Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vietnam Da Vet feat. Z!Greatest & Skywalka- So Much Pain (Old School Style)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vietnam Da Vet feat. Z!Greatest & Skywalka- So Much Pain (Old School Style)

Over on Shadowville my man Vietnam hit me up to do the hook on his new song, and I decided to lace it down with a vocal. His homie Skywalka is on the third. I think it's a decent story telling track and it's something a bit more personal and raw.

YouTube - Vietnam Da Vet feat. Z!Greatest & Skywalka - So Much Pain

My two feedbacks are the "jerking beat" and Sentus' newest Angel Caw one.

http://www.lilwaynehq.com/forums/tha...type-beat.html
    http://www.lilwaynehq.com/forums/tha...ngels-caw.html
    Last edited by Z!Greatest; 03-07-2011, 06:12 PM.
    Ziggy B

Re: Vietnam Da Vet feat. Z!Greatest & Skywalka- So Much Pain (Old School Style)

No offense, but your hook ruined the whole vibe of the song.

protect dunston at all costs

Comment

Putting aside the fact you blatantly dislike me, how is that in any way constructive?
      Ziggy B

Comment

Originally posted by Z!Greatest View Post
        Putting aside the fact you blatantly dislike me, how is that in any way constructive?
        Wtf are you talking about? I dislike you? Lol. Wasn't I the one commenting on your threads when you first started posting your music here? Oh yeah, I was. The song was good till you came in, IMO. Constructive criticism eh? Autotune or flanger was annoying, your notes seemed off. You were slurring words or something, could barely understand it. Quality was worse than the rest of the song.

Oh & follow the rules please.

"2. In order to prove that you have given legit feedback on two written or audio tracks you must post both links at the bottom of your original post. If you do not post two links that lead to your feedback within ten minutes of posting your song your thread will be deleted."

protect dunston at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by THP850 View Post
          Wtf are you talking about? I dislike you? Lol. Wasn't I the one commenting on your threads when you first started posting your music here? Oh yeah, I was. The song was good till you came in, IMO. Constructive criticism eh? Autotune or flanger was annoying, your notes seemed off. You were slurring words or something, could barely understand it. Quality was worse than the rest of the song.

Oh & follow the rules please.

"2. In order to prove that you have given legit feedback on two written or audio tracks you must post both links at the bottom of your original post. If you do not post two links that lead to your feedback within ten minutes of posting your song your thread will be deleted."
          Maybe I read you wrong then, I've had bad vibes from you ever since I said you were offbeat on a freestyle. Sure maybe I read it wrong but that's the vibe you were giving off, I just assumed you ain't cool with me.

Secondly I appreciate you think it doesn't fit with the vibe, that's fine, but to say I hite the wrong notes ain't correct lol, regardless of how you rate the hook structurally or vocally, it's in tune.

Thirdly I'll update it with links in 5 minutes, just need a cup of tea lol.
          Last edited by Z!Greatest; 03-07-2011, 05:51 PM.
          Ziggy B

Comment

^^ argument aside..

Song is pretty tight, i like the instrumental, tbh i agree the hook would be so much nicer without the autotune im not hating with that comment either just saying the vibe of the song sounded illl till the hook kicked in , i mean the hook definalty works but coulda been alot nicer with a reall good singer doing it without autotune, i was feeling ALL the verses lyrics are nice and the quality is pretty tight too !!!
            over all 4.5/5 verses salvaged the song and the concept was sick

Comment

You // Flow: A // Lyrics: A

Overall: 3.5/5, What kills your hook is that there's no harmonizing to it. There's no depth. It's sung and recorded well, but there's nothing to give it depth that makes it sounds 100% legit. Listen to the last guy's vocals in some headphones and you'll notice his good mastering to his verse. Hook needs better mastering too I think. Hope this helps

Comment

Alrighty lads, thanks for the feedback. @Gibbsy I thought I might have OTTd on the autotune considering the old school vibe, your right. I appreciate you think it's a good hook though even though I could have went for a more authentic and less flashy vibe. Appreciate the feed dawg.

@Mykill, thanks for the dope feed as usual, your bang on about harmonizing, does seem a lil dry. I really need some mastering tips, I always try put the vocal in the middle but it's tough when you have a full beat as one sound file and not the drums/piano etc seperate. Harder to mix it in.

'Preciated as ever though MK.
                Ziggy B

Comment

Working...
                X