Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who are your biggest influences in Hip Hop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who are your biggest influences in Hip Hop?

Thats right, lol.... I know we are on a Lil Wayne forum but, Im sure ppl have a diverse choice in other artist that influence them besides wayne... Pretty much what do those certain artist do and for you as a person and lyricist?

Re: Who are your biggest influences in Hip Hop?

Kanye. For whatever amount of hate people have for him, that Ye knows how to craft good music. Lyrically he's a beast. I can't tell you how many times I have put college dropout or late registration on repeat, all day long, and not be annoyed. Those joints are timeless...

Comment

I have to be honest, I am not influenced by Tupac, Biggie, Eazy-E, etc. I am inspired by Lil Wayne and Eminem the most.

Eminem because he is the only white rapper that is actually popular and can't stand up to great rappers like Jay-Z, Lil Wayne, etc. So I look up to him in that aspect of hiphop. I also love his gruesome lyrics (you know what I mean). Slitting throats, killing his wife in a form of a song. I just love his creativity.

Lil Wayne because he is on top of the game. So why not look up to the best in the game. My goal would be to reach his level one day. Also his lyrics, punchlines, flow, etc. He fits all categories that I would like to fill. I also love the energy he brings on every track.

Other rappers such as Young Jeezy and The Game influence me because they are as real as it gets. Ludacris because he has a high energy and has crazy punchlines.

Comment

Jay-Z Lil Wayne Pac
        They just gettin lucky 4 leaf Clover-Im High Off Life these Ni#gaz is Sober-Mercy

Comment

Wayne
          Bone Thugs
          Nas
          Eminem
          Lupe
          Young Money

Y.O.L.O

Comment

I wasnt that much of a hiphop head back then. I didnt start listening to rap like that until 2004, and that was the same year I decided to use windows sound recorder to do some a little rhyming of my own. I first started listening to Eminem and a whole lot of detroit recording artists because i thought they had something special. The first CD I ever purchased was D12 World back in 04.I began to isolate myself from the world and listen to Eminem non stop (Shady LP, Marshell Mathers LP, D12 World, Devil's Night, 8 mile and most of his underground shit during Infinite). It went from Eminem to D12 to Slum Village to The Almighty Drednaughts and Royce Da 59. I teamed up w/ this Asian kid and started going over his house to spit some wack ass freestyles after school every other day. The both under the allias of MC Morphine and Dragun. We just recorded songs on sound recorder and posted them on Kazaa for download. I got so wrapped up in trying to be a better MC that i bought mad books and DVDs on artists to see what motivated them (Eminem AKA, Wu Tang Manual, Eminem's Angry Blonde, Eminem's The Way I Am, 50 Cent from Peaces To Weight, DMX's E.A.R.L., Fade To Black;etc). I listened to a lifetime of hip hop in 6 years.

MCs I fuck w/: Black Milk, Stacee Adams, Bishop Lamont, Yelawolf, Pill, Freddie Gibbs, Joell Ortiz, Joe Budden, Crooked I (since 05), J.Cole, Children Of The Corn,Siagon, Boo, Rah Digga, Young Zee, Pacewon, Pack FM, Nature, ISelfDevine, Stat Quo, Quan, Tupac, Nas, Jay Z, Eminem, Sticky Fingaz, AZ, Masta Killa, GZA, The Dogg Pound, The Luniz, De La Soul, The Roots, Jean Grae, Truck North, Mobb Deep, Copywrite, Common, Elzhi, The Little Brother, Lil Wayne, Capone and Noreaga, Cassidy, Cyssero, Drake, The Beatnutz, Immortal Technique, The Clipse, Sandman, Ab Liva, Hollowman, Ludacris, Andre 3000, Big Boi, Cee Lo, Foxy Brown, The Boot Camp Clik, Snoop Dogg, 2 Short, Lil Kim, Lauryn Hill(no one fuckin w/ her), MF Doom, Lord Quas, J Dilla, DMX, Royce The 5 9, Jadakiss, Weerd Science, Slick Rick, A Tribe Called Quest, Field Mob, Young Jeezy, Bun B, Pimp C, Short Dawg, Pastor Troy, Cannibal Ox, Curren$y, Lupe Fiasco, GLC, Big Sean, Bone Thugs In Harmony and a hell of alot more MCs than i could ever think of

my inspirational albums:
            Black Milk
            Big Pun Capital Punishment
            Big Pun Endangered Species
            DMX Its Dark And Hell Is Hot
            Mobb Deep's The Infamous
            The Firm
            Jadakiss Kiss The Game Goodbye
            Terror Squad the album
            The Roots Tipping Point
            The Roots Game Theory
            Tupac and The Outlaws And Still I Rise
            Eminem The Slim Shady LP
            Eminem Infinite
            Shady Presents The Re Up
            Mos Def Black On Both Sides
            Kanye College Late Registration
            Jay Z's The Black Album
            Jay Z's BluePrint 2
            Nas Illmatic
            T.I. I'm Serious
            T.I. Trap Muzik
            T.I. Ti vs Tip
            Slum Village Detroit Deli
            Proof's Searching for Jerry Garcia
            D12 Devil's Night
            50 Cent's Get Rich Or Die Tryin
            Outkast Aquemini
            Outkast Atliens
            Wyclef's The Carnival
            Fugees The Score
            Mad Villian's Madvilliany
            Wutang 36 Chambers
            Scarface's The Fix
            Geto Boys The Foundation
            Dungeon Family Soul Food
            Jedi Minds Kings in Hell, Servents In Heaven
            Lil Wayne's Carter 2
            Slick Rick The Art of Storytelling

Comment

Kanye West Bring A Certain Style In His Beats, Weezy Only 'Cause He's Different, Drake Before He Went Commercial, Ryan Leslie For What He Accomplished (I Mean He Went To Harward At 14-16.. Wow) Andre 3000 So I Guess We Could Say I'm Really Diverse And That's Actually The Advice I Give To EVERYBODY: Be Diverse In What You Do

Let go, life does get tough
              No need to stress
              Hold you back too much
              -KiD CuDi-

Comment

Andre 3000 - The man is extremely underrated, he is an amazing lyricist and has a tremendous ability to produce great music.

Wayne - The punchline God. No-one can come out with the stuff he does in the form of metaphors etc...

Tech N9ne - He has a diverse flow that can change multiple times in one verse.

Comment

Weezy & Shady, others that influenced me too a bit: T.I. & T-Pain

''They say they want the drugs to stop but imma major setback when my album drop''

Comment

TIP Weezy Wiz Luda & Cassidy
                    RunTellDat!!:Mays '91 The ALBUM 4th Qtr.2012
                    Follow Me On Twitter @HiMyNameIsShawn

Comment

Originally posted by ItzTheRemixShawty!
                      Why people fuck w/ Wiz like that? He aint even really that talented.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilliedakid
                        Originally posted by ItzTheRemixShawty!
                        Why people fuck w/ Wiz like that? He aint even really that talented.
                        WTF!
                        Wiz is so sick! one off th illest' in the game right now. IMO.

On topic:

i would say that 50 cent's Get rich or die tryin and eminems ''Loose Yourself'' was the album and the song that made me into hiphop.
                        then since Wayne, Jay, Kanye, T.I. & The Game have been the leaders for me in hip hop.

the newest member to the club is my man Wiz Khalifa!

Comment

Working...
                        X