Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jay Z v. Nas - Who has the better discography?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jay Z v. Nas - Who has the better discography?

just got to thinking at work today about the whole Jay Nas thing, and my question to u guys is who u think is better

now let me say this is NOT an Illmatic vs. Reasonable Doubt thread ive seen too many of those

my question is who do you guys think is the more complete artist, which one has the better overall discography?

Easy...Jay Z by a mile and a half..
    Mississippi x California x North Carolina

Comment

probably jay

Comment

jigga .

Comment

for me it was tough and took a bit of thinking but i would have to go with Jay as well

Comment

Originally posted by Proof View Post
            for me it was tough and took a bit of thinking but i would have to go with Jay as well

for me it was easy and took absolutely no thinking

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Xclusive View Post
              for me it was easy and took absolutely no thinking
              idk how u wrote him off so easy tho?

Illmatic + It Was Written + Stillmatic

that should merit at least a bit of consideration

Comment

Originally posted by Proof View Post
                just got to thinking at work today about the whole Jay Nas thing, and my question to u guys is who u think is better

now let me say this is NOT an Illmatic vs. Reasonable Doubt thread ive seen too many of those

my question is who do you guys think is the more complete artist, which one has the better overall discography?

comparing Illmatic & Reasonable Doubt doesn't make much sense

Jay's debut wasn't as impactful as Illmatic at the time it dropped

would make more sense to compare it to....Ready To Die for example
                THIS AIN'T NOTHING TO RELATE TO.

last.fm || twitter

Comment

Yall are Crazy, Nas has a better discography.. Reasonable Doubt is the most overrated album of all time, so ima say Jay has 2 classics (Blueprint & Black Album). But Nas has 3 (Illmatic, It Was Written, God's Son). Now I would say Jay-Z's only other albums that have received some acclaim would be American Gangster & Vol.2. Now Nas Has Stillmatic (Close to classic), I Am.. (Pretty good) and he has the Lost Tapes which are amazing but not gona count as a classic since it's not an official studio album. And all the other albums by both not really worth mentioning.

So..

Nas: 3 classics, 2 outstanding albums, & 1 strong album.
                  Jay-Z: 2 classics, 1 outstanding album, & 2 strong albums.

I mean it's close but Nas wins.

Comment

Originally posted by Gman918 View Post
                    Yall are Crazy, Nas has a better discography.. Reasonable Doubt is the most overrated album of all time, so ima say Jay has 2 classics (Blueprint & Black Album). But Nas has 3 (Illmatic, It Was Written, God's Son). Now I would say Jay-Z's only other albums that have received some acclaim would be American Gangster & Vol.2. Now Nas Has Stillmatic (Close to classic), I Am.. (Pretty good) and he has the Lost Tapes which are amazing but not gona count as a classic since it's not an official studio album. And all the other albums by both not really worth mentioning.

So..

Nas: 3 classics, 2 outstanding albums, & 1 strong album.
                    Jay-Z: 2 classics, 1 outstanding album, & 2 strong albums.

I mean it's close but Nas wins.
                    agree with a lot of your points...

Jay is way too overrated, whereas Nas is kinda underrated...

shit like "Nasty" or "Daughters" >>>>>>>> anything Jay has released since Black Album

Jay-Z is the king of hip-hop though (prob next to Em)

no1 dominated the game like these 2...and are still doing it
                    THIS AIN'T NOTHING TO RELATE TO.

last.fm || twitter

Comment

Originally posted by IceMan View Post
                      agree with a lot of your points...

Jay is way too overrated, whereas Nas is kinda underrated...

shit like "Nasty" or "Daughters" >>>>>>>> anything Jay has released since Black Album

Jay-Z is the king of hip-hop though (prob next to Em)

no1 dominated the game like these 2...and are still doing it
                      this is a really good point i think Nas is currently releasing better stuff then Jay by far (if u can even count WTT a Jay Z project its more like a kanye project with a shit ton of Jay features)

Comment

Nas got the best discography imo...

Comment

Working...
                        X