• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Appreciation Thread

Twitter: https://twitter.com/thegame
    Instagram: Instagram
    Wikipedia: Game (rapper) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/game/id261727947

Jayceon Terrell Taylor (born November 29, 1979), known by his stage name The Game or simply Game, is an American rapper, entrepreneur, record producer and actor. Game is best known as a rapper in the West Coast hip hop scene, and for being one of Dr. Dre's most notable prot�g�s. Born in Los Angeles, California, he released his first mixtape You Know What It Is Vol. 1 in 2002, and landed a record deal with the independent label Get Low Recordz owned by JT the Bigga Figga. Game's mixtape reached the hands of Sean Combs, founder of Bad Boy Records, who originally was on the verge of signing him to his label. Five months later, he was discovered by Dr. Dre who listened to the mixtape and signed him to his Aftermath Entertainment label in 2003. He rose to fame in 2005 with the success of his debut album "The Documentary" (2005) and "Doctor's Advocate" (2006). The Recording Industry Association of America certified his album "The Documentary" double platinum in March 2005 and it has sold over five million copies worldwide.
    A rising artist in the 2000s, Game is considered to be a driving force in bringing back the West Coast hip hop scene into the mainstream and competing with many of his East Coast counterparts.[3][4][5] Game was placed into G-Unit by Dr. Dre and Jimmy Iovine. Due to his disputes with 50 Cent, Game left Aftermath Entertainment and signed with Geffen Records another label under Universal Music Group's Interscope-Geffen-A&M division to terminate his contractual obligations with G-Unit in the summer of 2006. Game's second album Doctor's Advocate was released on November 14, 2006 and it became his second straight album to debut at No. 1 on US Billboard 200 chart. Doctor's Advocate did not feature any production from Dr. Dre. Pitchfork Media placed "The Documentary" at number 35 on their list of Top 50 Albums of 2005. Game was nominated with a total of two nominations, including Grammy Award for Best Rap Song and Grammy Award for Best Rap Performance by a Duo or Group for the smash single "Hate It or Love It". The New York Times named Doctor's Advocate best hip-hop album of 2006.[6]
    His next album LAX was released in 2008. With his fourth studio album The R.E.D. Album, Game made a return to Interscope Records. In addition to music, Game has starred in motion pictures and founded The Black Wall Street Records. In September 2011, Game started working on his fifth studio album titled Jesus Piece which was released on December 11, 2012.

Albums

The Documentary [2005]
    The Documentary - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Doctors Advocate [2006]
    Doctor's Advocate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

LAX [2008]

LAX (album) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The R.E.D. Album [2011]
    The R.E.D. Album - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jesus Piece (2012)
    Jesus Piece - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Independent Albums

Untold Story [2004]
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Untold_Story_(album)

West Coast Resurrection
    [2005]
    West Coast Resurrection - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Untold Story Pt. 2 [2005]
    Untold Story, Vol. 2 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

G.A.M.E. [2006]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G.A.M.E.

Mixtapes

California Republic
    HoodMorning (No Typo): Candy Coronas
    Purp & Patron: The Hangover
    Purp & Patron
    Brake Lights
    The Red Room
    The R.E.D. Files
    You Know What It Is Vol 1
    You Know What It Is Vol 2
    You Know What It Is Vol 3
    You Know What It Is Vol 4 (Murda Game)
    Blood, Sweat & Tears
    Blood, Sweat & Tears Vol 2
    Blood, Sweat & Tears Vol 3
    Diary of a Gangsta
    Let the Games Begin
    Born In the Bay
    The Reunion Mixtape
    A Day In The Game
    Face of L.A.
    Stop Snitchin' Stop Lyin'
    Devils Advocate
    Ghost Unit
    Westside Story

Music Videos

Last edited by Gman918; 02-21-2013, 12:44 AM.

Re: Game Appreciation Thread

My 2nd favorite rapper after Wayne. Just listened to RED again for the first time in awhile today, still a dope album. I hope this shit doesn't die he's one of the best out IMHO..

Comment

Originally posted by Weezy_KB24 View Post
      My 2nd favorite rapper after Wayne. Just listened to RED again for the first time in awhile today, still a dope album. I hope this shit doesn't die he's one of the best out IMHO..
      IMO The RED album is the most overlooked album in 2011. I think it was great, only disliked 1 song.

Comment

Where do you get all your dope Game sigs at?

Comment

Game is one of the first to revive West Coast rap. He is one of my favorites.
          RED Album is really fucking underrated. Got a lot of dope joints in there.
          OVOXO-YMCMB

Comment

Where do you get all your dope Game sigs at?
            I make them lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Gman918 View Post
              I make them lol.
              Damn bruh props that current one goes hard bro... One of the illest sigs I've seen tbh

Comment

The City Music Video Pics:

3.jpg

Last edited by Gman918; 02-15-2012, 02:20 AM.

Comment

Glad to see a few other Game fans, im a HUUUUGE game fan, he's probably my second fav rapper after Kendrick ATM just because Im hyped as fuck for Kendricks debut album and RED was kinda a dissapoitment for me but still love game
                  I know he's overlooked so ima post a few dope game tracks for the people who dont kno how dope he is
                  He really should be labled as a hiphop legend (IMO he one of the greatest alive)

(Skip to 0:45)

Damn.. I could keep goin on forever, Game is one of the best rappers of all time.

Comment

Game's hella dope, no doubt. Got almost all his shit man...

Comment

Originally posted by Gman918 View Post
                      I make them lol.
                      Damn bruh props that current one goes hard bro... One of the illest sigs I've seen tbh
                      If I remember correctly it's a picture from the "The Documentary" booklet?
                      THIS AIN'T NOTHING TO RELATE TO.

last.fm || twitter

Comment

Soundtrack of Chaos is gonna be pretty dope. But with no features? Is Interscope going to approve that?
                        OVOXO-YMCMB

Comment

Working...
                        X