No announcement yet.

Kendrick Lamar Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• honestly not sure how i feel after first listen.....i feel because of how kendrick has structured his previous albums i was looking for some overall tone/message/structure in the songs and album as a whole, and i didn't get that at all from this album, its just like a 'regular rapper' album where its just songs, nothing structured like his previous ones, not that i can hear or recognize anyway right away....

going to listen tomorrow again with the intent of taking in each song as a whole, and see how that does it for me

Comment

• hows the album? can someone PM me a link please

Comment

• Wayne dissapointed, Drake dissapointed. But K.Dot...... So fuckin crazy and deep album. 9/10

Comment

• Can somebody pm me with a download link

Comment

• all i care about is that kendrick woke up to being an israelite

Comment

• Originally posted by KidComet View Post
              all i care about is that kendrick woke up to being an israelite
              it's part of the album's religious context

people also think he's leaving clues on this album and with the cover art that this is the first album, and he dies in it, just like jesus died on good friday, and he's dropping a second album on sunday called God or Nation, just like how jesus came back on easter sunday he's coming back with a second album after 'dying' on the first one

so people think saying hes israeli is just another clue about this album concept being like jesus and coming back sunday

Comment

• Originally posted by BrewCityYM View Post
                After listening to "DNA" there no need to listen to the rest of the album .....

#BestRapPerformance #Grammy

No Mainstream Rapper Will Drop A Better "Rap Song" with bats than this period!

Impossible! That shit is fucking crazy

Haven't even listened to the rest of the album cause it's been in repeat
                song is HEAT! have it on repeat!! so fcin fire god damm it

#FREEVELVET

Comment

• Originally posted by Lil_zimmie View Post
                  song is HEAT! have it on repeat!! so fcin fire god damm it
                  Bruh! I bullshit you not I haven't got pass that song!

Listened to it about 20 times!

Can't remember a rapper, mainstream rapper........ fuck it rapper period spaz out on a album track........ fuck it a track period like that!

If he don't win a Grammy for best rap performance for that song it's a got damn problem!

Absolutely murdered that shit

Comment

• Originally posted by BrewCityYM View Post
                    Bruh! I bullshit you not I haven't got pass that song!

Listened to it about 20 times!

Can't remember a rapper, mainstream rapper........ fuck it rapper period spaz out on a album track........ fuck it a track period like that!

If he don't win a Grammy for best rap performance for that song it's a got damn problem!

Absolutely murdered that shit

get ready for more blessings fam the album is a masterpiece

#FREEVELVET

Comment

• Originally posted by Mnjaro View Post
                      honestly not sure how i feel after first listen.....i feel because of how kendrick has structured his previous albums i was looking for some overall tone/message/structure in the songs and album as a whole, and i didn't get that at all from this album, its just like a 'regular rapper' album where its just songs, nothing structured like his previous ones, not that i can hear or recognize anyway right away....

going to listen tomorrow again with the intent of taking in each song as a whole, and see how that does it for me
                      Idk what album you was listening to bruh but it definitely wasn't the new Kendrick album! It's messages and thru it and conceptual af!

Comment

• I like eltement,loyalty,love and god a lot

Comment

• the album is amazing
                          but im not sure what i think about that intro though

Comment

Working...
                          X