• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by freakjasp View Post
    this is the best project of 2015 so far
    Said no one ever .........

- - - Updated - - -

naw bruh I think views from the 6 , c5 and Kanye album and this Jay z album , and don't forget Nas album coming out one of those will be better than this shit

Comment

• Originally posted by dametri426 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

naw bruh I think views from the 6 , c5 and Kanye album and this Jay z album , and don't forget Nas album coming out one of those will be better than this shit
      Jay's dropping an album?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lil Waynes Height View Post
        Jay's dropping an album?
        No

Comment

• Originally posted by Ozzie View Post
          Cant get into it...

And GKMC didnt feel jazz influenced? That was a classic and the beat were dope. It was rap not this...
          To each his own. you right GKMC aint jazz heavy at all.

side note: This album is amazing. At first I thought the beats was weird and was like whatever but after a couple listens I couldn't be happier with a product. There is so many little side stories going on in the album. I have been listening to this since it came out and its not even getting close to boring. Kendrick always seems to amaze me like damn. Each song goes so well with the next. The stories on each song is amazing. Dont see anyone topping this album this year as far as concept albums go.
          Last edited by Raw_Tune; 03-20-2015, 01:44 PM.

Comment

• Kendrick Lamar by far realest NEGUS alive

Comment

• Originally posted by dametri426 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

lol you dont get what 'so far' means?

Comment

• Originally posted by Raw_Tune View Post
                To each his own. you right GKMC aint jazz heavy at all.

side note: This album is amazing. At first I thought the beats was weird and was like whatever but after a couple listens I couldn't be happier with a product. There is so many little side stories going on in the album. I have been listening to this since it came out and its not even getting close to boring. Kendrick always seems to amaze me like damn. Each song goes so well with the next. The stories on each song is amazing. Dont see anyone topping this album this year as far as concept albums go.
                I mean its alright but I cant have those jazzy, funky beats on repeat it just gets annoying to me.

To me GKMC was so much better then this album in every way.

But I can see why people think this album is dope.

Comment

• Mortal Man top 5 on the album

Comment

• Originally posted by MORO551 View Post
                    Mortal Man top 5 on the album
                    agreed, it's what puts the whole album into perspective

Comment

• the 2pac interview is pretty corny imo, let that man rest in peace...

rest is really fucking dope besides track #2 lol, that "freEEeEee" is kinda annoying
                      Last edited by IceMan; 03-22-2015, 06:36 AM.
                      THIS AIN'T NOTHING TO RELATE TO.

last.fm || twitter

Comment

• if you wanna know why this record is perfect, have a read

Ben's Big Blog: Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly

Comment

• I think u, Momma and Mortal Man are my three favourite tracks on the album.

I disagree with IceMan about the Tupac stuff. I don't think it was contrived or used to bring any superfluous attention to the album. Pac once said something about sparking the mind of the person who's gonna change the world, and I think Kendrick sees himself as that person. Maybe a little dishonest to put words in Tupac's mouth, so to speak, but seeing two of the more socially conscious rappers from different generations converse was pretty cool...and the subject matter was very powerful.

Comment

Working...
                          X