No announcement yet.

Will Wayne ever drop a 4:44 type album?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

C5 is his 4:44 type album. If you actually listen to the words all of the songs have meaning
    Don't get too high to look over blessings

Comment

Originally posted by when_it_snow_im_on_top View Post
      C5 is his 4:44 type album. If you actually listen to the words all of the songs have meaning
      But as far as maturity and mature beats

Comment

Mhmm while I'd love for this to happen, highly doubt it actually will. Like others have mentioned, wayne's team and wayne himself seems to have no desire to go in that direction of pure rapping/rapping on mature beats. I agree that C5 is probably the closest we'll get.

I do have hope though, that wayne will drop a 4:44 type of mixtape, or just an insane mixtape that'll take us back to prime weezy days. He's always excelled with his mixtapes. No one can top him in that game

Comment

you know what's funny. wayne was more mature back in the c3/rebirth days. shit even c4 was more along the 'mature' lines. ianahb2 tiptoed on the line and then everything after that has been a mess since. he just doesnt sound "put together" anymore its like a jumbled mess on every album & mixtape. he needs to chill with whatever drugs hes doing cuz it is absolutely frying his brain & you can literally hear that in his new music.

Comment

Originally posted by jhoya101 View Post
            But as far as maturity and mature beats
            C5

Comment

Originally posted by TrukDaWurl77 View Post
              you know what's funny. wayne was more mature back in the c3/rebirth days. shit even c4 was more along the 'mature' lines. ianahb2 tiptoed on the line and then everything after that has been a mess since. he just doesnt sound "put together" anymore its like a jumbled mess on every album & mixtape. he needs to chill with whatever drugs hes doing cuz it is absolutely frying his brain & you can literally hear that in his new music.
              Dedication 2, Carter II, and CIII (DIO2 Leaks) era are the most 'mature' Wayne has ever been. CV was also getting back to that formula, and there are always a track or 2 on each project that would fit....
              CIV and IANAHBII are in the most immature lyrically that wayne has ever been but still have a few great ones
              Last edited by BrewCitySQ; 08-03-2020, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BrewCitySQ View Post
                Dedication 2, Carter II, and CIII (DIO2 Leaks) era are the most 'mature' Wayne has ever been. CV was also getting back to that formula, and there are always a track or 2 on each project that would fit....
                CIV and IANAHBII are in the most immature lyrically that wayne has ever been but still have a few great ones
                And carter ii sessions. That’s grown man music

Comment

i agree fam... but also C5 had a lot of filler as well as i mentioned in OP basically FWA AND C5 were steps in the right direction

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by TrukDaWurl77 View Post
                  i dont agree with that for C5/FWA but FUNERAL definitely were waynes lack of focus stuck out like a sore thumb haha

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by lilwayne-carter View Post
                  @Zimmie it seems like collegrove 2 might be what you need lol
                  honestly fam... haha them snippets are so good i play them all the time like they real songs
                  the production, waynes voice, the bars, flow everything is PERFECTLY what i envision for wayne
                  i hope so god that album dont get shelved

#FREEVELVET

Comment

Originally posted by Zimmie View Post
                    i agree fam... but also C5 had a lot of filler as well as i mentioned in OP basically FWA AND C5 were steps in the right direction
                    I dont think we will ever get an album where everyone likes all the songs tbh.

C5 one persons bottom 5 is someone elses top 5. I saw one person say they hate DSOTM but that was another persons favorite song etc.
                    Then Funeral everyone for the most part had the same top 5.

Thinking more into it C5 was wayne talking about his relationship with himself, God, and others. I think he did that on every song.

But 4:44 jayz talks about more than just himself. I dont think wayne will ever do that on an entire album. Does he really have any songs like this? I know he talked about katrina and kobe but thats really it i think

Comment

I dont think we will ever get an album where everyone likes all the songs tbh.

C5 one persons bottom 5 is someone elses top 5. I saw one person say they hate DSOTM but that was another persons favorite song etc.
                      Then Funeral everyone for the most part had the same top 5.

Thinking more into it C5 was wayne talking about his relationship with himself, God, and others. I think he did that on every song.

But 4:44 jayz talks about more than just himself. I dont think wayne will ever do that on an entire album. Does he really have any songs like this? I know he talked about katrina and kobe but thats really it i think

i agree fam id say that universally c5 WAS pretty well received wayne fans just super picky cause they cant let go of the past but C5 was a great album through and through with or without anyones personal preferences numbers don't like both critical reception and the initial fan reaction

and as i said in OP fam i wouldnt want wayne to make a CLONE OF 4:44 what i meant by that is just rap mature about grown shi on grown beats like jay did i gave examples in OP of what im thinking of in particular

#FREEVELVET

Comment

Originally posted by Zimmie View Post
                        what i meant by that is just rap mature about grown shi on grown beats like jay did i gave examples in OP of what im thinking of in particular
                        What are mature beats then? boring beats lmao? no whip bangers haha. I would not want that lol

Comment

What are mature beats then? boring beats lmao? no whip bangers haha. I would not want that lol
                          the beats in the snippets i posted pre much haha

i donno why u saying that a song like hOLLYWEEZY hits harder then literally everything on Funeral and that is what i mean by mature ish trakc

#FREEVELVET

Comment

Working...
                          X