• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got 4 New Beats... - Flame

pretty productive weekend.

for sale on soundclick too.

http://www.lilwaynehq.com/forums/tha...sic-video.html
    http://www.lilwaynehq.com/forums/tha...e-tonight.html
    .................... ....................

First one reminds me of the Tony Montana beat in the beginning...

#2 is ok... but nothing special. What synth do you use for your brass?

Mr. Three should have the drop during the pause. Horns sound really good on this one...

Tee Forf one sounds kinda awkward. Sounds like a old 90's style beat, then at the same time it sounds like it wants to be an old hip hop beat... its confused I think lol. I think the open hihat sounds too generic...

Comment

Originally posted by mykill View Post
      First one reminds me of the Tony Montana beat in the beginning...

#2 is ok... but nothing special. What synth do you use for your brass?

Mr. Three should have the drop during the pause. Horns sound really good on this one...

Tee Forf one sounds kinda awkward. Sounds like a old 90's style beat, then at the same time it sounds like it wants to be an old hip hop beat... its confused I think lol. I think the open hihat sounds too generic...
      btw the piano on that first one is the same as on that "No Shirt, Tattoos"/"Flippin Bricks" beat I did.

#2's brass is "Jurassic Brass" and the commonly used "Victory Brass" from reFX Nexus (Dance Orchestra Expansion)

the third one, I used "Golden Horns" from that same expansion

the 4th one, I used a TR808 drumkit in the "Vintage Drumkits" expansion of Nexus. that's 2 ride cymbals and a splash I think (not labeled in the pianoroll), not an open hat. I don't know where I was going with that one either.
      just sounded good to me. I like that cowbell & pizzicato combo though.
      .................... ....................

Comment

Working...
      X