Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Wayne better lyrically this past few years than he was in his prime?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Wayne better lyrically this past few years than he was in his prime?

I'm talking only lyrically - metaphors, wordplay, rhyme schemes etc. not flow, swag, delivery, voice

For example - does Dedication 6/Reloaded have better wordplay and rhyme schemes than Da Drought 3?

Lyrically he's better now imo

but his delievery, cadence and flow have regressed

Comment

Hard to say. His lines back in the day had more umph to the them. Like really made me say dang and he seemed more slick
      with his words. Might have been the delivery but lyrically now I’m like dang he killed it as a whole

Comment

The issue with Wayne is that he had a lot of mid features in 2006/early 2007. I'd say he's more consistent now but his verses on D2, LFLS, LWA Vol. 1 give 06 the edge. Otherwise it's not close in terms of favoring 2007 and 2008

Comment

If I were to prove to someone he�s lyrical im
          showin d6 stuff. But if I�m showin them weezy his old stuff. Like he�s maybe note intricate now but his creativity and all around talent was more on display in his prime. But idk if he could have made a fly away verse back then

- - - Updated - - -

But honestly he don’t even rap like tht no more. In d2 era it was words and slick one liners but it was about the technician/sound of the flow and scheme. So he wasn’t as wordy back then but it sounded better just due to the delivery, scheme, and flow. Now he’s so into words he’s probably going over our heads at times. He still a technician but the way he was rappin on lilweezyana/dedication 2/ some of blow it was about the schemes. He just had better rhymes schemes then everyone back then.

but lyrically he can chop it up to the max now. Like he was a better rapper back then but he’s truly untouchable lyrically now. As far as full verses.

but everything aside 2013-2015 is the best combination of both. The impact of the words and the flow and delivery with also the mastered technique

like you song is mastery. Or cream

- - - Updated - - -

Sht to sum it up idk if he was a better lyricist back then but he was more impactful

like compare a turnin me on, or official girl to a yuso. He was more
          impactful bar for bar back then

more enjoyable lyrically to me. As far as humor and what not which once again may have been impacted by delivery

Comment

Originally posted by jhoya101 View Post
            If I were to prove to someone he’s lyrical im
            showin d6 stuff. But if I’m showin them weezy his old stuff. Like he’s maybe note intricate now but his creativity and all around talent was more on display in his prime. But idk if he could have made a fly away verse back then

- - - Updated - - -

But honestly he don’t even rap like tht no more. In d2 era it was words and slick one liners but it was about the technician/sound of the flow and scheme. So he wasn’t as wordy back then but it sounded better just due to the delivery, scheme, and flow. Now he’s so into words he’s probably going over our heads at times. He still a technician but the way he was rappin on lilweezyana/dedication 2/ some of blow it was about the schemes. He just had better rhymes schemes then everyone back then.

but lyrically he can chop it up to the max now. Like he was a better rapper back then but he’s truly untouchable lyrically now. As far as full verses.

but everything aside 2013-2015 is the best combination of both. The impact of the words and the flow and delivery with also the mastered technique

like you song is mastery. Or cream

- - - Updated - - -

Sht to sum it up idk if he was a better lyricist back then but he was more impactful

like compare a turnin me on, or official girl to a yuso. He was more
            impactful bar for bar back then

more enjoyable lyrically to me. As far as humor and what not which once again may have been impacted by delivery
            His delivery played a big role back then, just listen to Like Father Like Son(the song) and listen to the way he raps and says certain words, it's a joy to listen to

Comment

Tht feeling of like magic listening to Wayne was in his flow back then. U didn’t even have to hear the words to fuck with it. They’re hard to compare to be honest

Comment

Originally posted by jsharma17 View Post
                The issue with Wayne is that he had a lot of mid features in 2006/early 2007. I'd say he's more consistent now but his verses on D2, LFLS, LWA Vol. 1 give 06 the edge. Otherwise it's not close in terms of favoring 2007 and 2008
                which features do you think are mid?

Comment

Originally posted by mania983 View Post
                  His delivery played a big role back then, just listen to Like Father Like Son(the song) and listen to the way he raps and says certain words, it's a joy to listen to
                  exactly. His whole delivery was crazy and u could tell he focused on it more. And ur right like the way he says some words.

Comment

Lyrically - yes.

Delivery - no.

Comment

Originally posted by jhoya101 View Post
                      exactly. His whole delivery was crazy and u could tell he focused on it more. And ur right like the way he says some words.
                      i wonder what you think about Wayne's verse in this song?

This is a example of Wayne relying just on flow and delivery and i really love his verse but Luda had the better verse here

Comment

Originally posted by mania983 View Post
                        i wonder what you think about Wayne's verse in this song?

This is a example of Wayne relying just on flow and delivery and i really love his verse but Luda had the better verse here
                        his delivery and flow is crazy

Comment

Working...
                        X