the case for a artist as big as wayne. I noticed even his lighter flick doesn't sound crisp or high pitched like it normally would. I think the half the album sounded like a mixtape, another half sounded like a album. Since wayne was rapping his ass off I'll give it a 6.5/10, but that fast repetitive flow on almost half the songs gets annoying and boring as fuck to listen to over and over again. He needa slow down and make his voice clearer and no more whiny autotune shit and ditch the yeah yeah yeah yeah shit also lol. Just my opinion
          I dont really know or care about the lighter flick but I fully agree with the rest of your statement.
          Last edited by W.Fuckin'Baby; 02-01-2020, 07:20 PM.

Comment

• The last song, wayned world, reminds me so much of lil uzi vert. But i like it
            "I can see God when I'm Squinting"

Comment

• Originally posted by TuneFromMoon View Post

And this man basically shows off a whole catalogue on a single project.. like I cant even comprehend it
              And he's good enough and has enough reputation that he can try out multiple different styles all over the place. To me, I like how he's rapping his ass off on one song, the next song is a bounce song, the song after that might be an R&B crooner, and the song after that is just flat-out bizarre (like "Bastard," which I now love).

And excuse me for saying this, but I am the one human being in the universe who actually REALLY likes "Trust Nobody." I love how he harmonizes and I honestly didn't know he had it in him. Maybe it's my "female hormones," so the rest of you guys can go and puke in the corner, but I LOVE that song.

Signed,

A Gurl

Comment

• whole funeral album listened 9 million times in its first day on spotify. on the other hand, even just mona lisa and dont cry did this same number in their first day. 2 songs from carter V equal to this album in number wise.

Comment

• Originally posted by uhese1 View Post
                  whole funeral album listened 9 million times in its first day on spotify. on the other hand, even just mona lisa and dont cry did this same number in their first day. 2 songs from carter V equal to this album in number wise.
                  Yeah CV was one of the most hyped albums ever and those 2 songs had Kendrick and XXX who had recently died. What would you expect?

Comment

• Originally posted by ceb420 View Post
                    Nah he said "speedballing off the cocaine and CODEINE"

Not that it really matters that much I guess
                    lol who does a speedball with codeine? how do u even do it? crushed up codeine pills could maybe work? but still.. he prolly said codeine because heroin isn't popping like that

Originally posted by TuneFromMoon View Post

yeah it's crazy, so many styles and they're all dope in their own unique way. This album got it all, trap, rap, introspective deep subjects, bangers etc... list goes on

''They say they want the drugs to stop but imma major setback when my album drop''

Comment

• Whoever told me to drink tequila so I would forget what album sounded like so it will be hearing it twice for the first time.. Yeah bad idea lmao

Comment

lol who does a speedball with codeine? how do u even do it? crushed up codeine pills could maybe work? but still.. he prolly said codeine because heroin isn't popping like that

yeah it's crazy, so many styles and they're all dope in their own unique way. This album got it all, trap, rap, introspective deep subjects, bangers etc... list goes on
                        speedballing just means mixing uppers and downers

Comment

• Okay my favorite songs in order are

1. Harden
                          2. Piano Trap
                          3. Wayne�s World
                          4. Mahogany
                          5. Clap For Em
                          6. Wild Dogs (woulda been first but he messed the 2nd half of the song up with that bullshit)
                          7. I Dont Sleep
                          8. I Do It
                          9 Bing James (Jay Rock Killed That Shit)
                          10. Line Em Up
                          11. Bastard Kid
                          12. Ball Hard
                          13. Funeral
                          14. Mama Mia (Would Be Top 5 But The Beat Is So Gawd Awful Cringe Worthy. Might Be The Worse Beat Ever)

The rest of the album I can do without

Comment

Working...
                          X