No announcement yet.

Kendrick Lamar Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• His first week sales are gonna suffer because they messed up the release..I went to target they didn't even have em on the shelf..had to convince dude to get it from the back, he didn't even know they had em yet..

Project is dope tho..can't believe this nigga did it again

Comment

• Originally posted by BlakeJay View Post
      His first week sales are gonna suffer because they messed up the release..I went to target they didn't even have em on the shelf..had to convince dude to get it from the back, he didn't even know they had em yet..

"Kendrick Lamar’s sophomore album To Pimp A Butterfly which released a week in advance of the original date (March 23) is expected to sell 350-375kcopies in the first week (300-325k sales only)"

Still good numbers, though i agree they would've been higher if they didn't fuck it up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spark View Post
        "Kendrick Lamar’s sophomore album To Pimp A Butterfly which released a week in advance of the original date (March 23) is expected to sell 350-375kcopies in the first week (300-325k sales only)"

Still good numbers, though i agree they would've been higher if they didn't fuck it up.

The industry trying to bring Kendrick down.
        ​repetition is the father of learning

Comment

• [MENTION=61746]Vocker[/MENTION]....what you think homie?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by BlakeJay View Post
          His first week sales are gonna suffer because they messed up the release..I went to target they didn't even have em on the shelf..had to convince dude to get it from the back, he didn't even know they had em yet..

i agree he would've done atleast 500k..but its cool..it'll go platinum....and im like you i cant believe he dropped another one bro..this shit crazy
          Mississippi x California x North Carolina

Comment

im sure they arent allowed to sell the album before the release date lol

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by weezy f baby View Post
            The industry trying to bring Kendrick down.
            Why you think so?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Cli-City View Post

i agree he would've done atleast 500k..but its cool..it'll go platinum....and im like you i cant believe he dropped another one bro..this shit crazy
            IMO they should've just made the album available on Spotify a week early and then actually release it on 24th.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cli-City View Post

I remember before good kid came out I was having doubts and you said this nigga would never disappoint..3 amazing albums straight smh

Comment

• Originally posted by MORO551 View Post
                im sure they arent allowed to sell the album before the release date lol- - - Updated - - -Why you think so?- - - Updated - - -IMO they should've just made the album available on Spotify a week early and then actually release it on 24th.
                I mean look at all rappers, new and old. They are trying to fuck everything up! After 5 years rap will consist of generic nobodies and washed up OGs. Rap will be dead again, we gonna need another weezy to bring it back but that ain't gonna happen.
                ​repetition is the father of learning

Comment

• [MENTION=7009]Cli-City[/MENTION] what's your favorite moments on the album? And we're you feeling it on 1st listen?

Comment

@Cli-City what's your favorite moments on the album? And we're you feeling it on 1st listen?
                    To be honest I never like Kendrick albums on first listen...I thought this was a clusterfuck..alot of beat changes, live instrumentations, different hooks, background vocals...I missed the poem part my entire first listen..i didn't notice that he was reading more and more..i was like why does he keep repeating the same shit...lol..but after like 5 or 6 listen...it clicked..and I caught some more of the concepts and realized that Kendrick is a pure genius..some of the shit he did on this project is just fucking genius...

Like on Momma..I didn't know he was talking about Africa until really listening alot because i was like what does he mean until he came home he lives in compton..im sure he sees his folks alot..but then it click..

the How much the dollar cost when he talking to the homesless person and he turns out to be God..that was dope..

I love all the songs. the live version of i with the acapella. about Negus had me in a daze...when I heard Pac i was like Oh shit...lol...it was dope how he did that..then when i got the concept I started to listen to the instrumentation and man...it seems like Kendrick and all those musicians put so much work into this album ...everything is just so dope....and one thing i havent mentioned people say is that Kendrick rapping improved on this shit....how he was rhyming...and the shit he was saying was crazy...so dope....after like 3 days I was like man I can't believe this nigga really did it again...i couldn't believe it....I went back and listened to s80 and GKMC and those sound so bland right now..I know im being a prisoner of the moment..but this might be my favorite Kendrick album...and in my opinion..his third straight classic album and that's dope to me....Im just here thinking now what can he possibly do next..he gonna have to pull something out his ass because to 4 peat is pretty much unheard of...i dont think anyone has had 4 classics in a row...
                    Mississippi x California x North Carolina

Comment

• Originally posted by Cli-City View Post
                      To be honest I never like Kendrick albums on first listen...I thought this was a clusterfuck..alot of beat changes, live instrumentations, different hooks, background vocals...I missed the poem part my entire first listen..i didn't notice that he was reading more and more..i was like why does he keep repeating the same shit...lol..but after like 5 or 6 listen...it clicked..and I caught some more of the concepts and realized that Kendrick is a pure genius..some of the shit he did on this project is just fucking genius...Like on Momma..I didn't know he was talking about Africa until really listening alot because i was like what does he mean until he came home he lives in compton..im sure he sees his folks alot..but then it click..the How much the dollar cost when he talking to the homesless person and he turns out to be God..that was dope..I love all the songs. the live version of i with the acapella. about Negus had me in a daze...when I heard Pac i was like Oh shit...lol...it was dope how he did that..then when i got the concept I started to listen to the instrumentation and man...it seems like Kendrick and all those musicians put so much work into this album ...everything is just so dope....and one thing i havent mentioned people say is that Kendrick rapping improved on this shit....how he was rhyming...and the shit he was saying was crazy...so dope....after like 3 days I was like man I can't believe this nigga really did it again...i couldn't believe it....I went back and listened to s80 and GKMC and those sound so bland right now..I know im being a prisoner of the moment..but this might be my favorite Kendrick album...and in my opinion..his third straight classic album and that's dope to me....Im just here thinking now what can he possibly do next..he gonna have to pull something out his ass because to 4 peat is pretty much unheard of...i dont think anyone has had 4 classics in a row...
                      I'm the same way..I didn't like Section 80 or Good Kid on first listen..and Didn't really feel this on first listen either..I was ji disappointed..but after listening to it 3-4 more times I started loving it..The way this nigga constructs his albums is amazing..and I love how he uses the different voices to depict different characters..who else really has that many dope catchy rap voices..Nigga was literally crying on U and it sounded perfect..the production is a breath of fresh air..Ali did his thing on the mixing as always..and the features..Kedrick be picking his features flawlessly man..Snoop was perfect for that Lil part with the Slick Rick Flow..Rapsody was perfect on Complextion..this nigga really thinks this stuff through..no second is wasted, it all means something..just so many dope clever concepts too..like how These Walls is a song about Dot having sex with the girlfriend of the nigga who killed his homeboy on sing about me, and made the song something you can dance to lol it's crazy..Anna Wise and Balil all over the project was dope tooSo far I cant put this above Section 80 or Good Kid for me (you right though I'd imagine those sounding pretty dull right after listening to this for 4 straight days)..I like the rapping more on those projects..still a 9+/10 project tho..nigga is so far ahead of these other niggas it aint fair Cant even imagine what he'll do next

Comment

• Originally posted by Spark View Post

Wish he'd released it normally.. Still, he broke Spotify records, that's cool

I'm glad some dudes on here have an opinion on it. Please read my review, I can't stress how highly I regard this record. It might not be for everyone, especially with all the Jazz, but damn the concept and his message is so potent

Comment

• Originally posted by Theonlydjorkaeff View Post
                          Wish he'd released it normally.. Still, he broke Spotify records, that's cool

I'm glad some dudes on here have an opinion on it. Please read my review, I can't stress how highly I regard this record. It might not be for everyone, especially with all the Jazz, but damn the concept and his message is so potent
                          Link me with your review.

On my first listen i liked it, it felt complete. Really liked the production and the overall feel to it.
                          But on the second listen, I just focused on the album, didn't do anything else, just me & the music. It really helped me understand Kendrick's story on this, his emotions, his struggles. You really need to focus listening to this, it's different, I never heard anything like this. Fantastic album.

Comment

Working...
                          X