The Carti Effect Vs Wayne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zimmie View Post
    obviously i used that clip as a clear example of the flow being used wasnt directly related to the song itself
    its not obvious if someone doesnt listen to playboi carti

Comment

i think you will find it was ice jj fish who first began this "style"

Comment

Originally posted by Zimmie View Post
        the Carti effect is basically the influence Carti has had on the industry since WLR/Die Lit in which we have seen a bunch of artists attempting a 'baby voice' type flow

Cartis flow:

example of other artist doing a poor imitation of it:

Wayne did a few carti beats namely wokeuplikethis = Back to SLEEP + Magnolia and shortly after
        Wayne like many other artists fell victim to thinking they could imitate his flow which resulted in these train wrecks

so carti possibly influenced a few weezy verses??
        while weezy influenced every new rapper today lol??
        i'm not quite sure where you are trying to go with this??

Comment

Carti is Wayne’s grandson through young thug

Comment

What about Wayne influencing a whole generation of rappers? LMAO hater

Comment

Originally posted by back on my bullish*t View Post
              so carti possibly influenced a few weezy verses??
              while weezy influenced every new rapper today lol??
              i'm not quite sure where you are trying to go with this??
              im saying that wayne needs to stop doing new age flows cause they suck and we cop songs liek thug life which is pure trash

Originally posted by Blu View Post
              Carti is Wayne’s grandson through young thug
              we know but this doesn't matter to what im saying here

Originally posted by Skankhunt42 View Post
              What about Wayne influencing a whole generation of rappers? LMAO hater
              okay? no ones denying that im simply sayin gthat thug life is one of the worst songs ever made in music history and its becasue wayne is imitating carti like post malone did as well who also made a trashs ong

#FREEVELVET

Comment

I'm angry Thug Life got a music video while Mona Lisa didn't =/

Comment

the baby voices on donda were dope and I don�t really like baby voices lol.

Comment

Post Malone had no baby voice in that song lol
                    dude Picked out a couple of examples to his point but none of them are Even similar
                    reach

I hate them thirsty bitches
                    Cut them off like circumcision
                    -Lil Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by lilweezyfan View Post
                      Post Malone had no baby voice in that song lol
                      dude Picked out a couple of examples to his point but none of them are Even similar
                      reach
                      you dont know what your talking about if you cant hear the carti influence in post malones song you guys are out of touch without realising

- - - Updated - - -

time and time again people come on here and try say im reaching or whatever else and my points get proven right everytime and you all go silent

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by YMCMB357 View Post
                      I'm angry Thug Life got a music video while Mona Lisa didn't =/
                      shouldnt be that surprising MONA LISA video would take an actual budget/effort
                      thug life they just shot in a skatepark for the 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000s time

#FREEVELVET

Comment

It�s still completely different styles though lol like I don�t understand the comparison? The high pitch voice? Lol Wayne voice been high pitch af since right before jail and a lot higher after

Comment

Originally posted by lilwayneFAN6721 View Post
                          It’s still completely different styles though lol like I don’t understand the comparison? The high pitch voice? Lol Wayne voice been high pitch af since right before jail and a lot higher after
                          Oh okay so wayne just miraculously decided to make screeching garbage out of thin air/his own whim.it wasn't influenced Nat all by anything he simply woke up and decided that what he'll make today right

#FREEVELVET

Comment

Working...
                          X