Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tha Carter 3 was the first thing I heard and I've been hookes ever since

Comment

Probably when i was 10 around when carter 3 came out, i was instantly hooked on wayne and now here we are
      I'm the goat nigga no goatee !!

Comment

Originally posted by DVNIEL View Post
        Tha Carter 3 was the first thing I heard and I've been hookes ever since
        +1 =)

Comment

When he dropped Funeral

Comment

first album i ever made my parents buy me was hotboys when i was 6 years old. the next day my parents took it away lol. i rediscovered him in 08 when carter 3 dropped. all my friends were playing seat down low and n.o. nigga from da drought 3. i heard skys the limit got hooked and dowloaded every mixtape off datpiff i could find and been listening ever since
            young boy what you gunna do the 4th time around.. how you gon come back he try tell em... i come back like 32... i jump back like 33.. c4 =1mil

Comment

c3/rebirth/no ceilings. when i was in highschool i was known throughout the school for being the biggest wayne stan possible. after i heard those 3 albums everything changed for me. wayne was the ONLY artist i would listen to & i basically deleted anyone else from my phone. everytime he'd drop a new song or tape id have kids running up to me "DUDE WHAT DID U THINK DID YOU HEAR IT YET?!?!?!?" shit was insane. rebirth is what turned me into the ultimate fan tho, i must have listened to paradice 1000+ times in one month. miss those days.

Comment

Originally posted by TrukDaWurl77 View Post
                c3/rebirth/no ceilings. when i was in highschool i was known throughout the school for being the biggest wayne stan possible. after i heard those 3 albums everything changed for me. wayne was the ONLY artist i would listen to & i basically deleted anyone else from my phone. everytime he'd drop a new song or tape id have kids running up to me "DUDE WHAT DID U THINK DID YOU HEAR IT YET?!?!?!?" shit was insane. rebirth is what turned me into the ultimate fan tho, i must have listened to paradice 1000+ times in one month. miss those days.
                i noticed how you always praise Rebirth era Wayne, so what's your thoughts on Little Girl Eyes?

Comment

When i was 6 years old my older cousin who was 12 at the time would always be bumping no limit and cash money tapes & CD's. I'd be at his house everyday chilling in his room playing ps1 and doing press ups while listening to all this music. Wayne was in Hot Boyz at the time and I guess i resonated with him the most in the group because he was the youngest and closest to my age, i was 6 and he was 16.. And even then I found his style and voice was so unique.

He's been my favourite rapper ever since. I'm 27 now.

Being there for his whole run up from Hot Boyz days has been crazy to witness.. I don't think I'd appreciate him the same if i only jumped on his music when he was in his prime.. Being there for the build in the late 1990's and early 2000's made his prime era 100x more crazy as I slowly watched him take over the world, musically. C3 dropped 10 years later when I was 16, and I still remember where I was, what I was wearing and how I felt when I first listened downloaded it on Limewire after it leaked like a week before (i bought the CD when it came out)

But yeah, he's been my idol since I was 6 man.

Comment

Originally posted by mania983 View Post
                    i noticed how you always praise Rebirth era Wayne, so what's your thoughts on Little Girl Eyes?
                    dude i can’t even explain to you what that song makes me feel. if wayne made every song sound exactly like that i would never complain again. his voice / autotune is absolutely PERFECT i can literally feel the emotions he’s portraying. i don’t feel any of that in his new music and i think that’s what i miss the most. the fact that that song wasn’t on rebirth is an actual sin.

Comment

I always knew of Wayne as the high pitch rapper in the Hot Boys. The first tracks that I actually heard him in were probably Hardball from the movie soundtrack, For My off of Nelly's Country Grammar, and tracks like Bling Bling and Back that Ass up.

Go DJ is the first track where I actually liked a track because of Wayne himself, but I still didn't go out of my way to check him out.

That lead right into trading burned CDs with friends and I started to come across tracks from Suffix, Lil Weezyana, Dedication, D2, CII, Drought 3, and Wayne earned his spot as my favorite rapper. It's insane that all those projects were in like a 2 year span + all the leaks!

Comment

I always heard Back That Azz Up for as long as I can remember but didn't know Wayne was in it lol

Back in '07 I was 12/13 years old at the time and I heard my cousin play I Feel Like Dying and I was feelin it. From there I heard that song everywhere low key till the end of '09. Then I heard all the singles from Tha Carter III (Lollipop, Mrs. Officer, A Milli) and fucked wit it in '08/'09. That when I thought he was coo. Anything after '09 tho I wasn't feelin. Up to this day it still don't resonate with me much. I like his old stuff better. I mean Rich As Fuck was coo.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Kev. View Post
                        I always heard Back That Azz Up for as long as I can remember but didn't know Wayne was in it lol

Back in '07 I was 12/13 years old at the time and I heard my cousin play I Feel Like Dying and I was feelin it. From there I heard that song everywhere low key till the end of '09. Then I heard all the singles from Tha Carter III (Lollipop, Mrs. Officer, A Milli) and fucked wit it in '08/'09. That when I thought he was coo. Anything after '09 tho I wasn't feelin. Up to this day it still don't resonate with me much. I like his old stuff better. I mean Rich As Fuck was coo.
                        Oh yea, I forgot I heard I'm Me around '07/'08. Shit went hard af

Comment

Working...
                        X