Can you really blame............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you really blame............

15-18 year olds for not knowing who spice 1, rakim, slick rick or krs-one, etc are??? A lot of older hip-hop fans act it's their fault but it's not like they were born in that era. What do yall think???

Agreed, my era of rap was a whole different era than the originals.
    ​repetition is the father of learning

Comment

Originally posted by Immaculate View Post

Comment

I think it really doesn't matter. The future generation isn't going to appreciate the Rakim & Slick Ricks of our generation as we do. I just think the older generation should calm the fuck down about the younger generation not listening to those artist.

Comment

Listen to what you want!
          Mississippi x California x North Carolina

Comment

it's not there fault they don't know them, and they don't have to know them
            but it's their own responsibility to educate themselves on the history of, and what it was that made hip hop what it is today,
            if they want to be involved in the culture and know what people are speaking about when they talk about hip hop before their time,
            i don't see anything wrong with not knowing the past, but i think you should
            Joe Budden makes a lot of good points:

Comment

Originally posted by Cli-City View Post
              Listen to what you want!
              Can I listen to what you want?

Comment

Originally posted by bloodysharnin View Post
                I think it really doesn't matter. The future generation isn't going to appreciate the Rakim & Slick Ricks of our generation as we do. I just think the older generation should calm the fuck down about the younger generation not listening to those artist.
                im sure by the time the future generation comes weezy, rozay, lupe, kendrick lamar, game, etc will be legends *opinion*

Comment

It's like when your grandparents tell you to listen to "real music" from the 60s...
                  OVOXO-YMCMB

Comment

Originally posted by YMCMB-FTW View Post
                    It's like when your grandparents tell you to listen to "real music" from the 60s...
                    smh cosign

Comment

Originally posted by Immaculate View Post

Comment

Agree, also I get fucking annoyed when people say 2pac is the best rapper of all time or shit like that. That's bullshit there is plenty of years ahead of us so how can they say that. Those fucking junkies don't even give this rappers a chance because they constantly compare them to older rappers. For example B.I.G is not part of my generation I don't know much about that era of hi hop so I don't go disrespecting those artist, I just stay in my lane and enjoy the music of my generation.
                        ---->

Love Women XO

(Artist)
                        The Weeknd - 33 Mill

I WENT FROM RED BARS, TO REP STARS.

Comment

Working...
                        X