Disrespect of "NEW" WAYNE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disrespect of "NEW" WAYNE

i haven't made a thread in a hot minute but i need to voice my opinion on this

I'm finding it kind of ridiculous the amount of hate i'm seeing on these boards and the internet in regards to Waynes rapping/lyrical ability on C5/D6 and in general seeing these "opinions" got me thinking wtf these people listening to?

Waynes writing ability has matured a DRASTIC amount over the last couple of years are we forgetting where wayne was in 2012/2013? with IANAHB2/DEDICATION 4 Wayne? although yes fans enjoy them the general public most certainly didn't. Wayne has rebirthed from almost career suicide and has provided us with a god damn miracle of a mixtape and a groundbreaking rap album and people are still holding on to DD3/C2 wayne?

im baffled man i get everyone having preferences and enjoying certain eras thats perfectly fine wayne is an incredibly vast/versatile artist after all and we all like different things from dude but to downplay/disregard C5/D6 and to say that wayne isn't bringing his A-GAME or isn't "on" shows to me your either NOT listening or are simply being IGNORANT and a dusty ass old head

What wayne is doing rn is nothing short of a miracle so many dudes from his era are either washed beyond repair or are simply irrelevant and wayne is not only commercially successful but is hitting incredible and interesting PEAKS with his art/writing

heres some of my personal favourite stuff from the last couple years in case some of you may have forgotten and to show some appreciation to a GOAT still going at it:

and my personal favourite and one of the best songs EVER created PERIOD

drop below your favourite songs/moments from last recent years so we can all take a moment to appreciate this victory lap wayne is on

#FREEVELVET

Who do you see hating on Wayne? People on this forum or the public in general?? Cause people praise Wayne all over social media. I don�t really see much lil wayne hate anymore

Comment

Dope Niggaz
      Open Letter
      Vizine
      Big Bad Wolf
      Main Things
      Abracadabra
      Cant Be Broken
      Whole D6R tbh
      Moment etc.

Wayne still the goat when he wants to be.

I hate them thirsty bitches
      Cut them off like circumcision
      -Lil Wayne

Comment

no one on here is disrespecting wayne's music. you dont get stans on here though like why the majority of people on here are not feeling that old town road remix verse

Comment

I believe Wayne could’ve rapped on D6/C5 level in 2012/2013 he just wasn’t motivated enough

Comment

Originally posted by joeycmj View Post
            Who do you see hating on Wayne? People on this forum or the public in general?? Cause people praise Wayne all over social media. I don�t really see much lil wayne hate anymore
            That's what I noticed lately, too. The perception of Wayne has changed drastically over the years. Hurts to say but in 12/13 Wayne was a joke, didn't help that he was dressing like a clown and making these weird faces in most of his pictures. Nowadays everyone is acting like they have been wayne fans for decades and have never doubted his goat status.
            Go to youtube and view any recent wayne feature and the comment section is full of "wayne the goat" "wayne fire emoji" "Who is here for weezy" etc etc. ... he may not be on the very top of the game like he was back in the day but he is respected and appreciated.
            Take the Pusha and Wayne collab, in 2012 everyone would have ridiculed Weezy, no one in their right mind would think that there is even a slight chance that wayne doesn't get stomped. Today this is a happening and everybody is excited for it because no one knows, who outraps who on a pusha weezy collab.
            Wayne is in a good place.

Comment

Yes Zimmie PREACH.

a problem is a lot of this younger generation doesn't respect Wayne. And it's most likely cuz they haven't really listened to him. Really I don't give a fuck. Their problem

Comment

they are sheep, they'll all jump back on the bandwagon unfortunately when wayne passes away

Comment

I don’t spend much time reading comments in this forum but from what I’ve been seeing elsewhere it’s been the opposite. Seems like he’s finally getting the credit he deserves. I’m 26 and he’s been the greatest in my opinion for a long time but my 20 and 13 year old brothers also call him the goat. It’s pretty cool to see my youngest brother and all his junior high friends fuck with him and call him the goat. They’re half my age! Lol

Comment

Welcome back [MENTION=62207]Zimmie[/MENTION]

Comment

Damn bro didnt you get arrested

Comment

weezy's rapping is like wine
                        gets better with time
                        i can understand the arguments about his flow and delivery on certain songs
                        but the majority is fire

Comment

Working...
                        X