50 Cent To Take In Jay-Z On September 11Th Soundscale Battle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50 Cent To Take In Jay-Z On September 11Th Soundscale Battle

50 Cent is reportedly set to release his new album Before I Self Destruct on the same day as Jay-Z's highly anticipated Blueprint 3.

A G-Unit insider allegedly leaked Fif's plan to take on Jigga this fall.

If reports are accurate, the Roc Nation President can expect a future SoundScan ambush from fellow East Coast rapper, 50 Cent. According to reports, Fif plans to drop his fourth album Before I Self Destruct on the same day as Jay's highly anticipated Blueprint 3. (YoRaps)

Jay recently told DJ Drama his forthcoming solo project was nearly complete.

"Yeah, pretty much [it's done]," Jay revealed. "You know I still tweak it. I made 'PSA' was the last record I made on The Black Album and 'Give It To Me' was the last record I made on Dynasty. So, I'm always open to recording new records. It's pretty much done, it could go out the door right now. September 11th, the first date, it's the anniversary of the original one, of course it's a tragedy as well so we're going to be doing a lot of great things with charities and everything." (Hot 107.9)

Jay-Z recently knocked 50 Cent from the number 1 spot on the Forbes' annual Hip-Hop Cash Kings List.

Hova raked in a reported $35 million starting in June 2008, from touring and other business ventures. Although his earnings were down substantially from last year's $85 million, he still managed to edge out fellow mogul Sean "Diddy" Combs, who came in at No. 2, with $30 million. Third place went to Kanye West with a respectable $25 million, earned through profits from his '808's and Heartbreaks' album and 'Glow In The Dark' tour. 50 Cent landed at No. 4 with approximately $20 million, a steep drop from $100 million in 2007. (The Boom Box)

Shortly after the list dropped, Fif shared his reaction.

"I'm on deck," 50 said in an interview. "I'm loaded. Call me 'four' this year, and then you call me 'one' next year, because I'm really preparing for my cycle. They're fine...What kind of person would be upset at what position they fall when they're on the Forbes list. That person would be a complete idiot. Ask me to show you a person who's happy, and I'll show you someone who's content. And if you ask me to show you a guy who's piss-poor with really nice things around him, I'll show you the guy that's on that list that's worried about being number one. And [the person] won't stay there, trust me." (XXLMag)

Working...
X