• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you agree with this?

This is a post from KTT2 and i think this guy has a point

"Wayne is my #1 goat but.

Bad management.
    Even though I enjoyed getting the scoob do videos and shit, I kept thinking this is so cheap and poorly done. This ain�t how a goat moves.
    Beats
    that string of youtube instrumental mixtapes post 2011 was also just a terribly out of touch move no matter how on-brand it was.
    Back in 2008 I used to think he had an amazing ear for beats. What happened to all the soulful and hard shit. He seems mostly to pick uninspired beats today.
    Appearance wise he has deteriorated in front of our very eyes, not to mention how out of touch with the youth his clothing brand Trukfit was. Wayne�s mainstream likability was based around being young and energetic. He is neither of those things anymore but he doesn�t choose to move like an elder statesman either.

His content is super inconsistent. He is capable of making thought provoking songs and playing with idioms and puns like no one I�ve ever heard. See dedication 6/reloaded But he also gave up the classic New Orleans/Miami Beach best rapper persona for this thrasher skater Mountain Dew with my bras persona that shows ALOT in his music. Even if he�s not literally rapping about skating, the persona change is evident.

Lastly, worst of all, the voice. I can ignore everything as long as he still sounds like himself - which is few and far between these days.

And I�m still excited for Funeral. And that kind of Stan base is why he is still relatively successful."

I think he would be even bigger with a better team yes xx

xxx

Comment

Originally posted by mania983 View Post
      Bad management. Even though I enjoyed getting the scoob do videos and shit, I kept thinking this is so cheap and poorly done. This ain�t how a goat moves.
      His management is fucking garbage and that's not even debatable but the Scoob clips were GOAT. Amateur? Yes, but they gave us great insight into his recording process. Something you never see with rappers on the same level as Wayne.

Beats. That string of youtube instrumental mixtapes post 2011 was also just a terribly out of touch move no matter how on-brand it was. Back in 2008 I used to think he had an amazing ear for beats. What happened to all the soulful and hard shit. He seems mostly to pick uninspired beats today.
      Agreed here, the cheap instrumental remakes have hurt otherwise good projects (looking at you NC2). Important to remember though those were MIXTAPES. His ear for album beats is still good even with the more experimental ones a la IANAHB2 and FWA.

Appearance wise he has deteriorated in front of our very eyes, not to mention how out of touch with the youth his clothing brand Trukfit was. Wayne�s mainstream likability was based around being young and energetic. He is neither of those things anymore but he doesn�t choose to move like an elder statesman either.
      Both facts. Wayne's appearance has worsened over the years but hey that's what drugs and a rockstar lifestyle will do to ya, can't help it. As for Trukfit, I think Wayne realized it was a failure and that's why it was discontinued shortly after his 2012/13 run. He was going through some weird midlife crisis and acted like a manchild a lot during that time so it's best we just forget about that era. He kinda apologized for it as well when he wasn't nominated that year and D5 marked his comeback from that dark pit. He moved on so we should also.

His content is super inconsistent. He is capable of making thought provoking songs and playing with idioms and puns like no one I�ve ever heard. See dedication 6/reloaded. But he also gave up the classic New Orleans/Miami Beach best rapper persona for this thrasher skater Mountain Dew with my bras persona that shows ALOT in his music. Even if he�s not literally rapping about skating, the persona change is evident.
      When you make as much music as Wayne does, there's bound to be some inconsistency, end of story. It's still amazing and a complete testament to his legacy that he's been rapping for 20+ years and still manages to make better music than 90% of the rappers he's up against year after year and also come up with new punchlines. He is the GOAT. As for the switch from the gangster to the skater, that's just Wayne evolving with the times. Rappers don't rep hardcore like that anymore and the focus is now more on who they are personally, not how their hometowns defined them. Furthermore, D6/R is a testament to how that switch hasn't really effected Wayne much either, he spit like a motherfucker on that tape and it's up there with DD3 and D2 for his best mixtape.

Lastly, worst of all, the voice. I can ignore everything as long as he still sounds like himself - which is few and far between these days.
      Most fans agree with this, but at the end of the day half the blame goes to his mixers who half-ass his vocal processing and make it worse. Unfortunately this can't be helped in some situations. At least his voice isn't as ear-numbing as other rappers around right now.

Just my 2 cents on those points
      RawTuneNotACartoon

Comment

Sounds accurate to me

Comment

He is one of the few mainstream rappers who do actual mixtapes still and I think he should keep doing that.

Most rappers now when they drop mixtapes its just an album that may or may not be quality work

His ear for beats is still great. The ones he chooses to remix are great. NC2 just was poor quality instrumentals and way too many features. It honestly would have been good if they fixed that.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Raw Tune Not A Cartoon View Post
          His management is fucking garbage and that's not even debatable
          He needs to have me and a few people on here join his marketing team. Some of yall dont know what GP want tho...
          Don't get too high to look over blessings

Comment

what is ktt2? what happened to ktt1?

Comment

Originally posted by Raw Tune Not A Cartoon View Post
              His management is fucking garbage and that's not even debatable but the Scoob clips were GOAT. Amateur? Yes, but they gave us great insight into his recording process. Something you never see with rappers on the same level as Wayne.
              Bro have you seen Wiz Khalifa's DayToday's?
              That shit was done properly before he was merely as big as Wayne
              Letting friends and leeches handle your stuff when you should hire professionals is a goddamn problem only
              Wayne can made accountable for

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by when_it_snow_im_on_top View Post
              He is one of the few mainstream rappers who do actual mixtapes still and I think he should keep doing that.

Most rappers now when they drop mixtapes its just an album that may or may not be quality work

His ear for beats is still great. The ones he chooses to remix are great. NC2 just was poor quality instrumentals and way too many features. It honestly would have been good if they fixed that.

- - - Updated - - -

He needs to have me and a few people on here join his marketing team. Some of yall dont know what GP want tho...
              Still doing mixtapes might be great but I don't see how that is an counterargument lol

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer View Post
                what is ktt2? what happened to ktt1?
                Ktt2 an improve site better then ktt1 u don�t have to refresh to see new posts it�s live pretty much and ktt1 still there but it�s just only dust heads on there everyone moved to ktt2
                Last edited by Wizzle; 12-13-2019, 08:27 AM.

Comment

I feel that he has more control over his voice than people think. He sounds great on some of the new features. So to the extent his voice sounds bad I agree with the above that its either bad mixing/mastering OR he is purposely experimenting or being pitchy. And that's not deterioration to me...that is him being an eccentric character. I think fame will do that to anyone and also, that you can't be as much of a creative and genius as he is without having a little crazy in you. Comes with the territory, we have to take it. Same for his appearance....I think its partly lifestyle and partly that he is different, he experiments with different things, and doesn't care what anyone thinks. I agree he often looks rough, but I think a lot of that is his choice

On consistency....I think every single person is inconsistent in how they perform day-to-day and its even worse when you have the pressure and craziness of fame. It is not surprising to me in the least that he took an unexpected turn in his career. That happens to normal people all the time, and famous people too. I think if he does not regret it we should not either. I really don't care. His life his choice. I believe he is recently doing and will continue to do amazing things (D6/D6R/C5 and upcoming Funeral), that its amazing in light of what he has been through and that nobody's story is linear. I think he is right where he is supposed to be. And there were aspects of his weird 2012/13 Trukfit era that I enjoyed. He was having fun and I would not begrudge anyone that...its not personally that bothersome to me. He still here, we still have a ton of awesome music. I can live

Comment

long story short - wayne needs a new team around him

Comment

Nothing wrong with Wayne's voice.

He's gotten better and more versatile as a vocalist over time.

Also nothing wrong with him skating. He enjoys it. Can't be mad at somebody for living and doing what they want. As a fan it was cool to see him get better at it over time too.

Comment

Fire Mack Maine, fire Cortez Bryant, fire Marisa Flores and get management advice from JAY Z + Roc Nation.

Comment

Working...
                        X