Mixtape: Dynasty-Lifeguards off Duty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mixtape: Dynasty-Lifeguards off Duty

We've been working on this for awhile, and its finally being released. Check out, stream, download, and share the mixtape. Its all about summertime, partying, having fun, and ultimately not worrying!
    lod.jpglod back.jpg
    Mixtape covers were designed by Chris.

http://www.datpiff.com/Dynasty-Lifeguards-Off-Duty-mixtape.380226.html
    TRACKLIST
    1.Blockparty
    2. Afterschool Calamities
    3. Sandcastles and Females
    4. BYOB
    5. Summertime Swag
    6. 4th of July
    (Datpiff needs to fix it on there)
    7. Lifeguards off Duty
    8. Pool Hopping
    9. F#% the Neighbors
    10. High Tide
    Last edited by cGrumm; 08-02-2012, 10:39 PM.

Dynasty, MVPs of August

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

Block Party
    Too much reverb on the crowd "block party". Walt's pretty ill with that rapid fire flow... Good energizing track to start off the show. Production is a little weak, but it works and its fitting. Lyrics were very party party hardy, so good deal.

Afterschool Calamities
    Production was pretty good on this. Hook is pretty off key. Chris, you did a good job on verse 1, but some times it seemed like you were struggling to make it to the end. Walt has a more clear, concise flow on verse 2. The verse 3 combo was a nice touch. "I got a date with craziness, I gotta go steady"

Sandcastles and Females
    Pretty lax song for kicking back and scopin' females. You guys did a good job of capturing the vibe for this style of track. Remember to layer your hooks more: when you do a hook, do a main vocal, a backing vocal, then do adlibs. It'll make them "pop" more.

BYOB
    Chris? verse 1 didnt sound very solid with their flow at the beginning, but they managed to pick up the ball and rock it the rest of the way. Funny song about BYOB.

Summertime Swag

Lifeguards Off Duty
    You guys have a great chemistry on this beat! The pass the baton concept was great, and you executed perfectly! Probably my favorite track on the whole tape.

4th of July
    You need to drop the full version of this on Tha Stu.

Pool Hopping

F#%k the Neighbors

High Tide

*I'll finish when I get back home...

Comment

Downloading atm
      The borders should be illegal instead of the people, who were here before the bible and all of its sequels

Comment

After listening/skimming through the tracks, nothing really impressed me or made me want to listen to it all the way through. Flows weren't bad but were pretty boring, could be better. Lyrics were kinda just blah. Mastering wasn't good either. Seems like you didn't really take your time on this, or didn't put much effort into it.

protect dunston at all costs

Comment

Production was rushed, we had a very small window to put it out before the whole point of the mixtape was pointless, which is why the production wasn't great. The lyrics were just meant to give the general idea of summer, having fun and we had fun writing and recording this. It would have been a lot better if we would have been able to get it done on time, but we had a lot of other things going on too.

But hey, these are all just excuses and doesnt change a thing I got you on the next single bro!

Comment

Summertime Swag
            The back and forth on the 3rd verse was really, really good. Your solo verses on this were both good quality too. This is probably one of my favorite songs on the tape, if not the #1 (might take the crown from Track 6)

4th of July
            You need some kind of transition between the first verse and the second. It's just dead space and makes the flow of the song awkward. "4th of July, Let her see my John Hancock" was a pretty witty line. Both solid verses from the both of you on this one.

Pool Hopping
            When you do the phase effect on the chorus like that, make sure you have another copy of the vocals that stays centered while you do it. Makes the hook sound full. its like your ears listen to the middle, and then the vocals bouncing around add more depth to the hook. also on the 2nd 4 bars of the hook, you could backing vocals in a different octave (or just pitch them high) and it creates more contrast. I would also add on the 2nd half of the hook someone saying "let's go... let's go... let's go.. let's go...". Just my technical/mixing 2 cents lol. Songs got a good vibe too, btw.

F#%k the Neighbors
            Them neighbors are gonna be PISSED lol...

High Tide
            Great beat to end the tape on. It's got impact. It's chill. Good beat selection. Some great verses from each of you too to cap off a pretty good tape...

Overall:
            You guys did a great job with making sure all the beats and the concepts meshed well together and the tape sounds great sonically. If you had the time to put a lot of effort and "love" into the project, this would sound be a stand out tape for a first release. Even with the short time span you had, you still put an A+ effort into this project. With some technical mixing and song composition practice and fixing, growing as artists and getting more comfortable with putting together projects like this, you could be one amazing duo. Lifeguards Off Duty definitely captures a sound that seems unique to you. Some would say its just summertime party music, and they are right, but you guys put your own special touch to it and that's what makes it different to me as a listener.

Comment

Working...
            X