• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Killa (Mixtape) by MC_Crary

Killa
    MC_Crary

This is my 13 mixtape. Hope you enjoy.

Re: Killa (Mixtape) by MC_Crary

Killa - nice beat! liked your flow, chill but with energy.. lyrics were good too bro, and the hook was okay. 3.8/5
    What We Talkin' Bout - nice beat again! Flow was great, nice word play, lyrics were nice too. 4.7/5
    GPB (Georgia Public Broadcast) - Gave feedback already.
    Still High - Flow was good but off at times, i didnt like the hook but good you made your own, lyrics were good bro 3/5
    Inkredible - Gave feedback already.
    G Shit - Flow was good but fell off a few times, lyrics were cool but idk what they had to do with the hook. 3.5/5
    Darth Vader - Didnt like the flow dat much, nice lyrics tho.. I didnt get the name of the song except the sounds at the beginning. 3/5
    Slow Motion - Flow didnt fit the beat but it wasnt bad or off you feel me? nice song for the ladies. liked the hook 3.5/5
    Come On Baby - Flow was okay, I liked the lyrics better. the ending was cool haha 3.5/5
    Real As It Gets - Liked the flow the background sounds were a lil too loud so it messed me upa lil at times, nice lyrics bro! 4.5/5
    Holla At Me - I like you rapping fast but this was off, the lyrics were decent.. also I dont know why you left half the song empty 2/5
    Fuck Wishes (I'm Gone) - Switching flows and beat was cool, lyrics were pretty good, liked the second part better, it was good 3.8/5
    Shoot Me Down - Flow was nice, on beat, good, lyrics were good too. couldve ended a little harder at the end of the verses 4.5/5
    Star is Born - Gave feedback already.
    Barry Bonds - All verses were good & flow was nice,the hook didnt work for me that much, it was okay... lyrics on each verse were nice! 4/5
    La Fin - Liked the beginning haha, nice way to end it,flow was nice, lyrics were interesting pretty good. 4/5

Over all - 8/10

Other - I liked you didnt put like 30 songs on it, that sometimes makes ppl not wanna listen closely since there are so many songs. uhmm people look out when he gets a new mic haha, this time I judged on everything but the quality bc I know your working on it. Good shit bro, well put together mixtape.. it seemed like u took ur time with it so that's good. OH, also next mixtape I hope to see more deep songs, i hope all you're rapping is real shit bc it's best rapping real stuff.. not imitating rappers talking abt the same things.. i think youre doing pretty good i sense realism in your lyrics I expect to see a few personal songs tho. Hope next mixtape keeps getting better.

Last edited by Jamerson; 06-25-2010, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Thanks for listening bro and thats the most in-depth review I've gotten on anything. And yeah everythings real, just tellin my story you know? There will definately be more deep songs on the next tape too. I just kinda feel like Ive been storing away my best stuff cause I want it to be heard. Like you know if I was dropping my best shit and nobody could hear it because of my mic, I'd feel like it was a waste lol. Already started writing, should be getting my new mic in the next three weeks or so. Killa Pt.2 should be coming in the next month or two. It's gonna be a beast.

Comment

that makes sense. and good shit, what mic you getting ? and btw fave song: What We Talkin' About

40+ views... wheres the feedback?
        Last edited by Jamerson; 06-26-2010, 12:57 AM.

Comment

Buy MXL MXL 990 USB Powered Condenser Microphone | Condenser Microphones | USB Microphones | Musician's Friend

Comment

that's a good mic bro, ill be on the look out for ur next mixtape.

Comment

58 views and 1 reply, where's the constructive criticism guys? Atleast check out one song.

Comment

Downloading now, sorry I'm so late. I will give an in depth review in about an hour I guess when I'm done listening.

Killa
                Flow: The flow was mostly consistent throughout the song, but had a couple slip ups.
                Lyrics: The lyrics were very good. This is what I like to hear.
                Other Notes: Good intro to your mixtape. Has me wanting to hear the rest.
                Overall/Rating: 4.5/5

What We Talkin Bout
                Flow: Once a
                Lyrics: The lyrics were good just like the last song.
                Other Notes: Nice choice, I like this Jay-Z instrumental. So far this mixtape is good, can't wait to hear more.
                Overall/Rating: 5/5

G.P.B.
                I already gave you my thoughts on this song in it's individual thread.

Still High
                Flow: Kind of off at times, but it wasn't too bad.
                Lyrics: Please don't try to sing again lol. The verses were decent.
                Other Notes: Another good choice for an instrumental. I dislike the singing... A LOT
                Overall/Rating: 2.5/5

Will give the rest of my feedback later. I don't have the time right now, but for the most part so far so good.
                Last edited by Artille; 06-26-2010, 07:36 PM.

Comment

C'mon Artille, the singing wasn't that bad was it lol?

Comment

Killa - Wasnt feeling it. Didnt get the rhyme scheme. Lyrics are nothing special. 3/10
                    What We Talkin' Bout - Beat was nice. Flow wasnt that good really to me. Lyrics still really simple. "Me" "See" "Be" etc 3/10
                    G.P.B. (Georgia Public Broadcast) - Beginning was cool. Hook was eh. Lyrics are still elementary. 4/10
                    Still High - Autotune doesnt work for you imo. Flow falls off alot. Rhyme schemes still weird lolll. Lyrics still need improvement. 2/10
                    G Shit - This song was the best i heard on your mixtape so far. Started good, then fell off. Lyrics still not up to par. Nothing i havent heard before. 4/10

No offense homie. I had to stop here though. Mixtape wasnt really good to me. Lyrics were really elementary. Never heard any good multie syllable lines. All were rhyming words as complex as me, be, see, he, etc. You need to work on lyrics some. You have the content in some places, but still needs work. Also, i see you try to throw in a couple punchlines. But they're all punchlines ive heard before at some time. "At there head like lice", "On there chest like sweaters", etc. Nothing stood out in the lyrics department except you spit some real lines here and there. Flow is really eh to me as well. You do these weird pauses in between lines at some points. I understand if its in the middle of a line or something, but how you do it throws me off. Also, you say this is your 13th mixtape, but i dont see any extraordinary parts of your songs. I would think that by this many mixtapes you'd be killin' it off the charts. I say maybe start working on things i mentioned above. Quality still needs work too. Sorry if you think im hatin'... Just telling the truth.

protect dunston at all costs

Comment

Haha I don't think you're hating bro. It's your opinion, everybody gets one. And thanks for listening. Maybe you'll like the next one lol.

Comment

Originally posted by MC_Crary View Post
                        Haha I don't think you're hating bro. It's your opinion, everybody gets one. And thanks for listening. Maybe you'll like the next one lol.
                        Just work on what i said Thats just MY opinion though, its apparent by other feedback that others do like your music alot. It just doesnt appeal to me. Hoping you will work on some things soon though

protect dunston at all costs

Comment

Working...
                        X