Smokin' Lessons - Hard Knock Clique .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smokin' Lessons - Hard Knock Clique .

First song we have done as a group. Let me know what ya think!? Need the feed !

01 Smokin' Lessons.mp3 - Hulk Share - Music Distribution Platform

Verse 1- Lil Trev (Me)
    Verse 2: Friend Zone
    Verse 3: A-Mitch
    Verse 4: Coop

Feed 1: http://www.lilwaynehq.com/forums/tha...tml#post762786

Feed2: http://www.lilwaynehq.com/forums/tha...tml#post762785

Re: Smokin' Lessons - Hard Knock Clique .

kinda goofy haha and one of the dude's name is Friend-Zone haha?

sorry man, i'm not diggin this

There's way too much bass in the beat, when the 808 hits you can hear the entire beat drowning out because of the overload of bass. Vocals sounds like their running really hot, some of them you can hear a little bit of distorting; mic sounds like it's not very good -- last guy's voice sounds really muddy while the rest sound over-filtered

this needs some serious work man -- keep at it though man, gotta start somewhere
    http://www.ATBeats.com

Comment

Thanks for the feed man! The mic isn't the thing that is bad, it's actually a really good mic. It's us, we're still getting used to it (we used to have to scream into a rock band mic) haha.. But I thought the beat was raw, you didn't think so!? Well anyways thanks for the feed.

Comment

Dope. Lil Trev shouldve gone last, woulda made the song better in my opinion mayne. Could do without the last 2 dudes.
        I'm feelin like a veteran, that's caught up in a settlement with no form of impediment or any of its synonyms HANNNNNHHHH!

Comment

Originally posted by Dinho925 View Post
          Dope. Lil Trev shouldve gone last, woulda made the song better in my opinion mayne. Could do without the last 2 dudes.
          Thanks for the feed. Lil Trev is me btw haha. But, i think the 3rd dude had the hardest verse.. You don't think!?

Comment

Overall: 3.75/5, I dont like the beat. That synth is really really stock and makes the sound of the song very amateur. Need to level out the vocals in the beginning. Can barely hear people. You pushing vocals through an EQ then a compressor? Beat improves down the road, but still pretty stock. Search around and try to find some good sample packs. Friend Zone needs to work on his lyrics. Delivery and flow though are good. Mitch brings another consistent performance, and does well at it. Coop was kind of boring though.
            +'s: Delivery and Flow of each person is good (sans Coop). Sounds pretty natural. Lil Trev starting things off.
            -'s: The beat. Coop's delivery. FZeezy's lyrics.

Comment

Originally posted by mykill View Post
              Overall: 3.75/5, I dont like the beat. That synth is really really stock and makes the sound of the song very amateur. Need to level out the vocals in the beginning. Can barely hear people. You pushing vocals through an EQ then a compressor? Beat improves down the road, but still pretty stock. Search around and try to find some good sample packs. Friend Zone needs to work on his lyrics. Delivery and flow though are good. Mitch brings another consistent performance, and does well at it. Coop was kind of boring though.
              +'s: Delivery and Flow of each person is good (sans Coop). Sounds pretty natural. Lil Trev starting things off.
              -'s: The beat. Coop's delivery. FZeezy's lyrics.
              Thanks a lot for the feed man! We have a usb condenser mic, and we are still working with vocals. If you have any tips on recording into a mic and setting volume levels please PM me. We are used to screaming into a rock band mic haha. Coops was a lil boring, it was his first time on the mic tho, so i cut some slack. I'm also going to start working with friend zone to improve his lyrics. Thanks again for the feeed, and tips on the mic would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by DatWeezy View Post
                Thanks for the feed man! The mic isn't the thing that is bad, it's actually a really good mic. It's us, we're still getting used to it (we used to have to scream into a rock band mic) haha.. But I thought the beat was raw, you didn't think so!? Well anyways thanks for the feed.
                damn dude i know your feeling about the mic, before i got my mic i was using a rock band mic. The first verse ended weak, and last verse needed to attack his verse more. It sounded like the vocals were up and down. Overall it was alright just needs work.

Comment

Originally posted by cGrumm View Post
                  damn dude i know your feeling about the mic, before i got my mic i was using a rock band mic. The first verse ended weak, and last verse needed to attack his verse more. It sounded like the vocals were up and down. Overall it was alright just needs work.
                  Yea like I said we are still working with the new mic. It's a hard transition. I'm just now learning how to mix and stuff too. Thanks for the feed tho!

Comment

Only feed about your verse. The beat is dope btw but sounds like bass boosted. I like that flow and delivery! The volume could be louder and you could add some adlibs. Nice wordplay but nothing special in the lyrics. Weed.

Comment

Working...
                    X