Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Tupac Overrated?

I think he is.
    I don't think he would have been the legend and respected he is now if he had never died.

People say he would have "saved" hip hop.

People don't understand that the South really took over hip hop.

So Tupac himself couldn't have saved hip hop.

I think all the shit with the "illuminati" made him even bigger.

Ofcourse I think all of that is bullshit and completely stupid.

I'm not sayin I hate pac, I do respect him for what he did, R.I.P .

I think Biggie was a better artist than he was because even though Big was from Brooklyn, when I listen to his music, I just get a southern feel from it for some reason, that's just me.

My childhood didn't take place when 2pac was in his prime, So I could have a totally different mind set than all of you.

I still consider Wayne the Best Rapper Alive, well... He is my favorite rap artist because he was such a big part of my childhood.

I was in 5th grade when he was droppin Drought 3, Carter 3, you know... His prime.

Maybe if I actually experience 2pac's music when he was alive, I would have a different thought about his music.

I think Pac would have ended up commercial in acting, joining a music collective, or in jail.

Because hip hop now isn't about West Coast Vs East Coast Vs South.

It's music groups like YMCMB vs G.O.O.D vs MMG ect....

We all know Biggie would have ended up commercialy, he already was when he was alive... I could see Biggie in MMG haha.

Just imagine...

Well to go back to my topic, I do feel Tupac is overrated.

Not really musically, but just what rap has brought him out to be.

I think people nowadays say he's the best rapper to ever live because that's what everyone else brings him out to be.

that's all I really have to say. So what are your thoughts?

R.I.P Pac & Notorious B.I.G.

the most overrated

Comment

Tupac is the most overrated rapper in the world.

Tupac is the definition of "Overrated"....
      Originally posted by Shake
      Why so negative all the time???

Comment

Overrated? Yes.
        One of the best? Yes.

Comment

Well first, tbh, Nobody has ever saved hip-hop/rap lol. Hip-hop was not dead in the 90s, in fact, If I didn't know better, I would say Hip-Hop was at it's prime in the 90s.
          The media made him overrated (if that's really how you feel), fans did not.
          In terms of his music, and the type of music he created, he is far from overrated. Sure he's not the best to ever make it in the game, but it had more to do with his personality and the things he stood for that made people call him a legend, just as people call B.I.G. a legend.

Afaik, I don't know many people who even call Tupac a savior of hip-hop lmao. How could he be a savior if he's died before Hip-Hop started to even suck balls. Tbh, there's never ever been a savior of hip-hop... only just potential saviors of hip-hop.

And btw, the South was so lowkey during the 90s, so to even mention them is sort of irrelevant. Altho, don't get me wrong, they were generating some serious amount of noise in the late 90s. But the South was not as famous as it would soon become in the early 2000s, when it really started taking over.

And biggie would have ended up commercial? He was already commercial from the point he dropped his first album (surprisingly). He pretty much was the epitome of mainstream hip-hop in the 90s.

Plus the only 2 reasons B.I.G. and Tupac are so damn famous in hip-hop is because 1) they're dead 2) they were apart of this feud that was widely (and I bold that for fucking emphasis lol) publicized by the media (who did anything and everything to try to keep that feud alive). If it weren't for those 2 factors (mainly the 2nd factor), they would only have their own little cult followings that every rapper usually has instead of such a widespread following.

Comment

he can't fuck with the Big Poppa

I ain't got Dunston on my shoulder, got Dunston in the backseat

Comment

Lol at this thread again.

Comment

Originally posted by WeezYIsCraaazY View Post
                Overrated? Yes.
                One of the best? Yes.
                this^^

Most of his "fans" havent even heard his first album.
                I listen to pac, i got mad luv for the man, not because everybody else do, but because i like his music.
                Unlike most of the hiphop hipsters. They just dickride him cuz everybody else does it. and that makes him overrated.

I hate them thirsty bitches
                Cut them off like circumcision
                -Lil Wayne

Comment

hes the most overhated

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

& Wayne saved hiphop but now kendrick, krit, cole, drake saving it

Comment

Cole ain't saving nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by jvg View Post
                      Cole ain't saving nothing.
                      Cole > ASAP Rocky

Comment

I fuck with both but I don't dickride them like some of these older niggas, I was 1 when they died. I guess the reason older niggas dickride them so much is because they were around during that time so it means more to them

They are overrated though, not because they suck and they're being hyped up, but because they actually are great but niggas act like they're completely flawless
                        "Armed and dangerous, rich and famous, young and restless
                        Guns and stretchers
                        Cristal and dubs for breakfast
                        I just got one suggestion - none should test him
                        'Cause cuz get hectic; send one through your sons intestines
                        Glocks knock lungs from chests, you get the portrait?
                        Bodies piled up on porches, it won't be gorgeous"

Comment

Working...
                        X