Sad Boys/Yung Lean Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad Boys/Yung Lean Appreciation Thread

This guy and his crew are in no way or form 'rappers' in a sense there more dominate in the genre of 'vapourwave' with some influences from rap/hip-hop music

Vaporwave - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

At first i didn't like this guys music at all because i approached it with the impression that it was an attempt at 'rap' music. However, after awhile i did my research and now look at the music in a completely different perspective, the 'trippy' nature of this music is really outstanding and artistic. As a bundle i believe it is meant to serve as an 'experience'.

The production style from the crew is very unique and is obviously the pulling nature of this group i personally thoroughly enjoy it. There is a obvious scope of talent somewhere in the making of this music.

i emphasis that 'Yung Lean' and his crew should not be solely considered or defined as 'rappers' but instead there presence vocally should be considered something that is APART of the music and the experience it provides.

Yung Lean

Yung Sherman (without Yung Lean/vocals)

Yung Gud (without Yung Lean/vocals)

Sad Boys consists of rapper Yung Lean and producers Yung Sherman and Yung Gud. It all started in a park where Yung Lean met Yung Gud and Yung Sherman, they found out they liked the same music and created Hasch Boys. Hasch Boys consisted of a few other people in Sweden, including Gravity Boys/Shield Gang. Lean, Gud and Sherman found out they were the only ones who were active in this crew, so they started Sad Boys. One part of the Sad Boys "culture" is putting 2001,2002,2003 or sometimes 2004 in their song/album titles, because they thought those were the most emotional years. Gravity Boys and Sad Boys are two separate groups, but they share a member, Yung Sherman, who produces for both of the crews. Bladee, Thaiboy Goon and Ecco2k are Gravity Boys' rappers, Yung Sherman and White Armor are Gravity Boys' producers. Ecco2k also produces music under the name of "Aloegarten" and runs a clothing brand named "Alaska", he has also made some videos for Yung Lean and Yung Sherman. Yung Lean & Sad Boys sometimes have very limited merch, working with brands as Mishka and Friday USA. He also recently released his first very own merch collection, as "Sad Boys Entertainment", with Odie Wavy, an associate of Sad Boys, modelling. Creative director of Sad Boys is Max Ronnersjo.

SOURCE: Guide to Sad Boys : sadboys

(This guide has everything you need to know)

Unknown Memory
    Release Date: 23/09/14
    Last edited by Zimmie; 09-03-2014, 02:51 AM.

#FREEVELVET

You like this guy but not Young Thug ?

Comment

Originally posted by YMCMB357 View Post
      You like this guy but not Young Thug ?
      Young Thug is horrible in my eyes he has some good tracks spread here and there (Some More, Hook of Stoner,Hook Of Lifestyle) but all i feel he does is moan into the mic and his homo tendencies are just a little too much for me, i respect his grind though his obviously been through some struggles and its good to see him making it out of that slum and being successful but as an artist he is HORRIBLE.

Yung Lean again i emphasis i don't consider him a rapper at all he is simply apart of the music i see this guys music falling under the genre 'vapourwave' with slight influences of rap music his hooks are great its his verses that bring everything down.

in rapping and lyrical content Young Thug wins, in being artistic and different i give the title to Yung Lean as he and his crew know how to not over do it.

#FREEVELVET

Comment

Kyoto and Yoshi City is pretty dope. Mostly Kyoto.

Other then that I dont like the guys music at all

Comment

too weird for me

Comment

Comment

those beats are dope af

Comment

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatssssssssss uuuuuuuuuuuuuuupppppppppppp

#FREEVELVET

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Late122 View Post
                    yung lean seem cool but them others next to him are straight gorms.

Comment

I've been listening a lot to Yung Lean ever since I heard Ginseng Strip 2002. It's a good mix with dope production, funny and clever lyrics and just the whole Sad Boys theme.

This is probably the song I'm listening to most after all this time.
                      Take it out the wrapper, sit it on the stove
                      Break a gram off and put it in my bitch nose
                      She tells me how it feels, she's numb, she's froze
                      Bitch! wake up and help me cook these o's
                      I gotta get my cake up see all I eat is dough
                      I'm a dangerous mothafucka watch your feets, your toes

Comment

Originally posted by Lil wayne prezident View Post
                        yung lean seem cool but them others next to him are straight gorms.
                        i guess they do come off like that but then again there genius producers.

Originally posted by Iamhiph0p View Post
                        I've been listening a lot to Yung Lean ever since I heard Ginseng Strip 2002. It's a good mix with dope production, funny and clever lyrics and just the whole Sad Boys theme.

This is probably the song I'm listening to most after all this time.

goat song hahaha and yeah dude the whole theme is incredibly dope.

oh yeah and if any of you guys like this trippy type music i found this guy and his pretty good in that genre.

Last edited by Zimmie; 07-27-2014, 03:22 AM.

#FREEVELVET

Comment

Working...
                        X