• Show
Clear All

Re: Ways to attempt to improve Tha Studio

On the real?

three subforums

written

instrumental

and audio/actual rapping/singing etc.

and each can have its little battles and shit go on in there. producers stick to instrumental, writers go to written, and rappers go to audio/actual rapping. And then if theres a tournament for said forum, it just goes into its proper one.

and no offense but what does winning points exactly do for you?

Comment

This is what I had in mind when I requested the Written and Battles subforums:

The written subforum would be for all written raps, poems, and other types of writing, but mainly raps as this is Tha Studio. The reason I think it needs its own subforum is that many writers on this site are not getting any feedback on their work. It is hard to get feedback on your writtens when they all have to go into a single thread. Therefor there would be no official threads in the Written subforum. If it was implemented however we would need to setup a policy to keep the feedback and work fluent. If you are a writer or you would really like this please respond in this thread so we can get this subforum up.

The battles subforum would be for all battles whether they are written or audio. I think we could either have a set of rules for each battle or the challenger makes the rules, but it's whatever Bliss and Safe want to do. This would most definitely bring more competition. I don't think that any official tournaments should go in the battles section though because they are part of the entire "Tha Studio" section.

The main section would be for all official threads, mixtapes, audios, etc. Basically anything except the things listed above.

@Prezidential - The reason for the point system is to make things interesting. As of now there is not a reward for winning these tournaments except bragging rights. When Tha Studio gets bigger we will begin to hold paid tournaments, but as of now Tha Studio is to small for that. Also, I don't like your idea of having battles in each section. Would make things pretty unorganized. I definitely prefer having a battles section.

Also, maybe there is a need for a Producers subforum after all. I'm all for anything that will improve Tha Studio.

Comment

Originally posted by Artille
        This is what I had in mind when I requested the Written and Battles subforums:

The written subforum would be for all written raps, poems, and other types of writing, but mainly raps as this is Tha Studio. The reason I think it needs its own subforum is that many writers on this site are not getting any feedback on their work. It is hard to get feedback on your writtens when they all have to go into a single thread. Therefor there would be no official threads in the Written subforum. If it was implemented however we would need to setup a policy to keep the feedback and work fluent. If you are a writer or you would really like this please respond in this thread so we can get this subforum up.

The battles subforum would be for all battles whether they are written or audio. I think we could either have a set of rules for each battle or the challenger makes the rules, but it's whatever Bliss and Safe want to do. This would most definitely bring more competition. I don't think that any official tournaments should go in the battles section though because they are part of the entire "Tha Studio" section.

The main section would be for all official threads, mixtapes, audios, etc. Basically anything except the things listed above.

@Prezidential - The reason for the point system is to make things interesting. As of now there is not a reward for winning these tournaments except bragging rights. When Tha Studio gets bigger we will begin to hold paid tournaments, but as of now Tha Studio is to small for that. Also, I don't like your idea of having battles in each section. Would make things pretty unorganized. I definitely prefer having a battles section.

Also, maybe there is a need for a Producers subforum after all. I'm all for anything that will improve Tha Studio.
        So like four subforums then? :suprised:

battles, producers, written, rappers

and all battles for each genre happen in battles.

im understanding this correctly, yes?

Comment

Creating a Writers subforum is a good idea but I highly doubt that will help with the feedback scenario.... If you look in tha studio now you can see that feedback is a problem for everyone in this section not just the writers. Prez or who ever it is had plenty of listens but no feedback and I've seen other new members with alotta views but no post in there thread and there not wirttens or beats there audios. So what makes you think making subforums is gonna help with the feedback problem? I'm not against it but I'm trying to see how this will help with feedback and help bring more ppl here if we cant even get members to drop feedback on newer or any members stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Herring
            Creating a Writers subforum is a good idea but I highly doubt that will help with the feedback scenario.... If you look in tha studio now you can see that feedback is a problem for everyone in this section not just the writers. Prez or who ever it is had plenty of listens but no feedback and I've seen other new members with alotta views but no post in there thread and there not wirttens or beats there audios. So what makes you think making subforums is gonna help with the feedback problem? I'm not against it but I'm trying to see how this will help with feedback and help bring more ppl here if we cant even get members to drop feedback on newer or any members stuff?
            We could make a system where you must give feedback before you can get feedback in all sections.

Comment

Isn't this forum moving to VBulletin, because I think they have point systems built in don't they

Comment

Originally posted by WeEeEeEzZzZyYy
                Isn't this forum moving to VBulletin, because I think they have point systems built in don't they
                WERE MOVING TO VBULLITEN?!?!?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by prezidential
                  Not confirmed yet, but more than likely. It all depends on when Danny has time and does more research.

Comment

Originally posted by Artille
                    Originally posted by prezidential
                    Not confirmed yet, but more than likely. It all depends on when Danny has time and does more research.
                    Yayyyyyy, Vbulliten for the mother fucking win. Shits so much better, if it vouches for anything. I vote Vbulliten

Comment

Hence why I only think we need a battle subforum right now.

If we have just that one we may be able to bring more people into the studio and get them voting and leaving feedback then we can expand to a written subforum etc....

Comment

Working...
                      X