Kevin Gates Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WEEZYFUCKINBBY11590 View Post
    flow dope as hell but im ridin with gates he closer to home and ive been listening to him longer and i have already been to 2 of his shows.. also all original beats and he stays coming with the creative flows and hooks
    This is what I like about him.. He's very different & creative

Comment

• I forgot tha Game wanted to come YMCMB next or year after too but Idk if it will happen... Want it to happen but need to don't drop some dead weight, I hope

Comment

• Originally posted by Flame Gang View Post
        This is what I like about him.. He's very different & creative
        You like Flow or Gates better?

Comment

• Originally posted by Weezy_KB24 View Post
          You like Flow or Gates better?
          I think my username makes my choice obvious but I've also been into Flame Gang/Flow longer than Kvn Gates. But I kno if I listened to more Kvn Gates, I'd probably like them both the same.. They're very different tho so comparing them is almost pointless. Different flows/swag.

Comment

• Originally posted by BWA View Post
            No mo DeaD Game...like he what he did with da lyrics when he sang meteorites on da video!!! ---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ---------- I thought it was...and yea it did go hard man...
            was that freddie gibbs at 2:13?

Comment

Do u think he will ever get on YMCMB? currency was on before all them and he had to leave because they wasn't messin wit his album alot!! So they don't do his album then it be hard to do his and flow and drake and nicki minaj and tyga and bow wow and busta and ace hood and lil chuck and lil twist and Mystikal and DJ khaled, ETC. O plus tha best rapper alive too!!
              Yea im pretty sure he will get signed he too good to not be signed to a big name label an who better than ymcmb the biggest label in the world right now well sub label if u wanna be specific but if this dont work out the only other label i wanna c him join is trill entertainment!!

And about the all the albums situation i sure hope they got alot of behind the scenes people working cuz they have a small army of people thats tryna shine
              Last edited by WEEZYFUCKINBBY11590; 07-06-2012, 11:23 AM.
              [IMG]Blessed Is The Mind Who Walks Not In The Counsil Of The Ungodly!!
              Keep Pussy Niggas From By Me.
              God Bless The Dead And Protection For He Who Try Me

Comment

• Originally posted by 187JoshM187
                If you think about it, if ur not signed to ymcmb, or mmg, or you're name isn't jay z, kanye, or j cole. You're only selling 30k a week at most. So signing with ymcmb was kind've a good move in my opinion.
                Not necessarily cuz take mac miller for example hes independant and he sold more than 100k his first week maybe more i dnt really remember i juss kno that it went #1 and he broke a record r somethin but music is constantly evolving an i feel were on the verge of a indepentant takeover in the future

Comment

• Originally posted by WEEZYFUCKINBBY11590 View Post
                  Not necessarily cuz take mac miller for example hes independant and he sold more than 100k his first week maybe more i dnt really remember i juss kno that it went #1 and he broke a record r somethin but music is constantly evolving an i feel were on the verge of a indepentant takeover in the future
                  Wiz Khalifa!!! TGOD

Comment

oh forgot about mac miller but a lot of rappers that people fuck with aint really selling nothing big if they're not signed 2 those labels
                    Im not saying being independant is the way to go cuz some cats need help pushing there music and others dont it all depends on the artist as for gates he got the whole entire state of louisiana who will willingly buy his album only thing is thats all he has right now he needs exposure and lots of it!!!

Comment

I bet gates gonna release an album before lil twist will
                      Wouldn't surprise me one bit lol

Comment

Do u think he will ever get on YMCMB? currency was on before all them and he had to leave because they wasn't messin wit his album alot!! So they don't do his album then it be hard to do his and flow and drake and nicki minaj and tyga and bow wow and busta and ace hood and lil chuck and lil twist and Mystikal and DJ khaled, ETC. O plus tha best rapper alive too!!
                        Pimp'n Says: Mane 2 be honest wit ya when Curren$y was YM he didn't have dat mass appeal, marketability 2 successfully drop an album & blow. IMO I'm still not interested in his lazy stoner flow music. Gates on da other hand has his whole state rock'n wit him. Curren$y still can't say dat & he has his own Jet Life situation go'n.

Comment

• Originally posted by AF1PIMPN View Post
                          Pimp'n Says: Mane 2 be honest wit ya when Curren$y was YM he didn't have dat mass appeal, marketability 2 successfully drop an album & blow. IMO I'm still not interested in his lazy stoner flow music. Gates on da other hand has his whole state rock'n wit him. Curren$y still can't say dat & he has his own Jet Life situation go'n.
                          tell you the truth he had to sit behind lil wayne back then dats why new orleans never knew him much!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X