In America [Revised+Updated Verse]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In America [Revised+Updated Verse]

Please enjoy this verse I wrote a while back and posted on HQ. This is an updated, revised, and longer verse than my previous version of this verse (Formerly "Economy"). I am in the process of writing my other two verses and an amazing chorus.

--------------------------------------------------

My dudes use to ride around in brand new whips
    And they never gave a shit about politics
    Then Bush stepped in office and fucked up shit
    Now we gotta rely on Barack to make the fix
    Struggling to pay bills and keep a house
    Money's real tight when you come from the South
    Tryna figure out what you wanna be
    But you can't do shit in this economy
    Since the recession the money's been tight
    It no longer matters if you're black or white
    We need someone to get us out of this hole
    That requires everyone to play their role
    Working a nine to five on minimum wage
    The government takes half, leaving you in a rage
    But you can't do shit like a beast in a cage
    Cause they go by the book and wrote every page
    They lock you down so you can't succeed
    And so you can't get what you want and need
    The stock market's crashing a blazing speed
    We need change now, we can't wait for the next breed
    So the next generation won't take over the debt
    We're all players in the game, and the game is set
    We can't give up, we gotta do what we can
    Step one, take the troops out of Iraq and Afghan

--------------------------------------------------

Thoughts, criticism, and feedback are wanted and would be much appreciated. I hope you enjoyed this verse because it is from the heart and I took my time on it.

FB4FB (Feedback 4 Feedback) - You comment on mine, I will comment on yours.

Thank you,
    Artille

Re: In America [Revised+Updated Verse]

Since this is your own song which is what you want it to be I'm not going to say much except it does matter if you're a minority and I don't think you realize that Obama and them aren't taking some of the steps they said they'd overturn that they bashed Bush for.

It was okay.
    I like the color contrasts

Comment

doug its t8
      FREE K!

Comment

Originally posted by Enigma
        Since this is your own song which is what you want it to be I'm not going to say much except it does matter if you're a minority and I don't think you realize that Obama and them aren't taking some of the steps they said they'd overturn that they bashed Bush for.

It was okay.
        I don't want to make this writing into a "FUCK Bush, PRAISE Obama" type thread, but I would like to point out that Obama has only been in office for a little over a year and already passed a stimulus package and a health care bill. The health care bill is HUGE and obviously the stimulus failed, but that doesn't matter. And in most cases, especially the South, it use to matter about skin color and race. It really still does, just not as much.

Anyways I'm going to quit rambling now. I would like to thank you for actually reading it and leaving decent feedback as well as your opinion.

Also, thank you R. D.

Comment

I really think you should just start recording, but nice work tho dude.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsYNR
            I really think you should just start recording, but nice work tho dude.
            I would, but I don't have the money for a high quality mic.

Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

It felt boring to me. It had a nice flow and a good topic but it was too simple in my opinion. I'm not saying start throwing in metaphors but just change the construction of lines so one line may be 2 or 3 short sentences that you can use as impact like bang bang bang and then another the same.

Example
              "We need someone to get us out of this hole
              That requires everyone to play their role"

to

"Someone get us out this hole, we gotta go,
              Not ending up on the dole, we gotta play our role"

It just needs some re-wording to make it more impactful in my opinion, right now it drones on using simple English and doesn't really have any hard hitting lines to it. Just give it some more work and if you want to then change it a bit, if not then it's your choice but I feel it needs to be recorded so you could hear emotion to it which may be a big boost. You don't need some expensive ass mic though.

Comment

Yeah I understand what you are talking about with the rewording, but I tried to stay away from that in this piece. I felt it was a more serious topic and want to be straight up.

Thanks for the detailed feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by Artille
                  Yeah I understand what you are talking about with the rewording, but I tried to stay away from that in this piece. I felt it was a more serious topic and want to be straight up.

Yeah like I said, it's your choice if you feel rewording it would help, I just feel it's too simple and plain though, it's serious so I would make it more dramatic with short sharp lines as there is no use of punchlines in it. The execution of snappy lines would fill the space of no punchlines but would still keep the seriousness of the topic and they can also display anger in them which makes it more emotionally driven

Comment

Originally posted by Artille

Now you sound like you're writing an English paper.
                    I like the color contrasts

Comment

Obamas health care is going to fuck up this country. I voted for him, he's totally lost my support though.

Comment

Working...
                      X