Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Wayne better lyrically this past few years than he was in his prime?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mania983 View Post
    which features do you think are mid?
    The feature on the Big Block/Bad Boy South Tape, The feature on Jody Breeze's freestyle over Mic Check, Lil Daddy remix, Clear Da Scene, Gangsta Boyz, Ride Wit Them Thangs

He has classic features too but

Comment

Originally posted by jsharma17 View Post
      The feature on the Big Block/Bad Boy South Tape, The feature on Jody Breeze's freestyle over Mic Check, Lil Daddy remix, Clear Da Scene, Gangsta Boyz, Ride Wit Them Thangs

He has classic features too but
      Gangsta Boyz? Nah man, that's a classic Wayne verse imo

Comment

I'm talking only lyrically - metaphors, wordplay, rhyme schemes etc. not flow, swag, delivery, voice

For example - does Dedication 6/Reloaded have better wordplay and rhyme schemes than Da Drought 3?
        You�re wrong ..........
        this is a reach .........

Comment

how any of you can say wayne is better lyrically now is absolutely beyond me. watch my shoes is literally better lyrically than anything he’s come out with in the last 5 years. he’s just rambling nonsense now as fast as he possibly can & it sounds like a giant mess. back in the day my boys and i would WHYLE at the shit he would come up with. now we just sit there wondering what the fuck he’s even trying to say. no comparison to the old wayne whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by TrukDaWurl77 View Post
            how any of you can say wayne is better lyrically now is absolutely beyond me. watch my shoes is literally better lyrically than anything he’s come out with in the last 5 years. he’s just rambling nonsense now as fast as he possibly can & it sounds like a giant mess. back in the day my boys and i would WHYLE at the shit he would come up with. now we just sit there wondering what the fuck he’s even trying to say. no comparison to the old wayne whatsoever.
            Didn’t mean to hit Thanks...

I think he’s “lyrically” better in the sense he can make more words rhyme, however, I think his charisma and creativeness have decreased.

Comment

Originally posted by BrewCityYM View Post
              You’re wrong ..........
              this is a reach .........
              i'm asking a question lol i'm not stating anything

Comment

I do think DD3 was a lot stronger lyrically then D6 but its a lot less superior in terms of pure song writing and rhyme schemes and such

#FREEVELVET

Comment

For example - does Dedication 6/Reloaded have better wordplay and rhyme schemes than Da Drought 3?
                  yes it is but it doesnt always work because i will always play DD3 over D6

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer View Post
                    yes it is but it doesnt always work because i will always play DD3 over D6
                    Well yeah, DD3 has insane replay value, you can play songs from it on any day

Comment

ehhh hard question

some songs yes and some songs no

Comment

He got better like fine wine

Comment

Originally posted by martian master View Post
                          Lyrically he's better now imo

but his delievery, cadence and flow have regressed

Comment

Working...
                          X