Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just watched the King of Comedy. Another Scorsese/De Niro classic.

Comment

• Dark Knight Rises was ok, good but not great, watchable but not stupendous you get my drift

pacing was kinda weird, the black humor that made Dark Knight so great wasnt there, Joker > Bane, Catwoman didnt even really need to be in the film she was only their as a way to move he plot along

idk i know im gonna get flamed for this but i think it was the weakest of the series, the action was good and everything was colorful and loud on the surface but i came out of it not liking it as much as the previous two

a lot of ppl it seems like enjoy movies just based on the fact that they are new and popular and dont truly take an objective look at them

Comment

• Originally posted by Proof View Post
        Dark Knight Rises was ok, good but not great, watchable but not stupendous you get my drift

pacing was kinda weird, the black humor that made Dark Knight so great wasnt there, Joker > Bane, Catwoman didnt even really need to be in the film she was only their as a way to move he plot along

idk i know im gonna get flamed for this but i think it was the weakest of the series, the action was good and everything was colorful and loud on the surface but i came out of it not liking it as much as the previous two

a lot of ppl it seems like enjoy movies just based on the fact that they are new and popular and dont truly take an objective look at them

No-where near the level of greatness that the Dark Knight had, but it was better than Begins in almost every sense...at least in my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeezYIsCraaazY View Post
          No-where near the level of greatness that the Dark Knight had, but it was better than Begins in almost every sense...at least in my opinion.
          Begins is sooooo maaaaad underrated. I can maybe even go so far as saying BB>DK But [MENTION=59200]Proof[/MENTION] I agree tbh. I think it was the weakest too. The last couple of mins was amazing imo though. But this was just a typical action movie with a typical idea and direction. Of course Nolan did it "the Nolan style" so it felt fresh anyway.

Comment

• Begins fucking sucks ass imo

DK > DKR > BB

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaden View Post
              Begins fucking sucks ass imo
              Why?

Comment

• Originally posted by ABjerg View Post
                Why?
                It doesn't suck, but it doesn't have the same scale as the other two - which is one of the best things about the films...it paved the way to make bigger, bolder, frankly better films. Not to say that it was a bad film, because it is still a very good film.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeezYIsCraaazY View Post
                  It doesn't suck, but it doesn't have the same scale as the other two - which is one of the best things about the films...it paved the way to make bigger, bolder, frankly better films. Not to say that it was a bad film, because it is still a very good film.
                  Begins is a better film than Rises imo, only reason ppl hate on Begins is because it has the least explosions and action in it but the pacing in that film is probably the best in the whole series

Comment

• Originally posted by Proof View Post
                    Begins is a better film than Rises imo, only reason ppl hate on Begins is because it has the least explosions and action in it but the pacing in that film is probably the best in the whole series
                    It's the most pretentious film of the bunch...and the majority of it wasn't even coming from Alfred.

Seriously, though...if I had to give a reason as to why I think it is the weakest, it's probably because it focuses too much on the humanitarian side of it - which ultimately stops the plot from working; in the Dark Knight Rises, there is a relentless, painstaking mission to destroy Gotham - whereas in Begins, they almost do it without breaking a sweat.

Comment

• Watched The Curious Case of Benjamin Button once again yesterday. Also tried to watch The Messenger with my man W. Harrelson, but our net fuck'd up and shit so I wasn't able to see more than 40 mins of it.

Comment

• [MENTION=29841]ABjerg[/MENTION] - watched Inglorious Basterds last night. I quite enjoyed it; the only thing I didn't really like about it was that it felt a little over the top - which is hard to say from a Tarantino film.

Still, a good 8/10.

Comment

• Pitch Black

Comment

Working...
                          X