Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[The Cypher] Round 2: Voting Thread (Ends 12/18)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [The Cypher] Round 2: Voting Thread (Ends 12/18)

RULES:
    -Cast you vote for the winner by posting to this thread in the following format:
    BEST FLOW: Mykill, because he's just crazy wit it
    BEST LYRICS/PUNCHES: Mykill, with that "mash your head like potatoes" ish
    BEST DELIVERY: Mykill, not monotone or like he's reading at all
    BEST OVERALL: Mykill, because he organizes these things
    -I'll keep tallies going in the first post of the thread
    -Voting ends in 5 days from today (so ends at 11:59PM 12/18/11)

THE BEAT:
    Random Freestyle Beat (Submitted by Late)

PARTICIPANTS:

DeezyMac // Listen - Lyrics

Kid Kush // Listen - Lyrics

Kage // Listen - Lyrics

Coleon // Listen - Lyrics

Tranquil // Listen - Lyrics

MC_Crary // Listen - Lyrics

JR Nicks // Listen - Lyrics

Young Corruption // Listen - Lyrics

OVERALL VOTE:
    DeezyMac 9 // Kid Kush 0 // Kage 0 // Coleon 5 // Tranquil 0 //
    MC_Crary 0 // JR Nicks 1 // Young Corruption 0

PRIZES:
    First place: Custom tailored braggin' rights signature...
    The right to choose the next Cypher beat...
    and <INSERT MOD> possibly could sticky one of your song threads of your choice for a week

Best Flow, Best Lyrics, Best Delivery: Custom tailored braggin' rights avatar for each...

*if I missed something, send me a PM and let me know. A BIG thanks to all that participated. You all make the Studio great, keep it up.
    Last edited by mykill; 12-17-2011, 10:40 AM.

Re: [The Cypher] Round 2: Voting Thread (Ends 12/1

Deezy.Killed.This.Shit
    The borders should be illegal instead of the people, who were here before the bible and all of its sequels

Comment

BEST FLOW: Mac, he did his thing
      BEST LYRICS/PUNCHES: Coleon, Always with crazy lines
      BEST DELIVERY: Coleon, The anger sounded good with the beat and lyrics
      BEST OVERALL: Coleon overall as i liked his song the best next to Mc_Crary
      http://youngcorruption.tumblr.com/
      Facebook Fan Page

Props to Woocky

Comment

Great Cypher....I see improvement in a lot of people from the last cypher which is always a great things....here is how I break it down....

Young Corrupt: I like what your saying but you don't really know how to say it. Your lyrics are average and your delivery is a little below that.Your best component is your honest, how you expressed your feelings about the last cypher was dope...but your not a very good rapper to be honest..keep at it though..keep up the cyphering and it can only get better..from the stuff I have heard from you in the studio I expected you to kill this shit....(5.5/10)

JR Nicks: Good to hear some new talent....I like the fact that you deliver punchlines but with every line they can get over bearing...I think that took away from your verse sounding organic...Some of the lines were dope but it didnt seem natural because it was like you were setting up your next line everytime....On the positive...your delivery is pretty good...you didn't slip off but it was also not that complex...Your strength is your weakness...Good punchlines but just way too much........(7/10)

McCrary: Don't like the way you started at out..sounded like Will Smith on the Fresh Prince Theme song..but it got better as the verse went along....If this was a regular song this verse would've been dope...but I feel like for a cypher you could've stepped up wayyyy more...your in my top 5 studio artist...I appreciate the shout...On the flip side....your voice is legendary...your lyrics are solid and the best part of your rap repertoire is your flow....One of the best in the studio and one of the best in the cypher....(7.5/10) Props on the shout...I fuck with you....

Tranquil: Dope Flow off the bat..I like the fact that you added life to the verse by the self done sound affect...you my friend are a good rapper....great flow..great delivery...I think you can get a little stronger in the lyrics dept...but other than that your pretty straight...One downfall is the fact that this is a cypher and even though it was a good verse it doesn't like your were trying to outdo anyone..it seemed like you had the mindset.."im a good rapper and im just gonna release an alright verse.....7.5/10

Coleon: Off the bat I can tell this was gonna be dope....great lyrics....great delivery....you sound angry at the beat which is a good thing..you should've done 32 bars...at the end of the verse I was left wanting more...especially because the previous 16 was so dope....Lyrically the strongest in the entire cypher..I would find a way to make my punchlines pop a little more....I don't know how but there are alot of great lines hidden in there and to people just browsing they won't stand out unless reading the lyrics....overall a great job....(8.5/10)

Kage...You started off apologizing and discrediting your entire cypher verse..don't do that shit bro...fuck that shit...if people thought your were taking shots then it would've took your verse up another notch....I like the shots you took but after the apology I can't take them serious.....Your not a very good rapper....Your delivery is your worst aspect...your lyrics aren't that bad..I see a sign of a good lyricist in there....and your flow seems like your reading off a paper or something instead of actually feeling the beat and spitting...You did have a dope line
        "And I make sure I'm never comfortable,
        Bout to go ham on this beat no lunchables"

Keep at it bro...don't let this shit discourage but I'm just stating what I think you should work on..you might not win any cyphers anytime soon but keep joining them you will only get better.... 4/10

Kid Kush: My head was bopping through out this entire verse...you sound like you should be doing dancehall/reggae music..don't know if that a complement or not...but you and Damien Marley would be a dope collab..Rap Cypher wise...this is not that good...but its not horrible....Lyrics are average, delivery shows great signs...but I think you not having a good mic takes alot away from your verse..because things sound jumbled up.....and where are you from? I enjoyed the shit out of this though....because I love reggae...

"5 Foot 9 and I push my weight double
        mess me and boy you inna trouble" 5.5/10

DeezyMac: My favorite delivery and flow in the entire studio....well flow might have to go tranquil...but in this you owned both categories....Your lyrics are dope also....not much I can critique about this verse..I loved it from top to bottom...You and Coleon rap like professional rapper...I don't know if you take this serious but if you don't you should because you are talented..Props on the shout..I fuck with you... (8.5/10)

Best Flow: 1. Deezy Mac 2. McCray & Tranquil
        Best Delivery: 1. Deezy Mac 2. Tranquil 3. Coleon
        Best Lyrics/Punchlines: 1. Coleon 2. J R Nicks 3. Deezy Mac
        Overall: Deezy Mac
        (but not by much....I can accept him or Coleon winning)...they both exhibited top notch rapping...and I can honestly say I fuck with them as rappers...
        Last edited by Cli-City; 12-13-2011, 08:03 PM.
        Mississippi x California x North Carolina

Comment

Deezy Mac - Perfect flow and quality. You didn't really say shit though. Step your lyrics up a ton and you'll be unstoppable.

Kid Kush - No delivery. That's your downfall. Your flow is not bad, just mechanical. I can't really understand you.

Kage - Step your quality up, I can hear white noise which is a mixing problem. Boring delivery. Shaky flow. Not bad but a lot of work to do here.

Coleon - Damn son.

Tranquil - Get a better mic or mixing process. Spend more time on your punches. Great use of delivery.

MC Crary - Your first half line had a mad corny flow but the rest was a lot better. You need to experiment more cause you have this delivery/flow combo down.

Nickz - Backwoods accent lol. I can appreciate that. Delivery isn't powerful but it's laid back and cocky. Good flow. I don't like your punches/lyrics because they don't sound original. I could hear Weezy spit this easy. Make your own persona.

Young Corruption - I had high expectations and you kind of let me down. You rushed your flow in more spots than just the last bar. Your delivery was solid in some places, like I could hear it shining through, but then it got uncomfortable again. It's not a bad verse but whoever hyped it up kind of ruined it for me.

I'll reserve my votes until later.
          Last edited by Coleon; 12-13-2011, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cli-City View Post
            Great Cypher....I see improvement in a lot of people from the last cypher which is always a great things....here is how I break it down....

Young Corrupt: I like what your saying but you don't really know how to say it. Your lyrics are average and your delivery is a little below that.Your best component is your honest, how you expressed your feelings about the last cypher was dope...but your not a very good rapper to be honest..keep at it though..keep up the cyphering and it can only get better..from the stuff I have heard from you in the studio I expected you to kill this shit....(5.5/10)
            I know what you mean. I really threw this together pretty fast and recorded fast as i wasn't expecting to be in the cypher but a window opened up where i had to write and record in 90 minutes lol. Expect better from me on Going Ham Featuring Gibbsy and True Story which both are coming out this week. I knew i fell off a little as i needed to shorten or lengthen a bar to make it fit but it was too late by the time i realized it. Just wait, I got better and greater stuff on the way

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

Originally posted by Coleon View Post
            Young Corruption - I had high expectations and you kind of let me down. You rushed your flow in more spots than just the last bar. Your delivery was solid in some places, like I could hear it shining through, but then it got uncomfortable again. It's not a bad verse but whoever hyped it up kind of ruined it for me.

I'll reserve my votes until later.
            Sorry i let you down lol I hope with True Story you will see something better. Like i said, it was rushed but thats no excuse
            Facebook Fan Page

Props to Woocky

Comment

You didn't let me down by any means man lol.
              That guy who hyped it just had me thinking "Jesus write your verses and Satan and God produced it".
              It was still pretty dope and I definitely believe the songs I've heard from you are better than this.

Comment

Originally posted by Cli-City View Post

JR Nicks: Good to hear some new talent....I like the fact that you deliver punchlines but with every line they can get over bearing...I think that took away from your verse sounding organic...Some of the lines were dope but it didnt seem natural because it was like you were setting up your next line everytime....On the positive...your delivery is pretty good...you didn't slip off but it was also not that complex...Your strength is your weakness...Good punchlines but just way too much........(7/10)

McCrary: Don't like the way you started at out..sounded like Will Smith on the Fresh Prince Theme song..but it got better as the verse went along....If this was a regular song this verse would've been dope...but I feel like for a cypher you could've stepped up wayyyy more...your in my top 5 studio artist...I appreciate the shout...On the flip side....your voice is legendary...your lyrics are solid and the best part of your rap repertoire is your flow....One of the best in the studio and one of the best in the cypher....(7.5/10) Props on the shout...I fuck with you....

Tranquil: Dope Flow off the bat..I like the fact that you added life to the verse by the self done sound affect...you my friend are a good rapper....great flow..great delivery...I think you can get a little stronger in the lyrics dept...but other than that your pretty straight...One downfall is the fact that this is a cypher and even though it was a good verse it doesn't like your were trying to outdo anyone..it seemed like you had the mindset.."im a good rapper and im just gonna release an alright verse.....7.5/10

Coleon: Off the bat I can tell this was gonna be dope....great lyrics....great delivery....you sound angry at the beat which is a good thing..you should've done 32 bars...at the end of the verse I was left wanting more...especially because the previous 16 was so dope....Lyrically the strongest in the entire cypher..I would find a way to make my punchlines pop a little more....I don't know how but there are alot of great lines hidden in there and to people just browsing they won't stand out unless reading the lyrics....overall a great job....(8.5/10)

Kage...You started off apologizing and discrediting your entire cypher verse..don't do that shit bro...fuck that shit...if people thought your were taking shots then it would've took your verse up another notch....I like the shots you took but after the apology I can't take them serious.....Your not a very good rapper....Your delivery is your worst aspect...your lyrics aren't that bad..I see a sign of a good lyricist in there....and your flow seems like your reading off a paper or something instead of actually feeling the beat and spitting...You did have a dope line
                "And I make sure I'm never comfortable,
                Bout to go ham on this beat no lunchables"

Keep at it bro...don't let this shit discourage but I'm just stating what I think you should work on..you might not win any cyphers anytime soon but keep joining them you will only get better.... 4/10

Kid Kush: My head was bopping through out this entire verse...you sound like you should be doing dancehall/reggae music..don't know if that a complement or not...but you and Damien Marley would be a dope collab..Rap Cypher wise...this is not that good...but its not horrible....Lyrics are average, delivery shows great signs...but I think you not having a good mic takes alot away from your verse..because things sound jumbled up.....and where are you from? I enjoyed the shit out of this though....because I love reggae...

"5 Foot 9 and I push my weight double
                mess me and boy you inna trouble" 5.5/10

DeezyMac: My favorite delivery and flow in the entire studio....well flow might have to go tranquil...but in this you owned both categories....Your lyrics are dope also....not much I can critique about this verse..I loved it from top to bottom...You and Coleon rap like professional rapper...I don't know if you take this serious but if you don't you should because you are talented..Props on the shout..I fuck with you... (8.5/10)

Best Flow: 1. Deezy Mac 2. McCray & Tranquil
                Best Delivery: 1. Deezy Mac 2. Tranquil 3. Coleon
                Best Lyrics/Punchlines: 1. Coleon 2. J R Nicks 3. Deezy Mac
                Overall: Deezy Mac
                (but not by much....I can accept him or Coleon winning)...they both exhibited top notch rapping...and I can honestly say I fuck with them as rappers...
                U should take up another hobby if u have nothing to say other then what's been said a million times already

Comment

Yeah I know I went weak , I just havent had time to do shit and was thinking of re doing but didnt have time
                  The borders should be illegal instead of the people, who were here before the bible and all of its sequels

Comment

Lol yeah i get what you mean Coleon. And to everyone else i'll drop real feedback about each verse a little later tonight when i have more time.
                    Facebook Fan Page

Props to Woocky

Comment

Appreciate city. I feel ya on everything u said i just slapped this shit together n bout thirty mins or so while i was at work im tryna stay focused on my new mixtape so i just threw a bunch of weak punchlines together but Ull deaf hear a diff cat n the next cypher. I haven't really found myself yet on the beat. Crary was the first cat to get me on a beat so we deaf putting n work n shaping my flows up. I can only go up from here.
                      U should take up another hobby if u have nothing to say other then what's been said a million times already

Comment

votes so far recorded. keep posting

Comment

Working...
                        X