• YG [Appreciation Thread]

Why not start a thread about this dude?
    He's dope

Album Cover

Deluxe Cover

Tracklist (Deluxe included)

1. The Put On Intro
    2. Bpt
    3. I Just Wanna Party (Feat. ScHoolboy Q & Jay Rock)
    4. Left, Right (Feat. DJ Mustard)
    5. Bicken Back Being Bool
    6. Meet the Flockers (Feat. Tee Cee)
    7. My N***a (Feat. Jeezy & Rich Homie Quan)
    8. Do It To Ya (Feat. TeeFLii)
    9. Me & My Bitch (Feat. Tory Lanez)
    10. Who Do You Love? (Feat. Drake)
    11. Really Be (Smokin N Drinkin) (Feat. Kendrick Lamar)
    12. 1Am
    13. Thank God (Interlude) (Feat. Big TC & RJ)
    14. Sorry Momma (Feat. Ty Dolla $ign)
    15. When I Was Gone (feat. RJ, Tee Cee, Charlie Hood, Reem Riches & Slim 400)
    16. Bompton
    17. My N***a (Feat. Lil Wayne, Rich Homie Quan, Meek Mill & Nicki Minaj) [Remix]
    18. My N***a (Feat. Lil Wayne, Rich Homie Quan, Meek Mill & Nicki Minaj) [Remix Video]

Singles

Last edited by Nigga; 03-07-2014, 01:51 PM.

will be checking out the album

Comment

Can't wait for this.

Comment

singles been on point so far

Comment

Good read

Toward the end of last night's listening party for YG's debut album, My Krazy Life, someone finally handed the microphone to "the hottest producer in hip-hop" (per host Elliott Wilson), DJ Mustard. "We the new Snoop and Dre," he started saying before correcting himself: "We the new 'Pac and Dre."
          Either way, for the first time in a long time, there's a strong case to be made that the West Coast is hip-hop's gravitational center. L.A. can boast hip-hop's biggest new star (Kendrick Lamar) and a half-dozen of its most talked-about artists (from ScHoolboy Q to Earl Sweatshirt to Nipsey Hussle). But it's also got an important aesthetic movement that's been building for years around DJ Mustard and YG (right now, five of the top 20 songs on Billboard's Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart are Mustard productions).
          In a short promo video they played last night for My Krazy Life, Jeezy (who's taken on a sort of mentoring role) called YG's music "timeless." It seems like an appropriate word in the sense that YG and Mustard are defining an era. They've offered a distinct sound that captures a feeling, a place, and a time, as much as Dre and Snoop's G-funk did for the region more than two decades ago. Incidentally, Jeezy also declared in person at the party, "I'm comparing that shit to The Chronic, because that's how I felt when I heard it."
          Watching DJ Mustard DJ�which everyone did, moving toward the front of the room as soon as he came on for a brief set�it was clear that he's an excellent DJ, not just a producer. And he already has a stellar lineup of hits ready-made to blend into each other. It also seemed inevitable that, no matter where his career takes him, it will probably feel special to watch him DJ in 15 or 20 years, too. This became even more apparent at the end, when someone queued up the video for the "My Nigga" remix. It's just simple black-and-white portraits of Lil Wayne, Meek Mill, Nicki, Quan, Mustard, and YG (with a cameo from Lil Durk). But it's a perfectly-polished portrait of the 2014 zeitgeist in one neat package.

hat said, YG still looks a little out of place with this caliber of star. He's plenty confident, but his lyrics aren't quite as tidy, and his physical presence isn't quite as crisp or magnetic. He's still very much the rough-and-tumble, good-natured Compton dude who managed to charm his way into the party on sheer charisma. The label is pushing hard to present him as the genre's next big name: the same promo video Jeezy appeared in features Drake, Kendrick Lamar, Meek Mill, and A$AP Rocky explaining what a unique talent YG is. (Drake: "You want to win in the club, you just play YG"; Kendrick: "When I listen to YG it's a whole different side [of Compton]...like some shit I ain't even get to talk about"). Not-so-subtly, this is pretty much a roll call of the last few new artists to be welcomed into the industry A-list. In the same video, YG slouches and mumbles about the West Coast in a set of way less professional-looking shots.

So yeah, he might still be a little too reckless, too unpolished, to be quite on the level of those other big stars. But that's also a large part of YG's appeal. My Krazy Life is a reckless, wild album. It doesn't have the same casual brilliance as YG's mixtape output; it is clearly a painstakingly labored-over project in comparison. And the impression of an irrepressible smooth talker is replaced by a rowdier, more explosive character that might not even be immediately recognizable to mixtape fans. The opener, "Bpt" stomps out the words "West. Coast. Shit." in a massive preview of what's to come. Loosely, the album tells the story of a day in YG's life, touching on gangbanging, partying, a cheating girlfriend, and a little introspection regarding his mom.
          The obvious highlights are still "My Nigga," which YG managed to coax Jeezy into rapping live, and "Who Do You Love," which has a killer hook and Drake, whose verse immediately set off screams in the room. It's a remarkably consistent album, and it sounded great blasted incredibly loud. A lot of people clearly want YG to be a star, and this album could make him one. But at the very least, it's important as a key document in what's become a landmark era for the West Coast.One of the most arresting songs, "Meet the Flockers," gives detailed instructions about how to rob a house (YG went to prison for residential burglary exactly five years to the day before the album's release date). "I Just Wanna Party," featuring ScHoolboy Q and Jay Rock, seems like it could be a sleeper hit. Elsewhere, Tory Lanez floats over the heartbreak anthem "My and My Bitch" ("All the real niggas that had they hearts broken gonna feel that one," YG explained). And the final, saxophone-tinted song with Ty Dolla $ign is stunning.

Comment

will download and give opinions on it

Comment

Left right is underrated

Comment

5 CRAZY THINGS ABOUT YG’S ALBUM “MY KRAZY LIFE”

L.A. rapper YG recently played his debut album My Krazy Life at the Def Jam offices, and along with that comes the wave of new information on the upcoming LP which drops on March 18th. The West Coast is at the forefront of hip hop large in part to the TDE camp, but YG and his go-to producer DJ Mustard also deserve some of that credit as well. Mustard oversaw My Krazy Life, handling the production on most of the LP which ensures that we can receive the signature sound we’ve come to love from YG. According to Fuse, there’s not a bad song here, and even some great ones. So in honor of the album’s title, they put together a brief list of 5 crazy things to get you excited for the release. Check them out below.

1. The Album Is Structured As a “Day in the Life of YG”
                Perhaps the most surprising thing about the album is that it’s loosely structured as a story, though in reality it’s more like a group of scenes linked together by skits. For instance, “Meet the Flockers” is about YG and friends robbing a house—a crime for which he started serving time five-years-and-a-day prior to when the album drops (notice the “03192009″ on the cover’s mocked-up mugshot). That song is followed by the hit single “My Nigga“, a celebratory track about sticking with your crew. The trio of R&B tracks in the album’s middle also take on a linear flow: YG cheats on his girl (“Do It To Ya”), then finds out his girl is cheating on him (“Me & My Bitch”), and then asks, rather menacingly, “Who Do You Love“.

2. You Get a Real Sense of YG’s Identity
                The precedent set by Kendrick Lamar is clear, and you’re likely to hear people call this something like “the gangsta good kid, m.A.A.d city“. It may be a convenient narrative, but Kendrick noticed it, too: YG told the room that Kendrick sees My Krazy Life as “the guy outside the window doing what [Kendrick] was describing” on his album.
                YG’s album isn’t nearly on the thematic level of good kid, but the structure does help you get a better understanding of YG than you might expect, and more than he’s shown on his mixtapes. In the mixtape era (and we’re firmly in the mixtape era), it can be hard for rappers to make a record that doesn’t stray too far from their core sound while still feeling fresh. My Krazy Lifeaccomplishes that deftly.

3. The R&B Songs Are Very Good
                My Krazy Life’s strength is in consistency instead of super-high peaks. Part of the reason for that is because the R&B songs (mentioned above, plus the closer “Sorry Momma”) are all very good. Softening up one’s sound can be a hurdle for rappers who primarily make street rap, and over the past few years we’ve seen artists from Yelawolf to Meek Mill struggle with this. But fortunately for YG, L.A. has a few thugged-out R&B singers (TeeFlii, Ty Dolla $ign) who can provide smooth hooks without coming off as jarring or corny. “Me & My Bitch” with Torey Lanez (a Toronto native who works a lot with L.A. artists) accomplishes what T.I.’s “Why You Wanna” did years ago.

4. DJ Mustard’s Bass
                Ratchet has as much—if not more—in common with Atlanta snap music than it does the g-funk of Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg. At their core, Mustard’s beats are spare and hypnotic. They seem designed to be easily replicated by humming and clicking your tongue. But My Krazy Life clearly shows the influence of the West Coast. Tracks like “Meet the Flockers” and “1am” have deep, deliberate, loping bass notes.

5. Kendrick Lamar’s Verse on “Really Be (Smokin N Drinkin)”
                G’s track with Kendrick is as somber as this album gets. The title refers to diving into alcohol and drugs after watching your friends get killed, and L.A.’s current king comes through with a personal, twisted verse that works as a prologue to his show-stopping feature on Pusha T’s “Nosetalgia”.

5 Crazy Things About YG's "My Krazy Life" | Album Preview | HowFlyHipHop

Comment

This album should be good. Definitely looking forward to the Kendrick and ScHoolboy/Jay Rock features

Comment

The DJ Mustard production will be dope.

Comment

YG - My Krazy Life (Album Listening Party)

Comment

Originally posted by Nigga View Post
                        YG - My Krazy Life (Album Listening Party)

........fuckkkkkkkk
                        THIS AIN'T NOTHING TO RELATE TO.

last.fm || twitter

Comment

Working...
                        X