X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flame Beats - Sample Banger

http://www.lilwaynehq.com/forums/tha...ml#post1415742
    http://www.lilwaynehq.com/forums/tha...ml#post1415743
    .................... ....................

Comment

Originally posted by Flame Beats View Post
      Good beat. I like the instrumentation. Put together well. Some of the "whoo whoo whoo's" seemed off, but eh - they worked. Would be cool if this had one of those Kanye change ups where the beat flips and gets "dark", with some crazy horns and rapid fire bass. But then again, I'm a stan for some good horns and bass...

Good beat, just needs that "something" to take it over the top.

Mykill's Verdict: 3.9/5
      Last edited by mykill; 06-11-2015, 12:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mykill View Post
        Good beat. I like the instrumentation. Put together well. Some of the "whoo whoo whoo's" seemed off, but eh - they worked. Would be cool if this had one of those Kanye change ups where the beat flips and gets "dark", with some crazy horns and rapid fire bass. But then again, I'm a stan for some good horns and bass...

Good beat, just needs that "something" to take it over the top.

Mykill's Verdict: 3.9/5
        the "whoo" is part of the sample. probably could've chopped it better. and what do you mean with the kanye thing? like Mercy? you got an example?
        Last edited by Flame Beats; 06-11-2015, 10:30 AM.
        .................... ....................

Comment

Originally posted by Flame Beats View Post
          the "whoo" is part of the sample. probably could've chopped it better. and what do you mean with the kanye thing? like Mercy? you got an example?
          Think about what happens at the end of "All Day". Something like that, where the whole mood and feeling of the song switches. In my head I could hear someone go over this, with bars on bars, and make a great track. But instead of the abrupt ending, some of the sounds trail on and then it flips and he hits ya with those "OOOOOH SHIT" lines. Not too long, maybe 8-16 bars.

Reminiscent of what Timbo did with "Mirrors" for JT. The beat keeps going, but then goes in a different direction. You get that bridge, the harmonizing (i guess) and despite just hearing a great song and lasting through that, you're not annoyed it keeps going because it grabs you and takes you into another direction.

Or maybe I'm just looking too deep into it...

Comment

Working...
          X