Best recording program.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best recording program.

I'm starting to get serious with this music making hobby of mine and I need a better recording program. Which one does Lil Wayne use?

Also, what mic. does he use? I know it's probably too expensive, so what mic. do you recommend?

Re: Best recording program.

*Moved to Tha Studio because you will probably get more help there.*

I personally don't know what mic he uses, but I'm pretty sure he uses Pro Tools for his recording software. Most members in YM, and rappers in general, use Pro Tools.

Comment

Originally posted by Daigo
      I'm starting to get serious with this music making hobby of mine and I need a better recording program. Which one does Lil Wayne use?

Also, what mic. does he use? I know it's probably too expensive, so what mic. do you recommend?
      I'd tell you to cop a pro tools bundle w/ a nice interface. If you are gonna record out of your closet make sure you put some acoustic foam in that bitch or put a reflexion filter behind the mic. Cop you a nice cardiod condenser mic (like a Rode NT1A or an NT2A-they come w/ pop filters).
      Protools bundle that i bought from musicians friend costed 400 bucks
      it came w/ an mbox mini interface, two monitors, an MXL 990 w/ shock mount , some XLR chords, a mic stand, ProTool LE
      You can purchase an NT1A for 250 (It comes w/ a dvd and its own shock mount and pop filter)

Comment

Wayne/YM uses mostly Pro Tools to record. If they aren't using that, they are using Logic.

Note: If you want to get serious be ready to spend some serious mulah

Comment

Working...
        X