Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better project? Dedication 5 vs Carter V (Original and final)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better project? Dedication 5 vs Carter V (Original and final)

(Spoiler - not bashing C5)

Dedication 5 came in the middle of the original "C5 sessions" and The way he was rapping on the mixtape was just incredible. I'd argue it's the best he's rapped in years, but FWA had some incredible song structure and felt like a much more complete project. Anyways, C5 (original and final) vs Dedication 5? Who you got?

Dedication 5 for me, Hot take... It's the best Dedication too. Beat selection A+ - Lyrics A+ and Creativity was on point too..

Most importantly he sounds like himself, the rapping voice is great, This is the last project where he had his confidence and his IANAHB1/Carter 4 flow. What a time to be alive..

I've most likely been the least happy about C5 as a whole since it's dropped, but I do respect it's legacy and everything that happened. I did like about 5 songs on the album (More than I liked on Funeral (1 song) This question is for those of you who really like C5, not a thread to bash the album at all.
    Last edited by danielnfl36; 05-13-2021, 04:40 AM.

D5 > 2014 c5
    2018 c5> 2018

#FREEVELVET

Comment

Guddaville

Comment

lol dedication 5 is the worst mixtape in the dedication series

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer View Post
          LMAO...Uhhhhhh....no it's definitely not...
          #FreeColleGrove2

Comment

Originally posted by President Carter View Post
            LMAO...Uhhhhhh....no it's definitely not...
            I know this is a super unpopular opinion... and I'm not saying it to get reactions, but I didn't like D6 or D6R. I also don't like D1 or D2. I know this statement kills any credibility I may have with some people, but I just don't vibe with those projects like that. I don't listen to them, at all. I know a lot of people hate on Dedication 4, but I like it a lot. Dedication 3 is my number 2. Dedication 5 is my favorite of the series. I'd rank 6/6r as the worst though. again, unpopular opinion most likely.

Comment

weezy's rapping on these songs is 10/10

Comment

Originally posted by danielnfl36 View Post
                I know this is a super unpopular opinion... and I'm not saying it to get reactions, but I didn't like D6 or D6R. I also don't like D1 or D2. I know this statement kills any credibility I may have with some people, but I just don't vibe with those projects like that. I don't listen to them, at all. I know a lot of people hate on Dedication 4, but I like it a lot. Dedication 3 is my number 2. Dedication 5 is my favorite of the series. I'd rank 6/6r as the worst though. again, unpopular opinion most likely.
                Woah

Comment

dedication 3 exists

I hate them thirsty bitches
                  Cut them off like circumcision
                  -Lil Wayne

Comment

i don't think you can and i dont think its fair to compare an album to a mixtape

wayne has said a million times he attacks his albums differently than his tapes

Comment

nah, it's definitely between D3 & D4

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by lilwayne-carter View Post
                      i don't think you can and i dont think its fair to compare an album to a mixtape

wayne has said a million times he attacks his albums differently than his tapes
                      His mixtape discog is better than his album discog tho... atleast imo it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Shake View Post
                        Woah
                        I don't like most of the beats on D1/2/6/6R to be fair. so that's a knock. the way he rapped / sounds on D6/6R including his tactic of stealing everyone else's flows kill those for me. The higher pitch voice, the autotune settings, and whatnot just aren't for me personally. Again though, that's just me. I know some people will say it's the best of the series, and they're entitled to of course. It's just different music tastes.

Comment

Working...
                        X