Cas - gangsta piano freestyle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cas - gangsta piano freestyle

I haven't posted in here in a minuteee but check this freestyle I did over this gangsta piano beat from youtube:

Link:
    *fixed by Mykill. Learn 2 soundcloud link

feed1: http://www.lilwaynehq.com/forums/tha...ml#post1029117

feed2: http://www.lilwaynehq.com/forums/tha...ml#post1034165
    Last edited by mykill; 01-24-2013, 11:59 AM.

Rap from the back of throat.

It feels like your holding back your emotion .

If you work on your voice and the emotion then you got it. Lyrically and flow wise its good and origignal

Comment

Originally posted by KidComet View Post
      Rap from the back of throat.

It feels like your holding back your emotion .

If you work on your voice and the emotion then you got it. Lyrically and flow wise its good and origignal
      Appreciate the feed. I just spit this to set up my EQ since I just got a new setup, I guess I coulda went harder with it. Thanks though.

Comment

Originally posted by __cas__ View Post
        Appreciate the feed. I just spit this to set up my EQ since I just got a new setup, I guess I coulda went harder with it. Thanks though.
        but u feel me when i say rap from the back of ur throat?? cause it sound ur rapping from ur nose area, like biggie raps from his nose, so does e 40, but it fits them

Comment

i didnt see anything wrong with the way you was rapping tbh, just try to sound as confident as possible when your in the booth
          twitter.com/basedpoyo

Comment

Originally posted by @Poyo_Kardashian View Post
            i didnt see anything wrong with the way you was rapping tbh, just try to sound as confident as possible when your in the booth
            I don't really either tbh, but yeah like I said I just threw this together to get my vocals right. You think the vocals are good production wise? I'll put some more stuff up here in a couple days. Thanks for the feed tho.

Comment

when he says rap from the back of your throat I think he meant being confident over the mic, as far as when I listened to it it sounded like you were reading it... to me i feel like you should just practice on rapping in a way that you can make me feel any type of emotion that your trying to convey, I fuck with the song tho homie definitely, stay on your grind fam!
              not gonna be a pushover, im pushin thru to your ears
              kickin' a villanous lyric, ignitin' up all your fears..

Comment

Originally posted by broc717 View Post
                when he says rap from the back of your throat I think he meant being confident over the mic, as far as when I listened to it it sounded like you were reading it... to me i feel like you should just practice on rapping in a way that you can make me feel any type of emotion that your trying to convey, I fuck with the song tho homie definitely, stay on your grind fam!
                Damn I don't even read I memorize my verses first lol, but yeah I feel you I guess for how I was trying to come across I didn't deliver it right. Thanks for the feed though man appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by __cas__ View Post
                  Damn I don't even read I memorize my verses first lol, but yeah I feel you I guess for how I was trying to come across I didn't deliver it right. Thanks for the feed though man appreciate it.
                  You have to put your character in it
                  like whoever u are, or whatever emotion ur trying to portray, put it in, even if u have to over act it

Comment

I think there's a lotta great lines in this one. You sound like your flow is good and consistence. Doesnt sound like you're not confident on the mic, just sounds like you're being quiet as to not wake up your parents. I think what Kid's trying to get across is you need to put more feeling in it. What helps is to think of it as a conversation - when you talk to your friends your voice is pretty much at rest and at its common sound. Some people (me included) dont really rap in that tone, and that's what I think Kid is trying to say in the first post.

Good shit though. Work on your mixing.

Overall: 3.9/5

Comment

song was nice and flow/lyrics were there but u seemed a little uncomfortable spittin. youve got some talent though so keep at it
                      3.6/5
                      ONLY FOR THE PROMO 3

ONLY FOR THE PROMO 3- http://www.datpiff.com/mixtapes-detail.php?id=420199
                      TRUE FEELINGS 2- http://www.datpiff.com/mixtapes-detail.php?id=384127
                      Twitter- https://twitter.com/Waay2Smooth
                      Construction of a Dream- http://www.datpiff.com/mixtapes-detail.php?id=316150

Comment

Originally posted by mykill View Post
                        I think there's a lotta great lines in this one. You sound like your flow is good and consistence. Doesnt sound like you're not confident on the mic, just sounds like you're being quiet as to not wake up your parents. I think what Kid's trying to get across is you need to put more feeling in it. What helps is to think of it as a conversation - when you talk to your friends your voice is pretty much at rest and at its common sound. Some people (me included) dont really rap in that tone, and that's what I think Kid is trying to say in the first post.

Good shit though. Work on your mixing.

Overall: 3.9/5
                        lmao. I didn't think it was that noticeable but you were on point. I spit this at like 3am so yeah I wasn't trying to wake up my whole family, and like I said before I was just trying to get my EQ right. Appreciate the feed though.

edit: Didn't know you had SOUNDCLOUD tags here, thanks for fixing the link.

Originally posted by JSmooth View Post
                        song was nice and flow/lyrics were there but u seemed a little uncomfortable spittin. youve got some talent though so keep at it
                        3.6/5

Thanks for the feed I'll post something else up here a little later.

Comment

Working...
                        X