JR Nickz- Throwaway Verse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JR Nickz- Throwaway Verse

Just an old verse that I threw over a beat out of boredom. Trying to figure out GarageBand but I've never mixed anything before. Any tips or advice on mixing is what I'm looking for guys

http://www.lilwaynehq.com/forums/tha...sic-video.html
    http://www.lilwaynehq.com/forums/tha...uthafucka.html
    Last edited by mykill; 01-07-2013, 05:39 PM.
    U should take up another hobby if u have nothing to say other then what's been said a million times already

you off beat like a motherfucker @ 3:31.
    you have a froggylike voice. really noticeable in the acapella @ 4:03.

YELLOW DUCK MUTHAFUCKA!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lilchukieforeheadbig View Post
      you off beat like a motherfucker @ 3:31.
      you have a froggylike voice. really noticeable in the acapella @ 4:03.
      I think that verse was accidentally pasted its not supposed to b there haha it's just the first one. What does froggylike mean and is it a bad thing
      U should take up another hobby if u have nothing to say other then what's been said a million times already

Comment

Originally posted by jrnickz View Post
        I think that verse was accidentally pasted its not supposed to b there haha it's just the first one.
        did you edit it yourself and not notice that?

What does froggylike mean and is it a bad thing
        kinda reminds me of lil wayne.
        it could be good or bad, depending on who you like.
        Last edited by lilchukieforeheadbig; 01-05-2013, 11:48 PM.

YELLOW DUCK MUTHAFUCKA!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I throw my voice depending on what kind of beat it is and that's the way it came out. I just threw a verse out of my head on a random beat so I could play around with this GarageBand app on my phone

Comment

No one has any mixing advice for me. I deff need some help

Comment

No one has any mixing advice for me. I deff need some help
              You EQing and Compressing your vocals? The reverb is a little to high but it may work, you just need to event out the quality of your raw vocals. You normalize everything? In FL Studio there's an option on the track panel that you can click and normalizes the levels of the audio for a wav a little better (I dont explain it well, google it) There's some addition echo on the vocals from what effects you (may) have on there, so just maybe turn them down a hair. Add some adlibs. Maybe take some time to listen to some of your favorite rappers and really pay attention to what they do with adlibs and try to duplicate those effects. Adlibs always bring additional depth to a track, even if it is just putting more emphasis on your ending rhyme works.

Aside from that, bars are versatile and good as usual. Good work fam.

Comment

Your flow is always super on point and your mic presence is another thing I think is one of your biggest strong areas. Lyrics are flames on this too. Nice to hear you over a famous beat too, I think I remember you saying you don't like spitting on them too much. As far as mixing goes, I think you should just find somebody with a computer to do it for you tbh. Keep it up tho man, you still need to get a real studio setup tho ha. 4/5

protect dunston at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by PrettyFlacko. View Post
                  Your flow is always super on point and your mic presence is another thing I think is one of your biggest strong areas. Lyrics are flames on this too. Nice to hear you over a famous beat too, I think I remember you saying you don't like spitting on them too much. As far as mixing goes, I think you should just find somebody with a computer to do it for you tbh. Keep it up tho man, you still need to get a real studio setup tho ha. 4/5
                  I actually have a verse I wrote to this that flows with the beat much better but I want to wait until I can put it together better. Macs pretty good but our schedules collide all the time. I wish I had studio access cause y'all would deff hear a lot more of me. I have too many verses and concepts in my head that there's no room to think straight lol

Comment

Your Flow is nice bruh, your mic presnce is good too, I just didnt like the mixing on this, You sound confident on the mic you got good delivery, your all good bro, nothing i can find with this song, sounds pro, if it was mixed better itd be a perfect 10

Comment

Originally posted by KidComet View Post
                      Your Flow is nice bruh, your mic presnce is good too, I just didnt like the mixing on this, You sound confident on the mic you got good delivery, your all good bro, nothing i can find with this song, sounds pro, if it was mixed better itd be a perfect 10
                      Thanks man. This was the first time I tried to mix myself and apparently I need to leave that to someone else. Mykill gave me advice ill try next time. Preciate the listen and advice my boy

Comment

I'm feeling this bro. You sound extremely confident on this. Bars for days. Flow switches and swagger in your voice. Sound like you just fucked ten bitches lol. MMG.

Comment

Working...
                        X