Making a website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PrettyFlacko. View Post
    Okay... so I see you're definitely saying I should go through JustHost. But like tell me how it works lol. I'm really confused... Is JustHost like WordPress? Because I was reading on the JustHost website and it says things like "Free WordPress install" lol. Sorry if I sound dumb rofll
    Naww it's cool bro, I was once clueless with this stuff.

So basically Wordpress is a CMS (Content Management System), a platform. It's something completely seperate from JustHost or any other hosting company. Hosting is where you pay someone (a company) to put all your web files that make a website onto a server so that people can access it via the WWW, so that it's basically live to the world. They own the servers and you pay them for their server space and services.

And on your server that is hosted with what ever company you go with you install the platform Wordpress. Which as I said is CMS, which basically summed up is, user friendly and allows people to make changes to a website, do blog articles etc nice and easy via a visual backend that you can log into rather than having have knowledge of coding languages HTML, CSS etc.

With Wordpress the website you were on earlier they allow you to make an account with them via their website and use them as a hosting company. But as we discussed it's normally a bad option if you want more freedom and as we have seen it's gonna cost more.

------------------------------------------------

The process of it all would be registering and getting hosting with a company (JustHost). Once you are all set up the account is verified, you have your username and password, you will log into your Cpanel (Control Panel) this is a user friendly backend to access files for your website, back it up, create email accounts, and various other bits. But the main thing you will need is to access the server files.

Also on the Cpanel there will be a easy express install for Wordpress so you don't have to install it manually, which involves uploading wordpress files to your server and then going through steps of creating a database and linking it and installing it etc (stuff you won't need to worry about).

Once wordpress is installed you then can access your websites backend and start playing with your website. If you have no experience with this stuff some times it can be a bit annoying to set up a theme but all themes come with instructions and there is plenty of help on the web. I can hook you up with a place to buy amazing Wordpress themes for like $30, (which is nothing for basically a whole website).

Once you have installed your theme, you'll be able to create pages, play about with your menus, start posting blog articles organise your categories for them etc. Add a gallery all that shit.

I'd be more than happy to help you set up everything install wordpress and all that business for ya if you need the help and want it done nice a quick? Or just help you as you go along if you wish to do it yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuzz View Post
      Naww it's cool bro, I was once clueless with this stuff.

So basically Wordpress is a CMS (Content Management System), a platform. It's something completely seperate from JustHost or any other hosting company. Hosting is where you pay someone (a company) to put all your web files that make a website onto a server so that people can access it via the WWW, so that it's basically live to the world. They own the servers and you pay them for their server space and services.

And on your server that is hosted with what ever company you go with you install the platform Wordpress. Which as I said is CMS, which basically summed up is, user friendly and allows people to make changes to a website, do blog articles etc nice and easy via a visual backend that you can log into rather than having have knowledge of coding languages HTML, CSS etc.

With Wordpress the website you were on earlier they allow you to make an account with them via their website and use them as a hosting company. But as we discussed it's normally a bad option if you want more freedom and as we have seen it's gonna cost more.

The process of it all would be registering and getting hosting with a company (JustHost). Once you are all set up the account is verified, you have your username and password, you will log into your Cpanel (Control Panel) this is a user friendly backend to access files for your website, back it up, create email accounts, and various other bits. But the main thing you will need is to access the server files.

Also on the Cpanel there will be a easy express install for Wordpress so you don't have to install it manually, which involves uploading wordpress files to your server and then going through steps of creating a database and linking it and installing it etc (stuff you won't need to worry about).

Once wordpress is installed you then can access your websites backend and start playing with your website. If you have no experience with this stuff some times it can be a bit annoying to set up a theme but all themes come with instructions and there is plenty of help on the web. I can hook you up with a place to buy amazing Wordpress themes for like $30, (which is nothing for basically a whole website).

Once you have installed your theme, you'll be able to create pages, play about with your menus, start posting blog articles organise your categories for them etc. Add a gallery all that shit.

I'd be more than happy to help you set up everything install wordpress and all that business for ya if you need the help and want it done nice a quick? Or just help you as you go along if you wish to do it yourself.
      Okay now I understand it all a lot more... but nah I'd definitely like some help! Lol! I'll PM you now..

protect dunston at all costs

Comment

Working...
      X