Kendrick Lamar Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Kendrick Lamar Appreciation Thread

lol I forgot I posted that in here. But yeah, errybody has been praisin' him so I picked up Section80 when I bought Ambition. It bored me. I do like some songs and shit, don't get me wrong, but none of his songs are fun to me. And I'm sure no one remembers, but I prefer those kinds of songs. Songs that are fun, but at the same time have a wittiness to them.

Buried Alive? I hate that shit(doesn't help that it's tacked onto the end of Marvin's Room which I also hate). And I ain't need to look up the lyrics. I got everything he was saying after two listens. And while I don't deny that he can rap, I don't see the hype on the level you niggaz praise him. I like the album about as much as I like Cole World maybe a little more, and I liked that a little bit less than Ambition.

Not that I think C4 is lyrically better, but it was a lot more fun to listen to, IMO. As well as WTT, FF, and SMV1.

Dude's just kinda...meh. Boring.

Lil Wayne, Drake, Chance the Rapper, Skooly, Rich Homie Quan, 2 Chainz.

Comment

Originally posted by TyIquan View Post
      lol I forgot I posted that in here. But yeah, errybody has been praisin' him so I picked up Section80 when I bought Ambition. It bored me. I do like some songs and shit, don't get me wrong, but none of his songs are fun to me. And I'm sure no one remembers, but I prefer those kinds of songs. Songs that are fun, but at the same time have a wittiness to them.

Buried Alive? I hate that shit(doesn't help that it's tacked onto the end of Marvin's Room which I also hate). And I ain't need to look up the lyrics. I got everything he was saying after two listens. And while I don't deny that he can rap, I don't see the hype on the level you niggaz praise him. I like the album about as much as I like Cole World maybe a little more, and I liked that a little bit less than Ambition.

Not that I think C4 is lyrically better, but it was a lot more fun to listen to, IMO. As well as WTT, FF, and SMV1.

Well, that sucks for you.
      THIS AIN'T NOTHING TO RELATE TO.

last.fm || twitter

Comment

Originally posted by IceMan View Post
        Well, that sucks for you.
        Not really. I'm fine.

Comment

Not really. I'm fine.

last.fm || twitter

Comment

• Originally posted by TyIquan View Post

Wtf. Too bad the album is fucking amazing.
            Oh and buried alive Is crazy. Amazing storytelling
            Twitter

Comment

There's nobody on this planet right now on the same level as Kendrick lyrically. It's a shame he bores you. Also lmfao @ you hating Buried Alive. That's straight ridiculous

"Mind so sharp I fuck around and cut my head off"
              http://spontaneousoverflow.com/wordpress/?p=1673

Comment

Meh. Nothing he says does anything for me. And I really don't see what's so great about Buried Alive.

Comment

R I P Aaliyah, R I P, yep, R I P Aaliyah, R I P, yep, That's exactly what this sound like A to the A to the L-I-Y-A-H, give it up 2 times, Then give it right back, don't blow my high

Comment

Busta Flow on Rigamortis is stupid.....Like damn....he went the fuck in....

Oh Yea....Find a rapper that can fuck with Lamar on planet earth....*take your time*
                    Mississippi x California x North Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by Cli-City View Post
                      Busta Flow on Rigamortis is stupid.....Like damn....he went the fuck in....

Oh Yea....Find a rapper that can fuck with Lamar on planet earth....*take your time*
                      Lil Wayne

So Lil Wayne, Whats your motivation?

'Is that really a question?
                      Do you really have that written down in your notepad?
                      You should be ashamed of yourself
                      You smell me girl
                      I smell like money'

Comment

Meh. Nothing he says does anything for me. And I really don't see what's so great about Buried Alive.
                        Buried Alive Interlude Lyrics - Rapgenius

That is too fucking dope... But some people aren't into the whole lyricism thing I guess

(Not knocking you or anything it's just true, some people don't really care about lyrics that much lol)

"Mind so sharp I fuck around and cut my head off"
                        http://spontaneousoverflow.com/wordpress/?p=1673

Comment

It doesn't make your dick hard?

Shit, son.

last.fm || twitter

Comment

Working...
                          X