Not to be sappy, but I'm curious bout y'all's beginnings as a Wayne fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not to be sappy, but I'm curious bout y'all's beginnings as a Wayne fan

When did you establish Weezy as one your favourite artists? What song/album/mixtape really made you respect him, etc.

For me I actually started listening to him after finding him featured on so many other artists music lmao. He always be having one of the best verses and his voice/flow, to me, would set him apart from the other artist(s) on the song.

He easily became one of the best to me after I binged his mixtapes.

first artist i stanned was Sean Kingston

I knew who Wayne was but I wasn't big-big on him

then i heard "War" (weird place to start I know)

now I spent my whole teenage years on this forum

Comment

I was in 4th grade when I first heard Sky is The Limit and had it on repeat. By the time I was in 6th grade he dropped C3 and EVERYONE wanted to learn A Milli and I’ve been a stan since. I’m 22 now and still the biggest Wayne fan I know lol

my brother also used to put me on his pre-C3 stuff. I vividly remember him showing me the song that goes like “welcome to hell, I let em burn” anybody know what that song is btw?

Comment

Originally posted by Blu View Post
        I was in 4th grade when I first heard Sky is The Limit and had it on repeat. By the time I was in 6th grade he dropped C3 and EVERYONE wanted to learn A Milli and I’ve been a stan since. I’m 22 now and still the biggest Wayne fan I know lol

my brother also used to put me on his pre-C3 stuff. I vividly remember him showing me the song that goes like “welcome to hell, I let em burn” anybody know what that song is btw?

mama told me dont play with em choppers i never learn

Comment

Originally posted by martian master View Post
          mama told me dont play with em choppers i never learn

Classic Weezy!

Comment

Originally posted by martian master View Post
            then i heard "War" (weird place to start I know)
            That's an amazing place to start xD and you posted the video too so that's another Wayne feature for my playlist, thnx dude

Comment

Believe me, I bought the PS2 game MidghtClub 3, I fell in love with the songs, Go Dj and Shyne On were my favorite (this at the end of 2007) so came C3 and decided to research Wayne, I became stan

Comment

I started listening to Wayne in 1999. At that time he was just another rapper to me. Then I heard Where You At from 500 Degreez made me start paying more attention to him but what really got me into him as my favorite artist was when Tha Carter 1 came I liked Go DJ and all it was a dope single. But BM JR was the song that made Wayne my favorite rapper.
                #FreeColleGrove2

Comment

Everything about that Carter 3.

Dear Mr. ImTooGoodToDropAnAlbum

Comment

A milli. And the other carter 3 singles. I was around 10 when they dropped. I also heard of him thru features. he always stood out on other people’s songs and sounded better.

- - - Updated - - -

But I didnt start stanning him until I heard his mixtapes. Which was like 2013. I have no idea why I did but I remember listening to the first two Carter’s then dedication 2 and started stanning. He always sounded cool. Especially when I was younger.
                    Last edited by jhoya101; 01-15-2020, 03:44 PM.

Comment

first song i heard was Lollipop and i was in complete awe of it it was so different to everyone else in that time waynes voice was alien and infectious i was to young to understand half the shi he was saying i just heard this alien spacey ass sound it was an energy i just gravitated to

i then fell down the bootleg mixtapes hole thinking they were all official projects which is where i discovered C3 SESSIONS which to this day is my favourite music OAT

used to spend entire weekends just on the computer finding wayne songs and C3 SESSIONS tracks or watching tha carter documentary or features or music videos literally anything wayne i used to spend literal hours purely dedicated to waynes music haha thats when it became an addiction one that i can say im still with up till this date

#FREEVELVET

Comment

Originally posted by FreeCV View Post
                        Everything about that Carter 3.
                        Factsss

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Zimmie View Post
                        used to spend entire weekends just on the computer finding wayne songs and C3 SESSIONS tracks or watching tha carter documentary or features or music videos literally anything wayne i used to spend literal hours purely dedicated to waynes music haha thats when it became an addiction one that i can say im still with up till this date
                        Bruh same here and I got no regrets

Comment

Working...
                        X