• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KC - Shake The Room Freestyle

new shit i wrote over lockdown. i fux with this beat

https://www.lilwaynehq.com/forums/th...sked-lies.html

https://www.lilwaynehq.com/forums/th...lex-aka-_.html
    Last edited by Jim Phoenix; 04-05-2020, 11:01 AM.

I'm torn on this one bruh. You have the PERFECT voice for rapping, give me vibes similar to "Threatz" by Denzel and Yung SImmie yeaaars ago. But on the other hand the mic quality is seriously working against you brother, sorry to say. The quality of the flows is gonna get lost in that until you upgrade at least 1 step I think. What's your current setup with gear? Can maybe advise a few upgrades that won't break the bank

Z
    Ziggy B

Comment

damn bro the bank is on zero. im currently teaching myself to mix but i cant even eq and i got a samson mic but its usb and the pop shield is small and doesnt really do anything

Comment

First things first then. Get a pop shield that adequately covers the mic, be like 10 dollars or so for what you need right now. Then send a screenshot of how your EQ looked for your vocal track on this song. I'll point you in a couple of directions. My vocals aren't perfect myself (check Education/Gucci Plane in this section), but you pick up things just from trial and error over time. Happy to point you where you need to go dude
        Ziggy B

Comment

appreciate that cuz . i use garageband

Comment

Not at all brother, any help I can give you just let me know, been in your position myself

New tune coming tonight btw (cheeky self promotion lol)

Z
            Ziggy B

Comment

Originally posted by Z!Greatest View Post
              Not at all brother, any help I can give you just let me know, been in your position myself

New tune coming tonight btw (cheeky self promotion lol)

Z
              ima check that out. by the way i updated this song

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Phoenix View Post
                ima check that out. by the way i updated this song
                "I'm 'bout to tat my whole body in ink" - Haha well you got the time for it now bruh...

Nah joking aside that IS better, you're actually over the beat now and as a result I can enjoy the performance more. That said, it's still quite "plosive" but that's just the lack of pop shield. What tweaks did you make this time out chief?
                Ziggy B

Comment

Originally posted by Z!Greatest View Post
                  "I'm 'bout to tat my whole body in ink" - Haha well you got the time for it now bruh...

Nah joking aside that IS better, you're actually over the beat now and as a result I can enjoy the performance more. That said, it's still quite "plosive" but that's just the lack of pop shield. What tweaks did you make this time out chief?
                  mainly the parts that were popping a lot i rerecorded but sometimes its still noticeable. think i just need a stand like a foot further away

Comment

I'd agree with the problem, disagree on the solution chief. The problem with standing further away then turning it up after, is that you'll lose a lot of the energy in the performance. No studio magic can re-capture that, you really do need to be within the 'blast radius' to capture your best performance, so to speak. I'd echo what we discussed before about getting either a cheap pop shield OR (not even joking) a pair of tights (think Americans call 'em pantyhose haha) and stretching them in front of the mic. It sounds ridiculous but Google it, real solution haha
                    Last edited by Z!Greatest; 04-16-2020, 01:09 PM.
                    Ziggy B

Comment

This beat is hard as fuck RIP Pop Smoke.
                      I like the flow, caught the beat nice. And the switch up on second verse caught me off guard haha. Dope tho.
                      The vocal layering during the break (1:02) adds to the song nicely.
                      Some parts sound a bit monotone tho, maybe work on doing more with your voice

B+

Comment

I like it man! and yeah the audio is meh but it kinda takes me back to when I started to record the first songs I think your flow is dope af but I also think you could use some practice. some things don't seem polished to me if you know what I'm sayin? like you could play with your voice a bit more. But it's all love fam! Can't wait for your next release!

Comment

Working...
                        X