No order

Comment

1. So Far Gone
      2. Carter 3
      3. College Dropout
      4. Blueprint/Reasonable Doubt
      5. Carter 2/ Late Registraion/SSLP

honorable mentions
      ready to die, life after death, tha carter, section.80, speakerboxxx/the love below, stankonia, mmlp, get rich or die trying

Comment

In no particular order:
        - So Far Gone (Drake)
        - Tha Carter III (Lil Wayne)
        - Take Care (Drake)
        - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy (Kanye West)
        - The Marshall Mathers LP (Eminem)
        OVOXO-YMCMB

Comment

1. The Marshall Mathers LP.

Imo the quintessential hip hop album. Embodies the whole genre with its themes and motives. Eminem showcases his immense technical skill with perhaps the most dense and complex mainstream album. The circumstances around this album is that of legend. Universal scorn and hatred, most would bow down, not Eminem who produced an even more shocking album. Album is also the highest selling hip hop album ever and still holds highest solo first week sales of any artist. Eminem take a bow.

2. Paid In Full

Yes, PID. Rakim along with Eric B put out quite possibly the most influential hip hop album ever with a very strong case of greatest hip hop album ever. Without this record there would be no Nas, AZ, Pun or even Eminem.

3. Country Grammar

A depture in a sense from the rest of the list. Country Grammar is perhaps the best and easily the most successful crossover album ever. So large was it's popularity that for six years it had outsold MMLP in the US. This album paved the way for albums such as Recovery, Blue Print 3 and Tha Carter III. Nelly was on fire at that tine, regardless if his status now Nelly provided us with one of the most enjoyable albums ever.

4. Aquemini

Wow, I started to listen to Outkast in the aftermath of their ridiculously popular and successful SB/TLB. As a result I listened to their previous work and was disappointed I hadn't discovered them earlier. Andre 3000 and Big Boi put together perhaps the most distinctive album of their time. With tracks like Rosa Park, Spottie... and Aquemini it's hard not to see how. Yet the highlight remains on the awe inspiring Andre 3000 verse on Da Art Of Storytellin Pt.2. To this day the author hasn't heard a more triumphant verse.

5. Get Rich Or Die Tryin

To have 5 albums is a ridiculously difficult task. Many albums were left out that really deserved to make it. It was a task to find my favorite out of The Slim Shady LP, GRODT or 2001.

In the end I chose what to many was the soundtrack to their childhood. Never was Gangsta Rap more cool and relevant. 50 Cent straight out of successful mixtapes (which included No Mercy No Fear and the greatest mixtape ever in 50 Cent Is The Future) and freshly signed dropped the most anticipated album since Doggystyle. My word did it deliver. Archtypal banger in In Da Club and the everfresh crossover hit in 21 Questions. Featuring production from Dre and guidance from Eminem Curtis dropped perhaps the most impactful album since MMLP.

Comment

1) Tha Carter II
            2)Chronic 2001
            3)Eminem show
            4)The Bluprint
            5)Get Rich or Die Tryin
            Originally posted by Shake
            Why so negative all the time???

Comment

Originally posted by Franknstein View Post
              1. The Marshall Mathers LP.

Imo the quintessential hip hop album. Embodies the whole genre with its themes and motives. Eminem showcases his immense technical skill with perhaps the most dense and complex mainstream album. The circumstances around this album is that of legend. Universal scorn and hatred, most would bow down, not Eminem who produced an even more shocking album. Album is also the highest selling hip hop album ever and still holds highest solo first week sales of any artist. Eminem take a bow.

2. Paid In Full

Yes, PID. Rakim along with Eric B put out quite possibly the most influential hip hop album ever with a very strong case of greatest hip hop album ever. Without this record there would be no Nas, AZ, Pun or even Eminem.

3. Country Grammar

A depture in a sense from the rest of the list. Country Grammar is perhaps the best and easily the most successful crossover album ever. So large was it's popularity that for six years it had outsold MMLP in the US. This album paved the way for albums such as Recovery, Blue Print 3 and Tha Carter III. Nelly was on fire at that tine, regardless if his status now Nelly provided us with one of the most enjoyable albums ever.

4. Aquemini

Wow, I started to listen to Outkast in the aftermath of their ridiculously popular and successful SB/TLB. As a result I listened to their previous work and was disappointed I hadn't discovered them earlier. Andre 3000 and Big Boi put together perhaps the most distinctive album of their time. With tracks like Rosa Park, Spottie... and Aquemini it's hard not to see how. Yet the highlight remains on the awe inspiring Andre 3000 verse on Da Art Of Storytellin Pt.2. To this day the author hasn't heard a more triumphant verse.

5. Get Rich Or Die Tryin

To have 5 albums is a ridiculously difficult task. Many albums were left out that really deserved to make it. It was a task to find my favorite out of The Slim Shady LP, GRODT or 2001.

In the end I chose what to many was the soundtrack to their childhood. Never was Gangsta Rap more cool and relevant. 50 Cent straight out of successful mixtapes (which included No Mercy No Fear and the greatest mixtape ever in 50 Cent Is The Future) and freshly signed dropped the most anticipated album since Doggystyle. My word did it deliver. Archtypal banger in In Da Club and the everfresh crossover hit in 21 Questions. Featuring production from Dre and guidance from Eminem Curtis dropped perhaps the most impactful album since MMLP.
              /salute

would've probably chosen It's Dark And Hell Is Hot over Country Grammar and ATLiens over Aquemini
              THIS AIN'T NOTHING TO RELATE TO.

last.fm || twitter

Comment

Originally posted by IceMan View Post
                /salute

would've probably chosen It's Dark And Hell Is Hot over Country Grammar and ATLiens over Aquemini
                Thanks mate.

Haven't heard an X album in ages tbh. I'm not really really familiar with his discography at all. Gonna re-listen soon though.
                Hmmmm, I loved Aquemini. ATLiens is immense as well but Andre on Aquemini>>>Andre on ATLiens while Big Boi was consistent. Not to mention it has 3 of my favorite OutKast in Rosa Park, StoryTellin Pt.2 and Aquemini.

Comment

Originally posted by Franknstein View Post
                  Thanks mate.

Haven't heard an X album in ages tbh. I'm not really really familiar with his discography at all. Gonna re-listen soon though.
                  Hmmmm, I loved Aquemini. ATLiens is immense as well but Andre on Aquemini>>>Andre on ATLiens while Big Boi was consistent. Not to mention it has 3 of my favorite OutKast in Rosa Park, StoryTellin Pt.2 and Aquemini.
                  X's first 2 albums are fucking dope..his other albums are good too but not on the same level...

It's Dark And Hell Is Hot is probably the definition of raw/angry hiphop lol

Do you also think Big Boi is kinda underrated? I understand why 3k should be top 5(3?) DOA but Big Boi should get some shine too imo...SLLF was an incredible album
                  THIS AIN'T NOTHING TO RELATE TO.

last.fm || twitter

Comment

X's first 2 albums are fucking dope..his other albums are good too but not on the same level...

Do you also think Big Boi is kinda underrated? I understand why 3k should be top 5(3?) DOA but Big Boi should get some shine too imo...SLLF was an incredible album
                    I'll definitely listen again.

Big Boi is definitely underrated. It's a shame cause he's in a group with perhaps the most creative and arguably the greatest ever rapper.

Big Boi has it all to be a top tier rapper but he will always be outshined by Andre.

Andre in #4 in my books and to the best of my knowledge the creative thrust behind the enigma that is Outkast.

A perfect analogy between the pair:

The Way You Move spent 8 weeks at #2 mainly behind the more successful Hey Ya.

Comment

To be honest i only like its dark and hell is hot and flesh of my flesh, blood of my blood as albums.

Big Boi is definitely underrated he's hella dope but 3 Stacks is probaly the most creative/unpredictable rapper ever with out him we probaly wouldnt have artist like kanye, drake, and pretty much 80% of the artist out now.
                      Last edited by Drizzy Drake Tyga; 05-20-2012, 01:20 PM.

Comment

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)
                        The borders should be illegal instead of the people, who were here before the bible and all of its sequels

Comment

Lupe Fiasco- The Cool
                          Lil Wayne-Tha Carter
                          Jay-Z-Kingdom Come
                          Kendrick Lamar-Section80
                          Kanye West-MBDTF
                          Last edited by GrimGenius; 06-01-2012, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X