Hytek - Bad Dreams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hytek - Bad Dreams

Kept having nightmares so I figured I'd make a song about it . Enjoy!

Lol the universe of the song, good melody also. Production is solid... Maybe the vocal is a little bit too Mono, maybe a Doubler or plugin to widen the spatial field of the music would good. But very good song.
    Did you put some parallel compressor to support the vocal?.

Only little things is that you tag Rock, but i'd say it's not rock at all ^^ By the way, Harmonies are pretty munch on point and good ending of the music with the storm and the vocal who're pitch down at the end!

Comment

Fire song for many reasons, including the relatable concept.

The sound pulled me in but your content kept me engaged and looking forward to the next line.

My recommendation takes the form of a question that you shouldn't feel obligated to answer:

Have you experimented with using less autotune, lately?
      I wonder what it might sound like if small sections you used your regular voice.
      Doesn't have to be much, considering your brand.
      Which also works very well. It's clear throughout your catalogue.

I specifically recognized how you had great adlibs. They connected well and work naturally throughout the song.

Do you have more on the way?

Comment

Originally posted by stall-v View Post
        Lol the universe of the song, good melody also. Production is solid... Maybe the vocal is a little bit too Mono, maybe a Doubler or plugin to widen the spatial field of the music would good. But very good song.
        Did you put some parallel compressor to support the vocal?.

Only little things is that you tag Rock, but i'd say it's not rock at all ^^ By the way, Harmonies are pretty munch on point and good ending of the music with the storm and the vocal who're pitch down at the end!
        thanks man! & i am unfortunately recording with a 10$ logitech headset from ebay in like 2009 so i do the best i can with what i got lmao but i'll look for a plugin that can do that & see if it makes a difference. but yeah i use acoustica mixcraft & just throw like some shitty compressor on my vocals. i'm not great with the mixing/mastering aspect of music i care more about lyrics/vocals/harmonies/etc which i work really fucking hard on & then by the end of it i get exhausted trying to put it all together & have it sound perfect so i just kinda wing it.

& yeah idfk why i tagged rock it's not rock at all lmao but thank you so much!! the reason i put the thunder is pretty stupid but i sleep at night with rain/thunder sounds or else i cant fall asleep so i figured id just throw them in the song to make it more personal for me at least. but i appreciate your input & kind words man happy easter!

Comment

Originally posted by lil waynespeare View Post
          Fire song for many reasons, including the relatable concept.

The sound pulled me in but your content kept me engaged and looking forward to the next line.

My recommendation takes the form of a question that you shouldn't feel obligated to answer:

Have you experimented with using less autotune, lately?
          I wonder what it might sound like if small sections you used your regular voice.
          Doesn't have to be much, considering your brand.
          Which also works very well. It's clear throughout your catalogue.

I specifically recognized how you had great adlibs. They connected well and work naturally throughout the song.

Do you have more on the way?
          thank you so much dude i appreciate it!
          & yeah i have but i am super self conscious about my voice so whenever i lower it a lot i get paranoid & think i sound off key or weird so i turn it back up. it's not on hard either i always leave it on soft mode, but when i add a bunch of harmonies & backing vocals it naturally makes it sound like theres 100x more autotune than there really is.

thank you so much for the compliments tho dude i really appreciate it, i kind of just do it as a hobby & i have a bunch of tracks that are just sitting finished on my pc but again i get self conscious & dont like posting them a lot cuz i feel like im gonna get flamed for them lmao idk. its hard to explain. but thanks again man & happy easter!

Comment

Originally posted by TrukDaWurl77 View Post

thank you so much dude i appreciate it!
            & yeah i have but i am super self conscious about my voice so whenever i lower it a lot i get paranoid & think i sound off key or weird so i turn it back up. it's not on hard either i always leave it on soft mode, but when i add a bunch of harmonies & backing vocals it naturally makes it sound like theres 100x more autotune than there really is.

thank you so much for the compliments tho dude i really appreciate it, i kind of just do it as a hobby & i have a bunch of tracks that are just sitting finished on my pc but again i get self conscious & dont like posting them a lot cuz i feel like im gonna get flamed for them lmao idk. its hard to explain. but thanks again man & happy easter!
            The truth is you are your biggest critic. We all are to ourselves. Everyone is extremely self-conscious, especially about their artistic creations. Fact is, we have to push through regardless of what the voice in our head is saying (I call mine the imposter because he has no clue what the hell he's talking about). It's a form of resistance we have to push past. True success is found in effort and progression. Even if the attempts result in "failure" there is success in trying and knowledge in what was learned.

Which brings me to my next thought: allow me to encourage you to start releasing those tracks you're sitting on. I hope you're still making music if even on the "hobby" level. You will continue to be successful if you put in the continue moving forward. Your numbers have already shown you.

Final thought, don't get caught up in the "algorithm hustle" either. Just do what naturally comes to you and have fun.

Just encouragement, no pressure.

I hope to see a new song from you in Tha Studio, soon.

Thank you for sharing!

Comment

Working...
            X