Man Offers Soulja Boy $25,000 to Retire: LMAO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Derezz View Post
    People always askin why myself (and others) always hate on Soulja so much...I'll tell you why right now: Much of Soulja Boy's image and music portrays the exact opposite of what we as a people(black people..and others who embrace hip-hop) have been striving to achieve for a very long time.

A lot of it promotes ignorance, simplistic lyrics, and so on. The reason I enjoy music like Nas, Kendrick, Immortal Technique, and so on, is because they tackle social issues, and speak on society.

People will jump to call rappers who speak on real world issues "boring" but to me all that says is you can't relate, or don't have enough desire to see the world change for the better to care. Have y'all experienced the discrimination that some of us face daily?

We can be self-destructive as a people...and we continue to be.
    Agreed for most of it. But there are moments when you don't ALWAYS need or want to listen to social/political/struggle raps. It's not always appropriate and does get boring after listening tediously. Sometimes you may be at a party or just in a certain mood that makes you wanna listen to an artist like Soulja or Flocka.

I have a versatile list of hip-hop artists I listen to, from those you listed to Common to Plies, etc. But that's just me. I can tolerate the so called "ignorant rap" or "trap music" and still listen to "GOOD Music".

Comment

I listen to melodic death metal to jazz singers to trap music to just regular pop/rock lmfao

Comment

People always askin why myself (and others) always hate on Soulja so much...I'll tell you why right now: Much of Soulja Boy's image and music portrays the exact opposite of what we as a people(black people..and others who embrace hip-hop) have been striving to achieve for a very long time.

A lot of it promotes ignorance, simplistic lyrics, and so on. The reason I enjoy music like Nas, Kendrick, Immortal Technique, and so on, is because they tackle social issues, and speak on society.

People will jump to call rappers who speak on real world issues "boring" but to me all that says is you can't relate, or don't have enough desire to see the world change for the better to care. Have y'all experienced the discrimination that some of us face daily?

Cosign that shit

Comment

EXACTLY. I love Immortal Technique because he tackles all this shit from countries similar to where I'm from. 3rd World Countries, Cocaine era, Corruption and so on. IT=GOAT
          The borders should be illegal instead of the people, who were here before the bible and all of its sequels

Comment

Originally posted by breezy214 View Post
            Agreed for most of it. But there are moments when you don't ALWAYS need or want to listen to social/political/struggle raps. It's not always appropriate and does get boring after listening tediously. Sometimes you may be at a party or just in a certain mood that makes you wanna listen to an artist like Soulja or Flocka.

I have a versatile list of hip-hop artists I listen to, from those you listed to Common to Plies, etc. But that's just me. I can tolerate the so called "ignorant rap" or "trap music" and still listen to "GOOD Music".
            we can all agree that we do/need diversety. its a must.

And I like i bet most people their a few songs we like by solja i mean zan with that lean 2 is sick

BUT he is not a good rapper.

i can judge somthing without using my bias

but if it was gonna list the top million best rappers of all time he still wouldnt be near it lol
            i consider him more if a self employed money maker then an entertainer/ rapper

Comment

penis

8===>>~~~
              .................... ....................

Comment

Pretty good offer tbh, he should buy another plane with the money.
                Ziggy B

Comment

Originally posted by Z!Greatest View Post
                  Pretty good offer tbh, he should buy another plane with the money.
                  why another one​?

FUCK WiT DUNSTON, iMMA PUT MY FOOT iN YO ASS

Comment

Calle 13
                    ---->

Love Women XO

(Artist)
                    The Weeknd - 33 Mill

I WENT FROM RED BARS, TO REP STARS.

Comment

real G's don't need to turn on their swag...it's always there.
                      .................... ....................

Comment

Working...
                      X