Redbuilding Tha Studio... Again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redbuilding Tha Studio... Again!

Well guys now that Tha Studio is starting to get a wide variety of rappers it's time to make it even bigger. Lets brainstorm and come up with solutions to make Tha Studio more active daily. Right now, rappers give feedback only when they have a new project out. I want all artists to come here to socialize, participate in events, and most importantly receive feedback that will benefit them and their music. So, lets get all ideas from members. Gonna sticky this for about a week so we can get a lot of discussion. Let the ideas begin...

Re: Redbuilding Tha Studio... Again!

how about a weekly "cypher"... put a beat out, and come back with the verses at the end of the week. maybe a "HQ" mixtape. dunno whats been done before/talked about before. just thought it (something like it) could be a cool idea.

(?)

Comment

Originally posted by Kronnick View Post
      how about a weekly "cypher"... put a beat out, and come back with the verses at the end of the week. maybe a "HQ" mixtape. dunno whats been done before/talked about before. just thought it (something like it) could be a cool idea.

(?)
      An HQ mixtape.... nice idea! Weekly cypher might be too much and would certainly be ended quickly out of laziness. We could hold a different event every week or possibly just one event per month.

Comment

Originally posted by Artille View Post
        An HQ mixtape.... nice idea! Weekly cypher might be too much and would certainly be ended quickly out of laziness. We could hold a different event every week or possibly just one event per month.

once a month would work much better, given the "motivation" of most of the artists. i could certainly keep an eye out for any "contests" (IE: Brisco Feature Contest) and post it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Kronnick View Post
          once a month would work much better, given the "motivation" of most of the artists. i could certainly keep an eye out for any "contests" (IE: Brisco Feature Contest) and post it up.
          Wow, that would be really helpful. A lot of artists here should appreciate that. And yeah most (including myself) don't put out as much music as we could.

Comment

I agree with everything said in this thread. we need to get more social and active (and competition)

Comment

There was always my quick rap battle idea. Quick deadlines so that people HAD to make em or they were out. Three tier, easy clean up. If we could get 8, i could try it again

Comment

Originally posted by mykill View Post
                There was always my quick rap battle idea. Quick deadlines so that people HAD to make em or they were out. Three tier, easy clean up. If we could get 8, i could try it again
                Alright we'll give that a shot. I'm down for anything.

---------- Post added 06-16-2011 at 12:13 AM ---------- Previous post was 06-15-2011 at 07:24 PM ----------

Here's a few quick things I want changed and want to see done in Tha Studio ASAP:

-Edit Feedback Rules: to be more convenient to users and less strict on format. We just need to make sure members are giving constructive criticism in their feedback. Like I said, I want this to be a place rappers want to post their work up on to improve. I also don't want rappers to be scared to post their music, so we need to keep feedback friendly, but honest.

-Monthly Events: Hold tournaments, awards, and all other events once per month. Example of how this could work, below:
                Month 1 -> Cypher
                Month 2 -> Random Event
                Month 3 -> Full Tournament
                Month 4 -> Awards (seasonal)

-Awards: Lets create an award program specifically for Tha Studio held seasonally. With honest and fair judges as well as proper categories

Comment

Lets do that small tourny I mentioned in the Studio Index the other week. I'll talk to you on Skype about a beat Artille.

protect dunston at all costs

Comment

1. Make a LWHQ Youtube channel for its artists
                    2. Let people submit 16's/collabs to upload to the channel at will
                    3. Every 20-some tracks compile them into a LWHQ mixtape

I've seen this formula work.
                    Get a lot of subscribers to the channel by getting the link posted on the mainpage and people will sign up like crazy to release 16's and collabs through it.

Comment

Originally posted by Coleon View Post
                      1. Make a LWHQ Youtube channel for its artists
                      2. Let people submit 16's/collabs to upload to the channel at will
                      3. Every 20-some tracks compile them into a LWHQ mixtape

I've seen this formula work.
                      Get a lot of subscribers to the channel by getting the link posted on the mainpage and people will sign up like crazy to release 16's and collabs through it.
                      YouTube - ‪ThaStudioHQ's Channel‬‏

Just created, I like the idea. Lets get it built up. Only problem would be linking it on the homepage cause i know danny would disagree with that.

Comment

I like the idea of doing a Cypher every month..that would be cool

Comment

Working...
                        X