BlakeJay - "Histories Books"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BlakeJay - "Histories Books"

This is my newest song ive recently recored. I hope you gyus enjoy it. It's called "Histories Books"

btw follow me on Twitter (will follow back) and Retweet the song if you like it. Thanks in advance

Feedback
    http://www.lilwaynehq.com/forums/tha...tml#post584208
    http://www.lilwaynehq.com/forums/tha...tml#post584009

*This thread will be stickied for about a week!

Official Cover

Props to WIC on the cover once again!
    Last edited by BlakeJay; 07-27-2011, 05:31 PM.

Re: BlakeJay - "Histories Books"

Flow: A
    Lyrics: A+++

Overall: 5/5, Effects on this one are pretty cool. Work well. Might need a bit better vocal recording work. You doing it in a big space? Or is just the reverb on it that makes it sound that way. Lyrics blow anything and everything else way. That acapella fast choppin' is insane. Jay, u got it.

Comment

Flow-4/5 great for the most part but there were very small slip ups and imo the transition to the acapella was a little awkward
      Lyrics- 5/5 wow, lyrics were fucking crazy. no complaints in this category
      Overall- 4.5/5 Really good track. like mykill said maybe a little better vocal recording but def keep doin what u doin
      ONLY FOR THE PROMO 3

ONLY FOR THE PROMO 3- http://www.datpiff.com/mixtapes-detail.php?id=420199
      TRUE FEELINGS 2- http://www.datpiff.com/mixtapes-detail.php?id=384127
      Twitter- https://twitter.com/Waay2Smooth
      Construction of a Dream- http://www.datpiff.com/mixtapes-detail.php?id=316150

Comment

Bro. Wow.
        Ima go get a joint and light it up and smoke it, and listen to this track on repeat ok?
        It's so chill man.

I personally didnt catch any slip ups in your flow as stated above.

The only complaint was that the transition(as stated above) was indeed a little... random? Like you shouldve let the beat drop I guess.

Comment

Why is this stickied, lol?

O well, I'll take a listen...

---------- Post added at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

Beat's chill, I like it.

Lyrics and flow is crazy! Amazin' song bro!

Comment

i thought it was gonna be shit but, i honestly liked it.... good job

^^ Created by Jake_YMCMB

Comment

Ahhhhhh, Shit.
              Sorry, Bro.

Still Want The Cover?

Great Song, By The Way.
              4.6/5.

Comment

Originally posted by mykill View Post
                Flow: A
                Lyrics: A+++

Overall: 5/5, Effects on this one are pretty cool. Work well. Might need a bit better vocal recording work. You doing it in a big space? Or is just the reverb on it that makes it sound that way. Lyrics blow anything and everything else way. That acapella fast choppin' is insane. Jay, u got it.
                Yeah i know the vocal recording needs work..im not in the best place to record (a closet) with not much else but the mic and popfilter..hopefully i can get it better though thanks for the feedback though

---------- Post added at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

Originally posted by JSmooth View Post
                Flow-4/5 great for the most part but there were very small slip ups and imo the transition to the acapella was a little awkward
                Lyrics- 5/5 wow, lyrics were fucking crazy. no complaints in this category
                Overall- 4.5/5 Really good track. like mykill said maybe a little better vocal recording but def keep doin what u doin
                Yeah i also noticed that it was akward how it went right to the acapella lls i got kinda lazy and didnt fix it..thanks for calln me out on it..thanks for the feedback

Comment

I understand how that is. I'm in an open living room recording all the time, so I dont even have the luxury of a closet or a bathroom lol. But it still sounds great man. And again, it could just need the reverb turned down a touch. Try it and see.

BTW, how did this get stickied? lol

Comment

Originally posted by KidComet View Post
                    Bro. Wow.
                    Ima go get a joint and light it up and smoke it, and listen to this track on repeat ok?
                    It's so chill man.

I personally didnt catch any slip ups in your flow as stated above.

The only complaint was that the transition(as stated above) was indeed a little... random? Like you shouldve let the beat drop I guess.
                    lol yeah i know the transition was bad..i just did it at the wrong point and got lazy and didnt fix it..thanks for the feedback

---------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 PM ----------

Originally posted by mykill View Post
                    I understand how that is. I'm in an open living room recording all the time, so I dont even have the luxury of a closet or a bathroom lol. But it still sounds great man. And again, it could just need the reverb turned down a touch. Try it and see.

BTW, how did this get stickied? lol
                    This thread is stickied because i won the lil cypher we had here about a month ago..and the reward was i get one of my threads stickied for a week

Comment

Originally posted by BlakeJay View Post

This thread is stickied because i won the lil cypher we had here about a month ago..and the reward was i get one of my threads stickied for a week
                      oh.....like this one?

Comment

Originally posted by kfadahunsi View Post
                        i thought it was gonna be shit but, i honestly liked it.... good job
                        thank you for taking a listen

Comment

Working...
                        X