X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cli-City View Post
    @Vocker....what you think homie?

- - - Updated - - -

i agree he would've done atleast 500k..but its cool..it'll go platinum....and im like you i cant believe he dropped another one bro..this shit crazy
    I havent given this album alot off my attention honestly...gave it a first listen, and I guess I'm not a big funk or jazz fan
    coz I dont like some of the beats....lyrically he is dope...I get there is a story on the album and the songs link up all and shit, but I didn't enjoy it as much as I hoped to. I think its a good album, but I'm not attached to it like I was attached to GKMC or Section 80, which is sad coz this album was my most anticipated album of 2015

plus I'm not a fan of all these high pitched voices and why the fuck he got a lady all over his verses like in king kunta? lol

Maybe I need more listens...maybe one day ill post about how dope this album is lol...but now, i'll never put it next to GKMC or S80..

One song I reply all the time tho...The Blacker The Berry. Its so dope
    Last edited by Vocker; 03-23-2015, 12:50 PM.
    Originally posted by Shake
    Why so negative all the time???

Comment

• one thing it notices is how much the world shuns him but praises the butterfly.........

disrespect the caterpillar rave about the butterfly

anyone else find it weird that wayne literally said pretty much the same thing on selsun blue lol just 2 months before? can't just be coincidence

Comment

• Originally posted by Mnjaro View Post
        one thing it notices is how much the world shuns him but praises the butterfly.........disrespect the caterpillar rave about the butterflyanyone else find it weird that wayne literally said pretty much the same thing on selsun blue lol just 2 months before? can't just be coincidence
        Damn

It's Tunechi Homie, Master Of Ceremonies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vocker View Post
          plus I'm not a fan of all these high pitched voices and why the fuck he got a lady all over his verses like in king kunta? lol
          Those voices are the only thing i don't like on this album lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Mnjaro View Post
            one thing it notices is how much the world shuns him but praises the butterfly.........

disrespect the caterpillar rave about the butterfly

anyone else find it weird that wayne literally said pretty much the same thing on selsun blue lol just 2 months before? can't just be coincidence
            Could be a reach but he has made a song with Kendrick last year so you never know.

Mostly likely a coincident tho imo

Comment

• Originally posted by Vocker View Post
              I havent given this album alot off my attention honestly...gave it a first listen, and I guess I'm not a big funk or jazz fan
              coz I dont like some of the beats....lyrically he is dope...I get there is a story on the album and the songs link up all and shit, but I didn't enjoy it as much as I hoped to. I think its a good album, but I'm not attached to it like I was attached to GKMC or Section 80, which is sad coz this album was my most anticipated album of 2015

Maybe I need more listens...maybe one day ill post about how dope this album is lol...but now, i'll never put it next to GKMC or S80..

One song I reply all the time tho...The Blacker The Berry. Its so dope
              bitch u basic

(just joking, turn up)
              THIS AIN'T NOTHING TO RELATE TO.

last.fm || twitter

Comment

• it sold 355,372 first week

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucifer View Post
                  it sold 355,372 first week
                  nope 318,988

Comment

• Jazz, Hip Hop, Funk, Spoken word, Poetry and Tupac. It's definitely a step away from GKMC. It doesn't quite have that bulging narrative vein of Compton tales threading through it, but GKMC could never be topped really. Kendrick is a force of nature, I've listened to it a lot over the last week and I enjoy it more with each listen. He's definitely trying to change things up, shame about his sales, but I never thought he'd get close to a mil, more like 500k.

I'm happy for him to keep doing what he's doing. There's nothing bad about the album, it's rather special, for a lot of people it will just fall down to preference because of the mixture it contains.

Comment

• Originally posted by legendarytunechi View Post
                      nope 318,988
                      Things gonna change with streams counted though.. Might do half a mil

Comment

• Originally posted by Theonlydjorkaeff View Post
                        Yeah it's pretty.. Left of centre. There's been a few albums scattered over the past twenty years but never a real movement. Tbh it's where jazz started though, the free association with people getting on stage and doing spoken word over jazz music
                        Yeah man your right i believe the origins of rap can be traced back into jazz (friend of mine lectures me on this all the time )

#FREEVELVET

Comment

• Originally posted by Theonlydjorkaeff View Post
                          Things gonna change with streams counted though.. Might do half a mil
                          with streams counted it sold 355k

Comment

Working...
                          X