Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Rapper Period or Best Rapper Alive???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best Rapper Period or Best Rapper Alive???

Originally posted by ngoogs
    Originally posted by Tuneche
    BEST MUSICIAN EVER. End Of Story.

Or Atleast He's Up There Top 10. Thats The End Of The Story.
    as soon as he starts making the actual music (beats) then maybe you can put him in that category.. he'd still lose, though. And no, playing shitty, simplistic guitar riffs on random songs doesn't count. I don't even think you can call him the best rapper alive in a non-gimmicky way... so, no. Tupac is still and forever shall be the greatest rapper alive.
    i agree on 90 %.
    tupac is still the best
    but I'm not saying forever because wayne is still here and he could improve a lot
    as soon as wayne spits more true life shit he may come closer to Tupac (R.I.P) and MAY even grow better

This ain't how i was born
    But this is how i live.
    So that's how i'll die And do not close my eyes.
    'Cause when you see me in ther casket I'mma look right back at ya.
    http://twitter.com/JMBhigh

Comment

Originally posted by bliss47
      Wayne = Best Rapper Period in my opinion

B.I.G and Pac could tell stories but the technical ability they had is below Wayne, not to mention the time put in to their music compared to Wayne

Dude Tupac had equal or greater work ethic than Wayne... The GOAT released HOW MANY posthumous albums? My point exactly.
      You're kidding right lol
      Wayne is a machine he doesn't stop, Pac doesn't even scratch the surface compared to how hard Wayne works

Comment

B.I.G and Pac could tell stories but the technical ability they had is below Wayne, not to mention the time put in to their music compared to Wayne

Dude Tupac had equal or greater work ethic than Wayne... The GOAT released HOW MANY posthumous albums? My point exactly.
        You're kidding right lol
        Wayne is a machine he doesn't stop, Pac doesn't even scratch the surface compared to how hard Wayne works
        You must be kidding. Or 12.

Also, Wayne does record a lot of mixtape songs... but what do they MEAN? Tupac had a message and an entire generation hung on his every word like a general. smh... culture yourself, kiddo.

Oh... right... Wayne had a lot of money and has tons of sex and sips cough syrup and smokes weed and he's a "blood." That's inspirational and has a lot of depth!
        I'm an aspiring rapper. Check out my three free albums over at http://www.ngoogs.com/

Comment

You're kidding right lol

Also, Wayne does record a lot of mixtape songs... but what do they MEAN? Tupac had a message and an entire generation hung on his every word like a general. smh... culture yourself, kiddo.

Oh... right... Wayne had a lot of money and has tons of sex and sips cough syrup and smokes weed and he's a "blood." That's inspirational and has a lot of depth!

He speaks the truth 2pac was a symbol of that generation it was crazy nothing compared to how Wayne is atm.

Comment

Lil wayne sings about 2pac in 30 minutes to NO
            "And im gonna come through in something so cherry im sittin' on pirellis, pumping machiavelli(2pac)
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8Y9-JlSRXw
            RIP TUPAC

Comment

Originally posted by viv1d

You're kidding right lol

He speaks the truth 2pac was a symbol of that generation it was crazy nothing compared to how Wayne is atm.

c'mon man. Weezy is the "mainstream" pop-icon rapper... PAc is undeniable.. a great mix of underground music with mainstream success... Wayne has, if you'll allow me to use this term, "sold out." A lot of people on the underground can't stand Wayne. Pre-CIII Wayne was solids... then he started Autotuning and went downhill. tha Carter/ tha Carter II were amazing.. CIII was okay, definitely solid but not comparable to the other two Carters

Also, Pac never bragged about how great he was. When you say that you're the best rapper alive, that's just a gimmicky thing to do to get people talking about it. You should let your work speak for you... nobody was talking about wayne as the best alive until he himself was talking about himself has the best alive. Look at Em, Common, Nas... none of them brag about how they're the "Best rapper alive," but yet, in my opinion, they are better rappers than Wayne. Wayne's fun to listen to, but those guys have talent and lyrical depth.. shiiit Em is the best rapper alive and definitely top 5 all-time...
              I'm an aspiring rapper. Check out my three free albums over at http://www.ngoogs.com/

Comment

i don't know ..really
                cuz I never listened to Tupac , and i think i just heard 1 song from him so i can't tell...
                but since i don't know Tupac that much i'd say Best rapper period.

Comment

[quote=ngoogs]
                  Originally posted by "bliss47":1hwh0klf

You're kidding right lol

c'mon man. Weezy is the "mainstream" pop-icon rapper... PAc is undeniable.. a great mix of underground music with mainstream success... Wayne has, if you'll allow me to use this term, "sold out." A lot of people on the underground can't stand Wayne. Pre-CIII Wayne was solids... then he started Autotuning and went downhill. tha Carter/ tha Carter II were amazing.. CIII was okay, definitely solid but not comparable to the other two Carters[/quote:1hwh0klf]

Someone say it. Lil' Wayne has a huge work ethic but he got most of that from pac. Pac was the first person to start sleepin' in the studio, being in the studio from morning til the next morning in for weeks. Only difference between wayne and pac was that pac wasn't all over the TV doin' interviews, videos, and stuff. He did videos but the number of official interviews pac had can be counted on two maybe three hands.

Doin' what the fuck I want, Hate me all the fuck you want. Real niggas fuck wit' me and I don't give a fuck who don't.

Comment

[quote=ngoogs]
                    Originally posted by "bliss47":loylquhl

You're kidding right lol

c'mon man. Weezy is the "mainstream" pop-icon rapper... PAc is undeniable.. a great mix of underground music with mainstream success... Wayne has, if you'll allow me to use this term, "sold out." A lot of people on the underground can't stand Wayne. Pre-CIII Wayne was solids... then he started Autotuning and went downhill. tha Carter/ tha Carter II were amazing.. CIII was okay, definitely solid but not comparable to the other two Carters

Also, Pac never bragged about how great he was. When you say that you're the best rapper alive, that's just a gimmicky thing to do to get people talking about it. You should let your work speak for you... nobody was talking about wayne as the best alive until he himself was talking about himself has the best alive. Look at Em, Common, Nas... none of them brag about how they're the "Best rapper alive," but yet, in my opinion, they are better rappers than Wayne. Wayne's fun to listen to, but those guys have talent and lyrical depth.. shiiit Em is the best rapper alive and definitely top 5 all-time...[/quote:loylquhl]

Nas is the shit i love him Hip hop is dead is one of the greatest songs of all time

Comment

Originally posted by JMB
                      Originally posted by Tuneche
                      BEST MUSICIAN EVER. End Of Story.

Or Atleast He's Up There Top 10. Thats The End Of The Story.
                      as soon as he starts making the actual music (beats) then maybe you can put him in that category.. he'd still lose, though. And no, playing shitty, simplistic guitar riffs on random songs doesn't count. I don't even think you can call him the best rapper alive in a non-gimmicky way... so, no. Tupac is still and forever shall be the greatest rapper alive.
                      i agree on 90 %.
                      tupac is still the best
                      but I'm not saying forever because wayne is still here and he could improve a lot
                      as soon as wayne spits more true life shit he may come closer to Tupac (R.I.P) and MAY even grow better
                      I mean i've seen crazier things... but I hope this prison sentence gives wayne a different outlook on life!! I still think Eminem has the best chance (like .05%) out of anybody alive right now to be better than 'Pac... I still think it's unlikely but we'll see what Relapse 2 and the future bring... i still think its very improbable for anybody in the game right now to have a better legacy that Tupac Shakur did!

R.I.P.? haha

Comment

Nas is the shit i love him Hip hop is dead is one of the greatest songs of all time

Illmatic, I think, is the single greatest rap album to have ever been released. And he was 19 when he did it... wowzers!!!

Comment

[quote=ThaKidB][quote=ngoogs]
                          Originally posted by "ngoogs":ni4tup8i
                          Originally posted by "bliss47":ni4tup8i

You're kidding right lol

c'mon man. Weezy is the "mainstream" pop-icon rapper... PAc is undeniable.. a great mix of underground music with mainstream success... Wayne has, if you'll allow me to use this term, "sold out." A lot of people on the underground can't stand Wayne. Pre-CIII Wayne was solids... then he started Autotuning and went downhill. tha Carter/ tha Carter II were amazing.. CIII was okay, definitely solid but not comparable to the other two Carters[/quote:ni4tup8i]

Someone say it. Lil' Wayne has a huge work ethic but he got most of that from pac. Pac was the first person to start sleepin' in the studio, being in the studio from morning til the next morning in for weeks. Only difference between wayne and pac was that pac wasn't all over the TV doin' interviews, videos, and stuff. He did videos but the number of official interviews pac had can be counted on two maybe three hands.[/quote:ni4tup8i]

Exactly! Tupac did he thing, he didn't care because it wasn't important to him. He made his music and if people felt it then whatever.. he did it for him.

Wayne.. I'm not saying he doesn't love the game because he obviously does. But he has honestly "sold out" in the regard that he almost NEEDS the money, the spotlight, the fame and everything that comes with it.. he loves that shit just as much as he loves rapping. Pac could do without it, he was actually from the streets and didn't have to pretend to be a thug.

Comment

Working...
                          X