King Kailez - Free Agent 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• King Kailez - Free Agent 3

I just recently released my final installment in my Free Agent series. (you can checkout the other mixtapes in the series at King Kailez | Artist & Visionary ) I hope yall fuck wit it. I tried my hardest to put together a modern day classic. So check it out! An let me know your thoughts

*Could someone sticky this thread. Thanks in advance

Feedback 1 2 3 4
    https://linktr.ee/sideshowkvlz

@Laudacity93

The Invitation // That beat is fire, great for an intro. Good verse 1. Nice multies on verse 2. Autotune on hook is great.
    I Know // Hook needs more adlibs, kinda to make a back and forth out of the chant.
    I Heard // EZ was alright, but didnt get any energy from em.
    Hidden Moves // Seems like your vocals arent sitting in the mix on this one. Maybe slightly too loud. Hmm. Ended too quickly.
    Conjure Cognac Freestyle // That tag was annoying. Wasnt really feeling this one.
    Her Reflection // Meh.
    My Life // Only track I didnt really like the autotune mixing on. First verse was good story telling.
    Dedicated // Meh #2
    Take That // Not too bad of a remix, but possibly a contender for Meh #3.
    Parachute // That hook is smooth... The autotune was overused on this, or at least the adlib volume is too high.
    Livin Proof // This beat... man. T-Pain killed the original. Don't like the mixing on the hook, or the hook either.
    F.A.R. // Vocal volume seems a little low on this one. Might need adjusting. I like the hook on this one.
    Few Thoughts // My favorite song off the whole tape.* Is this an original beat or a remix of something?
    I'm On // This wasnt too bad. Some elements of the hook irk me. Verse 3 wasnt too bad.
    The Balance // You came into this one hungry. Hook singer is....yeah. 2nd guy's delay is too long. Song was alright though.
    Cold Blood // Your verse 1 was quality on this one and I like the flow change up on verse 2.

Overall: Really nice sound quality. You'll have to give me some pointers on your mastering process. You still use C-Ro settings for individual channels? What autotune plugin and settings are you using? I would like to see you on a tape with all original music next, no remixes. This was a decent listen, but there are some technical aspects of it that could have been fine tuned a bit. Other than that the lyrics overall are solid. Delivery and mic presence were solid throughout. I wish there were some more stand out tracks to me like "Few Thoughts", but there are at least pieces of everything else that I enjoyed. Kudos bruh.

Mykill's Verdict:

Comment

Originally posted by mykill View Post
      @Laudacity93

The Invitation // That beat is fire, great for an intro. Good verse 1. Nice multies on verse 2. Autotune on hook is great.
      I Know // Hook needs more adlibs, kinda to make a back and forth out of the chant.
      I Heard // EZ was alright, but didnt get any energy from em.
      Hidden Moves // Seems like your vocals arent sitting in the mix on this one. Maybe slightly too loud. Hmm. Ended too quickly.
      Conjure Cognac Freestyle // That tag was annoying. Wasnt really feeling this one.
      Her Reflection // Meh.
      My Life // Only track I didnt really like the autotune mixing on. First verse was good story telling.
      Dedicated // Meh #2
      Take That // Not too bad of a remix, but possibly a contender for Meh #3.
      Parachute // That hook is smooth... The autotune was overused on this, or at least the adlib volume is too high.
      Livin Proof // This beat... man. T-Pain killed the original. Don't like the mixing on the hook, or the hook either.
      F.A.R. // Vocal volume seems a little low on this one. Might need adjusting. I like the hook on this one.
      Few Thoughts // My favorite song off the whole tape.* Is this an original beat or a remix of something?
      I'm On // This wasnt too bad. Some elements of the hook irk me. Verse 3 wasnt too bad.
      The Balance // You came into this one hungry. Hook singer is....yeah. 2nd guy's delay is too long. Song was alright though.
      Cold Blood // Your verse 1 was quality on this one and I like the flow change up on verse 2.

Overall: Really nice sound quality. You'll have to give me some pointers on your mastering process. You still use C-Ro settings for individual channels? What autotune plugin and settings are you using? I would like to see you on a tape with all original music next, no remixes. This was a decent listen, but there are some technical aspects of it that could have been fine tuned a bit. Other than that the lyrics overall are solid. Delivery and mic presence were solid throughout. I wish there were some more stand out tracks to me like "Few Thoughts", but there are at least pieces of everything else that I enjoyed. Kudos bruh.

Mykill's Verdict:
      bro I can't thank you enough you gave me awesome feedback. This mixtape was recorded in about a year. Over time I gradually changed my mixing chains (hopefully for the better lol) I started out using the C-Ro setting but as I studied more youtube videos I realized I could do more to the vocals to make them stand out. This may sound kinda bad but not all the songs were mixed the same. Since I wasn't in one spot during the whole recording process I wanted my music to reflect that. I recommend the waves bundle plugin I use a few plugins from there in my pre vocal chain mainly to de-ess and compress, eq. Then I apply another vocal chain using mostly EQ and the limiter. I haven't released anything using the new vocal chains I've been working on but I took it to another level for the next project (3 tracks in so far). I believe I'm using Auto-tune evo on the barnes scale. I adjust the key to the song accordingly. I don't really consider what I do remixing because I feel like to remix a song you would have to continue some sort of train of thought that was with the original. When I get on well known artist beats my goal is to create something different. But I still see what you're saying. the next project will be shorter in length but longer tracks. a whole lot less auto-tune lol. The project after that will be my EP. Which I'm producing myself the original beats are coming bro trust me. Few thoughts and Intro were my 2 of my favorite tracks also. Definitely first on the music video queue
      https://linktr.ee/sideshowkvlz

Comment

Working...
      X