No announcement yet.

Official J. Cole Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't understand why people like Born Sinner but not Cole World...

Rise and Shine, Sideline Story, Lost Ones, Gods Gift, Dollar and a Dream III etc....Cole World gets too much hate

And Can't get enough >> Power Trip

Comment

• Originally posted by BlakeJay View Post
      Don't understand why people like Born Sinner but not Cole World...

Rise and Shine, Sideline Story, Lost Ones, Gods Gift, Dollar and a Dream III etc....Cole World gets too much hate

And Can't get enough >> Power Trip
      I like both. I think the thing with Cole world is that's a lot of songs were heard and FNL was a better project so with all that includes it seemed underwhelming. What you think of born sinner
      Mississippi x California x North Carolina

Comment

• Originally posted by Cli-City View Post
        I like both. I think the thing with Cole world is that's a lot of songs were heard and FNL was a better project so with all that includes it seemed underwhelming. What you think of born sinner
        I like it..it's good..wasn't overly impressed but maybe when we get a higher quality I'll like it more..buts its Cole so "good" from him is still pretty Great

Feel like Cole World had more stand out songs...only thing was it had songs we had already heard and it had 2-3 bad songs Wheareas Born Sinner has no bad songs imo

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaden View Post
          Nigga has 0 bangers on this album.....
          She Knows will get mass radio spins. Watch.

Comment

• Did he steal the LAnd Of The Snakes beat from OutKast?

BTW why is it written LAnd Of The Snakes instead of Land Of The Snakes?

Comment

• Originally posted by MORO551 View Post
              Did he steal the LAnd Of The Snakes beat from OutKast?

because it's a leak

and to answer your question: i think he just sampled a hip-hop beat that samples another track lol
              THIS AIN'T NOTHING TO RELATE TO.

last.fm || twitter

Comment

• Originally posted by IceMan View Post
                because it's a leak

and to answer your question: i think he just sampled a hip-hop beat that samples another track lol
                He used the same beat as OutKast and the original samples another OutKast song

Comment

• Originally posted by MORO551 View Post
                  Did he steal the LAnd Of The Snakes beat from OutKast?

Originally posted by IceMan View Post
                  because it's a leak

3. “LAnd Of The Snakes”
                  Following the skit which sounds like an infomercial from a money hungry church pastor, Jermaine unveiled the second track on the LP which was recorded in L.A as a result of Cole deciding he wanted to live in the City Of Angels, so he moved into a three bedroom house with about 12 of his people (keeping it classy but bringing the hood along too), but despite the upside of living in ‘Hollywood’, there was a dark side to it which inspired this cautionary tale (which I think samples “Da Art Of Storytelling (Part 1)” by Outkast) about the trappings, dangers and distractions of the City Of Angels (hence the capitalised L and A in the title) .

Comment

• streaming the album right now

Comment

• Originally posted by BlakeJay View Post
                      I like it..it's good..wasn't overly impressed but maybe when we get a higher quality I'll like it more..buts its Cole so "good" from him is still pretty Great

Feel like Cole World had more stand out songs...only thing was it had songs we had already heard and it had 2-3 bad songs Wheareas Born Sinner has no bad songs imo
                      Born sinner is my favorite track that piano. I think cole should try a concept record because it seems like his story has already been told
                      Mississippi x California x North Carolina

Comment

• Originally posted by Cli-City View Post
                        Born sinner is my favorite track that piano. I think cole should try a concept record because it seems like his story has already been told
                        yea it time for the "i finally got money".. and "fuck yall niggas/arrogant" type tracks now lol
                        #3hunna

#Mandown
                        2-4-14

Comment

• Originally posted by mirage42 View Post
                          yea it time for the "i finally got money".. and "fuck yall niggas/arrogant" type tracks now lol
                          Yeah I want beast cole to start coming out.

Comment

Working...
                          X