Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[OFFICIAL] THE FUNERAL (Appreciation/Discussion)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bro stop lol. Half of those songs in your tracklist are old asf and have been played out, why would he put those songs on a new release. Yes, the album had some filler but a lot of it had dope lyricism and the beats were pretty solid. He even said it himself in an interview that he made it like a mixtape...

Comment

• Originally posted by KnockMeOut View Post
      People seem to hate that song with Adam Levine. Like all the reviews I've seen just dismiss it as awful with no explanation. It's the most formulaic sounding track but still
      Their explanation is "should not let such people like adam into the culture" like wtf?

Comment

• Originally posted by SareeBabee View Post
        Let's all be honest guys. Lil Wayne not fell off, but this album is so bad. NC2 MIXTAPE was better though. Only 1-2 A Class songs, 4-5 B Class songs, other's are trash.

Lyrics are 7.5/10
        Intrumentals 3/10
        Voice 3/10
        Feature's 4/10

Even album cover is so simple. Guys this is Lil Wayne don't forget that.....

It's so stupid that Lil Wayne put 70% of song's into Album. Better to sell this shitty song's as verse or something to shitty artist, DJ's to make money.

Just Imagine this tracklist.

1. Mama MIA
        2. Gratefull feat. Gudda Gudda
        3. Third Strike
        4. Quasimodo
        5. Vizine
        6. Mahagony
        7. I Do It Feat. Big Sean and Future
        8. Sleepless
        9. Harden
        10. Ball Hard feat. Lil Twist
        11. Piano Trap
        12. It Aint Me
        HONESTLY, this album is great and my favorite since C3 and what you're saying here is nonsense...TO ME.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Mbminas View Post
        Their explanation is "should not let such people like adam into the culture" like wtf?
        cuz he's white and makes soft rock/pop music. That song is one of the most popular on itunes though so obviously a lot of people fuck with it

Comment

• Originally posted by Mbminas View Post
          All this "culture" shit can be pretty ridiculous tbh

Comment

• Does anyone here like the adam levine song? I haven't been seeing it on people's lists

Comment

• Originally posted by Tha Mobb View Post
              Does anyone here like the adam levine song? I haven't been seeing it on people's lists
              I like it but not as much as I did at first. It's pretty repetitive, gives me a generic sort of 'Love the way you lie' radio song vibe.

Comment

Does anyone here like the adam levine song? I haven't been seeing it on people's lists
                Yea Its a great song

Comment

• https://youtu.be/3hWNtqzatQU

Comment

• Originally posted by BrewCityYM View Post
                    i actually subbed to them before, they make quality videos and know what they‘re talking about, unlike like 99% of the rest out there

Comment

i like it but for the moment im gonna keep bumpig mama mia and ball hard

Comment

• They talk about Wayne 33:30 minutes in

Comment

• Ok so I finally got to roll one up and listen to this from front to end and I thought I'd give my opinion on it since I don't
                          really post long paragraphs. As I said earlier I love the diversity on it and will give my opinion on every track but I wanna start off
                          with saying that I think a lot of his auto-tune usage was so mishandled (except for 'Never Mind' imo that was just perfect) and as a reference for heavy auto-tune use I wanted to give this example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j42Lj9cyzG8 because he also stretched the notes/sounds/words whatever you want to call it but didn't pitch em into hell

�€‹Funeral�€‹ - I really like how he opens up this one. Quite unconventional but dope and the spooky beat fits the theme well �€‹Mahogany�€‹ - He really rode that one absolutely fluently. Thats a fact imo
                          �€‹Mama Mia�€‹ - I really disliked the beat at the start and I honestly still do but weirdly it allows Wayne to go off absolutely stupid For real tho he spittttts fire on this beat and somehow it synergyzes beautifully lol
                          �€‹I Do It�€‹ - Idk man I just really like this one. I like Big Sean and I think he does a good job on the hook. The 'Da Baby' feature was dope in my eyes and Wayne flowed super dope
                          �€‹Dream�€‹ - Track opens up nice and is pretty consistent but to me he could've cut back on the screaming near the three minute mark
                          �€‹Stop Playing With Me �€‹ - Flawless.
                          �€‹Clap For Em�€‹ - To me he should've kept this one or atleast put more effort in it. Also an example of bad pitching or whatever it is
                          �€‹Bing James�€‹ - Also dont really feel the beat all that much but unlike he doesn't manage to make up for it with an exceptional execution like on 'Mama Mia' but overall it's still pretty nice besides my dislike of the beat
                          �€‹Not Me�€‹ - "put some money on my head but your shooter missed but you know karma is a bitch just like you a bitch walked in the pet store said gimme a cobra"not really much that is needed to add considering his execution on this one
                          �€‹Trust Nobody�€‹ - This is another example of an average track that could've been so much more if there was not the pitch. Going back to the D3 example
                          �€‹Know You Know�€‹ - Had to have 2 Chainz on it I guess but I do really enjoy his verse, kinda smooth. The beat is really chill too, I actually kinda love it lol and Wayne rides it perfect too. I mean the track overall is nothing special substancially but I just really vibe with it
                          �€‹Wild Dogs�€‹ - He goes fucking nuts on this one imo. Fucking literally brutal bars lol
                          �€‹Harden�€‹ - Flawless and beautiful.
                          �€‹I Dont Sleep�€‹ - Off first listen this was actually my favorite track just because I fucking love that beat and how he flows on it. It really is a vibe. Same thin with 'Ballin' from Roddie Ricch. Also I really enjoy Takeoffs verse and I think think (though this is probably a reach) as [MENTION=62207]Zimmie[/MENTION] previously stated that he is arguably the best "rapper" out of the group with Wayne picking him as a feature is him acknowledging this
                          �€‹Sights and Silencer�€‹ - I guess its okay but really not more. Its not utter trash but not great either I'd say
                          �€‹Ball Hard�€‹ - Absolutely dope flow and ececution and Twist actually kinda impresses me I have to say
                          �€‹Bastard�€‹ - Another dark beat but I like this one much more and he goes really hard. The flowswitches are crazy
                          �€‹Get Outta My Head�€‹ - loved a lot of X music and Wayne really starts it off great but then it gets way to over the top with that hook and after that.. yeah well. Definitely could've gone without it but it probably got a pass cause of that 'Funeral' theme
                          �€‹Piano Trap�€‹ - Unbelievable how good how this is. For real
                          �€‹Line Em Up�€‹ - I wonder if he included an arabian kinda "themed" beat in this as a shout out to 'His Majesty' lol. Kinda cool track but also more like an mixtape track to me
                          �€‹Darkside�€‹ - Spitting fire from start to finish. I really fucks with it !
                          �€‹Never Mind�€‹ - As mentioned earlier to me this is perfect utilization of auto-tune. Besides that I really love the lyrics and his delivery too, really riding it. no homo
                          �€‹T.O.�€‹ - The track is kinda hard but also kinda weak and the O.T. feature didn't add anything to but makind the acronym longer �€‹Wayne's World�€‹ - I feel like at one point in time there was a track rumoured to be absolutely amazing called 'Wayne's World' if I remember right ? (@martian master) but could be that I am mistaking here. Nevertheless I had this thought in my mind when I saw the title so I was pretty let down ngl especially considering that this is the outro
                          Kinda funny end with the 'aaaand we're out.' at the end tho

So these are my thoughts if anybody minds reading it lol
                          I do want to add that since this is called 'Funeral' and he raps about a lot of rappers being copies of him it kinda makes sense
                          that a lot of popping names aren't seen there and since he basically somehow still manages to give us different sound on all of his projects and this really is just one of many - a great one I yet don't want to put in order with the other top ones- I kinda feel like he will put some of the sounds heard here behind him but could be wrong of course.
                          I really don't care for features but if they did care at least a bit in sales then they
                          might wanted to add at least 2 "big" names. Really should be a given tbh as someone from Waynes calibre there is no reason to
                          have at least two big names when you mind putting people on your album anyway no matter the circumstances

Comment

Working...
                          X